2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:59:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5  (Read 55916 times)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« on: July 11, 2015, 10:10:15 AM »
« edited: September 27, 2015, 11:53:34 AM by darthebearnc »

Hello, everyone, and welcome to the updated version of the 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline! I'm your moderator, darthebearnc, and I hope that this updated version of the 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline will best suit the needs of all who participate.

This timeline is only open to the initial 20 candidates who have already signed up.

If you still wish to participate in the new version, please simply post your intention to do so, along with your candidate name and announcement speech (you can copy and paste it). As I will be away from July 12 to 18, the timeline will start when I get back. However, I have chosen to give from now until then for you to post your candidate name and announcement speech so everyone has more than enough time to do so.

Instructions for the updated, normal version of the ITL will be given as soon as I get back and regain computer access.

Thank you to everyone who wishes to participate, and I really appreciate your flexibility! Smiley

UPDATE: This post is no longer relevant; I am now accepting new sign-ups again for a few days. Please scroll down to the post with the large green heading for the new instructions.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 05:25:09 PM »

Hi everyone! Sorry for the long wait, I lost computer access for a long time and only recently regained it. The first big update will either be tonight or tomorrow; I have PMed a few more people from the old ITL to get them to sign up as soon as they can.

Thanks! Smiley
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 08:07:37 PM »

Update 1 - Introduction

Hello, everyone, and welcome to the beginning of the updated version of the 2016 United States Presidential Election Interactive Timeline!

First of all, I'd like to apologize once more for the whole fiasco regarding format changes and for taking so long to update the new version of the timeline (I was without computer access for a long period of time last month). I'd also like to thank everyone who has signed up for this timeline for their support and interest in participating.

With that, let's get to the rules! Smiley

The updated version of this interactive timeline is divided into two stages - the primary election stage and the general election stage. The following rules all have to do with the primary election stage of the interactive timeline (the rules of the general election stage will be explained at a later date):

Rules for the Primary Election Stage

1. The primary election stage of this interactive timeline begins on July 1, 2015. It is assumed that by this time, all candidates will have announced their candidacies though will not have started actively campaigning for the presidency.

2. The primary election stage is divided into sections, called 'turns'. Each turn lasts for one in-game week, with the first turn starting on July 1, 2015 and the last turn ending on July 15, 2015, shortly before the national conventions of the Democratic and Republican parties begin (note that all turns begin on a Friday and end on a Thursday). In real life, each turn lasts for 48 hours, meaning that you must post less than 48 hours after the introductory post for the current turn is made. However, if you have not posted at the 48-hour deadline, I will PM you as a reminder and give you an additional 24 hours to post. Of course, rounds may be shortened if everyone gets their schedules in before the deadline.

3. All candidates must create and present schedules for each turn. You may incorporate no more than thirty events into your schedule per turn. In your schedule, you should describe the date and location of each event, and may describe what your candidate says or does at the event. Remember that thirty is the maximum number of events your candidate may attend per week, not the minimum or the average.

4. Six debates will take place for each party throughout the primary election stage. The debates are to occur on the following turns: the first turn in August 2015, the first turn in October 2015, the first turn in December 2015, the first turn in February 2016, the first turn in April 2016, and the first turn in June 2016. Note that during turns in which debates are held, no schedules are to be released and no events other than the debate are to be attended. I will moderate all debates and provide all debate questions. However, you may PM me with debate question suggestions if you have them.

5. In addition to the scheduled debates, candidates may collaborate with each other to create additional debates, forums, or events involving multiple participants. These additional events will function as normal events within your schedules - you must include them in your schedules and, obviously, they count as one of the thirty maximum events that you are able to attend per week. You must be invited to one of these additional events by the candidate who creates it in order to attend, and remember not to put words into other candidates' mouths in your accounts of the events.

6. Primary/caucus dates are as follows (primaries and caucus results will be generated similarly in this interactive timeline; furthermore, both parties will hold primaries/caucuses on the same day in each state):

February 1 - Iowa
    February 9 - New Hampshire
    February 20 - South Carolina
    February 23 - Nevada
    March 1 - Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia
    March 5 - Louisiana, Nebraska, Kansas
    March 6 - Maine
    March 8 - Mississippi, Michigan, Idaho, American Samoa
    March 12 - Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, Northern Marianas Islands
    March 13 - Puerto Rico
    March 15 - Florida, Illinois, Missouri, Ohio
    March 22 - Arizona, Utah
    March 26 - Alaska, Washington, Hawaii
    April 5 - Wisconsin
    April 19 - New York
    April 26 - Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island
    May 3 - Indiana
    May 10 - West Virginia
    May 17 - Kentucky, Oregon
    May 28 - Wyoming
    June 7 - California, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, South Dakota, North Dakota
    June 14 - Washington, D.C.

7. You can access the official state delegate counts for the Republican Party by going to the first graph in Link 1 and the Democratic Party by going to the last graph in Link 2.

Link 1: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/R-Alloc.phtml

Link 2: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/D-Alloc.phtml

8. Nationwide polls will be issued at the beginning of every turn to every candidate, as well as polls in upcoming primary states. I will provide polls for later primary states, as well as county polls, demographic polls, etc. upon request.

9. You may seek up to ten endorsements per turn. In order to seek an endorsement, you must meet with the person that you are trying to receive the endorsement of as an event on your schedule. Whether or not the person in question endorses you will be determined based off of (a) how ideologically close you are to the person, (b) how influential the person is, (c) whether your candidate knows the person closely, (d) how influential your candidate is at the time/how he or she is doing in the polls, and (e) how descriptive and detailed your account of your candidate's meeting with the person is. I will announce endorsement results in the introductory post of the turn after the endorsement is requested.

10. How well your candidate does in nationwide/statewide polls (and, of course, the actual primaries/caucuses) is based off of six factors (these are important to know):

A. How descriptive and detailed your candidate's event schedules are (this is the most important factor)
    B. Your candidate's debate performances
    C. Your candidate's endorsements
    D. Your candidate's ideological similarity to average nationwide/statewide primary voters
    E. Your candidate's popularity among nationwide/statewide primary voters
    F. How much I like you (just kidding Tongue)

Of course, some candidates will end up with inherent advantages in certain states due to factors D and E, but you can easily make up lost ground by doing well in A, B, and C.

11. You may drop out at any time by simply posting your intention to do so, though please don't become discouraged by poll results - they are temporary, and, once more, can easily be changed with a bit of effort.

12. The following color codes will be used in my posts from now on:

Green: General Update Posts
Red: Turn Introduction Posts
Blue: Debate Introduction Posts
Yellow: Convention Introduction Posts

13. If, for some reason, you have to take a Leave of Absence sometime during the game, please contact me to tell me so. You will not be penalized.

You have 96 hours remaining to sign up if you haven't done so already. After this point, Turn 1 will begin.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 04:22:55 PM »

Update 2 - Current Candidates

This is a list of the current participants in the 2016 United States Presidential Election Interactive Timeline (it will be updated as new candidates sign up to participate):

GOP Nomination:
    Jeb Bush - dkrolga
    John Kasich - CapoteMonster
    Lindsey Graham - tmthforu94
    Carly Fiorina - Abraham Reagan
    Rich Santorum - Classic Conservative
    Marco Rubio - ChairmanSanchez
    Mike Huckabee - Leinad
    Bob Ehrlich - Cris
    Rick Perry - Spiral
    Bill Haslam - Bigby
    Paul Ryan - maxheem
    Scott Walker - NHI
Democratic Nomination:
    Bill Gates - Potus2036
    Hillary Clinton - DimpledChad
    Joe Biden - Kingpoleon
    Gary Locke - jojoju1998
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 08:00:16 PM »

Sign-ups are still open! New players may now sign up for any unclaimed candidate they want to (besides Elizabeth Warren and Rand Paul, who have been claimed but haven't announced yet).

We have a bunch of great candidates left, including Bernie Sanders, Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee (Leinad is going to change candidates to Paul), Martin O'Malley, Jim Webb, Lincoln Chafee, Chris Christie, Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorina, and Donald Trump!

Thanks! Cheesy
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 05:26:10 AM »

Sign ups end at 09:07:37 pm EST tonight, so remember to get those speeches/candidate changes in! Cheesy

I'm surprised that nobody has taken Bernie Sanders; this is a problem that needs to be fixed.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 11:37:31 AM »

Update 3 - Current Candidates

This is a list of the current participants in the 2016 United States Presidential Election Interactive Timeline (it will be updated as new candidates sign up to participate):

GOP Nomination:
    Jeb Bush - dkrolga
    Ted Cruz - tmthforu94 (announcement yet to come; changing from Graham)
    Rand Paul - Leinad (announcement yet to come; changing from Huckabee)
    Bob Ehrlich - Cris
    Rick Perry - Spiral
    Bill Haslam - Bigby
    Paul Ryan - maxheem
    Scott Walker - NHI
    Donald Trump - Kasich 2016
    Chris Christie - Oldiesfreak1854
    Buddy Roemer - vivaportugalhabs (pending)
Democratic Nomination:
    Bill Gates - Potus2036
    Joe Biden - Kingpoleon
    Gary Locke - jojoju1998
    Elizabeth Warren - NeverAgain

Remember, sign ups end at around 9:00 PM EST tonight so make sure to get those announcements in! New players may sign up for any unclaimed candidates of the two major parties. We still have a lot of biggies left, including Bernie Sanders, Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee, and Martin O'Malley.

Thanks! Cheesy
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 03:27:27 PM »

Update 4 - Current Candidates

GOP Nomination:
    Jeb Bush - dkrolga
    Ted Cruz - tmthforu94
    Bob Ehrlich - Cris
    Rick Perry - Spiral
    Bill Haslam - Bigby
    Paul Ryan - maxheem
    Scott Walker - NHI
    Rand Paul - Leinad
    Dan Quayle - MadmanMotley
    Buddy Roemer - vivaportugalhabs (announcement pending)

Democratic Nomination:
    Bill Gates - Potus2036
    Joe Biden - Kingpoleon
    Gary Locke - jojoju1998
    Kirsten Gillibrand - NewYorkExpress

Remember, sign ups end at around 9:00 PM EST tonight so make sure to get those announcements in! New players may sign up for any unclaimed candidates of the two major parties. We still have a lot of biggies left, including Bernie Sanders, Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee, and Martin O'Malley.

Thanks! Cheesy
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 08:05:32 PM »

Two more minutes...
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 08:21:43 PM »

Update 5 - Final Candidate Roster

This is a final list of the participants in the 2016 United States Presidential Election Interactive Timeline:

GOP Nomination:
    Jeb Bush - dkrolga
    Ted Cruz - tmthforu94
    Bob Ehrlich - Cris
    Rick Perry - Spiral
    Bill Haslam - Bigby
    Paul Ryan - maxheem
    Scott Walker - NHI
    Rand Paul - Leinad
    Dan Quayle - MadmanMotley
    Terry Branstad - Classic Conservative
    Buddy Roemer - vivaportugalhabs

Democratic Nomination:
    Bill Gates - Potus2036
    Joe Biden - Kingpoleon
    Gary Locke - jojoju1998
    Kirsten Gillibrand - NewYorkExpress
    Al Gore - BigVic

As it has been 96 hours since my initial rules post was released, sign-ups are closed and will no longer be accepted. This is the final roster for the candidates who are able to participate (there are 23 total). Please note that Buddy Roemer and Al Gore, neither of whom have posted their announcement speeches, will be excluded from polling until they do so, though they of course will still be able to participate.

The introductory post for Round 1 is coming soon.

Thanks! Cheesy
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 02:42:05 AM »

Round 1 - Introduction

Hello, everyone, and welcome to Round 1 of the 2016 United States Presidential Election Interactive Timeline! Cheesy

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who has signed up to participate in this timeline for doing so, and assure all candidates that the updated version of the timeline will be much easier to understand, much easier to operate, and much more interesting and multi-faceted than the old version.

Before I get to the rules for Round 1, let me mention a few notes:

- In the past, I have been pretty lenient when it comes to following the rules. For example, I have extended the sign-up period multiple times and have allowed to candidates who haven't posted their announcement speeches yet to still participate. However, in the future, I have decided to become more strict when it comes to following the rules in order to ensure a faster and fairer game - this means that breaching the rules will not be tolerated and time limits will begin to be strictly enforced.

- From this point forward, please refrain from deleting any of your previous posts. If you made a mistake in your post and want to change it, simply edit it (with my permission) or add another post that includes the changes. After all, my main goal in moderating this game is to surpass the 1972 ITL in post count (just kidding).

- If you have any questions (ANY questions) regarding the game, please feel free to contact me. Do not be afraid that you are asking too many questions; I am here to help and am willing to assist you in any way possible.

Next up, I have to account for how exactly this timeline will work.

As I said earlier, the timeline starts on July 1, 2015. It is assumed that by this time, all candidates will have announced their candidacies though will not have started actively campaigning for the presidency. All events (with the exception of election-related ones) that occurred in real life before July 1, 2015 are assumed to have occurred in the timeline; if you have any questions on what is considered an 'election-related event' please feel free to contact me. After July 1, it is also assumed that all non-election related events that have occurred in real life have occurred in the timeline; once more, feel free to contact me if you need any clarifications.

The following are the current whereabouts of people who are running for president in real life but aren't in the timeline (this will help you with determining which endorsements you want to pursue):

Democratic Party:
    - Bernie Sanders: Still a United States Senator from the state of Vermont; identifies as an independent but caucuses with the Democrats in the Senate.
    - Martin O'Malley: Though not in office, remains active politically and is exploring a run for Senate in 2016.
    - Jim Webb: Has sunk into a quiet retirement at his home in Virginia.
    - Lincoln Chafee: Has sunk into a quiet retirement at his home in Rhode Island.

Republican Party:
    - Ben Carson: Remains active as a political commentator; contemplates run for United States Senate in Maryland.
    - Jim Gilmore: Becomes a political vegetable, as expected.
    - Lindsey Graham: Remains active as a United States Senator from South Carolina.
    - Mike Huckabee: Remains the host of his FOX News television program, Huckabee.
    - Bobby Jindal: Though holding no current political office, remains active politically and seems to be interested in replacing David Vitter as a United States Senator from Louisiana if Vitter wins the Louisiana governorship.
    - George Pataki: Has declared his candidacy for the 2016 United States Senate election in New York, facing off against Senator Chuck Schumer.
    - Rick Santorum: Remains politically active; is on tour for his new book, "America: In Obama We Trust."

If you have any questions regarding the current whereabouts of these candidates, please feel free to contact me.

Anyway, enough with extra notes. Now for the rules for Round 1 (please note that general rules for the Primary Election Stage are here):

Rules

1. Round 1 (also known as Turn 1) begins on July 1, 2015 and ends on July 7, 2015 in the timeline.

2. You have exactly 48 hours from the time this is posted to present your candidate's schedule. If your 48 hours are up, I will PM you and give you an additional 24 hours to post, but after that, I will not provide any more extensions unless you PM me and give me a good reason to do so. If you don't post within the time limit, it will be assumed that your candidate did not campaign during the week in question.

3. You may visit no more than one state/territory/federal district per day. This means, for example, that a candidate must stay within one state on July 1, may move to a different state on July 2, may move to a third state on July 3, etc. However, you can move wherever you would like within a state throughout the day.

4. You may ask for up to 10 (ten) endorsements per week. In order to ask for an endorsement, you must meet with the person you wish to be endorsed by (this counts as one of your thirty maximum events). If you want to meet with someone to ask for their endorsement, you must go to their home state or a state that they are active in. For example, if you want Dianne Feinstein's endorsement, you could go to California (her home state) or Washington, D. C. (where she works) to meet with her. If you have a question on whether you can get a certain person's endorsement in a certain state, please feel free to ask me. "When in doubt, give darthebearnc a shout!"

5. For Round 1, you must also produce a campaign staff for your candidate. It's up to you to determine who is in your staff, but remember that how well you do in the polls is based off of how specific and detailed your information is. You may not include any real people in your campaign staff teams unless they are (a) you in real life or (b) somebody who actually works for your candidate.

6. I have provided polling for both parties' primaries, including national polls and polls in the four early primary states. If you have any additional polling requests, please simply ask me and I will provide them for free. Remember that how you do in the polls is based off of how much effort you put into your campaign schedules, debates, speeches, etc.

7. Please remember that if you have any questions, feel free to contact me! Don't feel afraid; I don't bite (I'm not a mod).

Polls

Nationwide GOP Primary
Jeb Bush - 14%
Scott Walker - 13%
Marco Rubio - 9%
Rick Perry - 8%
Donald Trump - 8%
Bob Ehrlich - 7%
Chris Christie - 6%
Ted Cruz - 6%
John Kasich - 5%
Carly Fiorina - 5%
Paul Ryan - 5%
Rand Paul - 5%
Buddy Roemer - 4%
Bill Haslam - 3%
Terry Branstad - 1%
Dan Quayle - 1%

Nationwide Democratic Primary
Hillary Clinton - 46%
Bill Gates - 29%
Elizabeth Warren - 11%
Joe Biden - 9%
Gary Locke - 3%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 2%
Al Gore - 0%

Iowa GOP Primary
Terry Branstad - 15%
Scott Walker - 14%
Jeb Bush - 9%
Donald Trump - 8%
Marco Rubio - 7%
Paul Ryan - 7%
Ted Cruz - 7%
Rick Perry - 6%
John Kasich - 5%
Bill Haslam - 5%
Buddy Roemer - 4%
Rand Paul - 3%
Dan Quayle - 3%
Bob Ehrlich - 3%
Carly Fiorina - 2%
Chris Christie - 2%

Iowa Democratic Primary
Hillary Clinton - 57%
Bill Gates - 22%
Joe Biden - 10%
Elizabeth Warren - 7%
Gary Locke - 2%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 2%
Al Gore - 0%

New Hampshire GOP Primary
Jeb Bush - 15%
Marco Rubio - 11%
Bob Ehrlich - 11%
Chris Christie - 10%
John Kasich - 10%
Carly Fiorina - 10%
Rand Paul - 10%
Scott Walker - 9%
Donald Trump - 4%
Paul Ryan - 3%
Rick Perry - 3%
Ted Cruz - 2%
Buddy Roemer - 1%
Dan Quayle - 1%
Terry Branstad - 0%
Bill Haslam - 0%

New Hampshire Democratic Primary
Hillary Clinton - 33%
Bill Gates - 30%
Elizabeth Warren - 27%
Joe Biden - 6%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 2%
Gary Locke - 2%
Al Gore - 0%

*Please note that Al Gore will not be included in the polls until he posts his announcement speech.

**Please also note that as the polling data included here is partially taken from real polls taken in July 2015, candidates who are running in real life are given an advantage over those who aren't. This will be completely fixed by next round; I apologize for the mistake on my part.

___

Anyway, thank you to everyone who is participating for doing so, and I can't wait to watch the election begin. Good luck! Cheesy
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 08:09:50 AM »

Mini Update 1!

Two quick points to make:

1. In Round 1, both a campaign schedule and a campaign staff list for your candidate must be provided.

2. As requested, here are the Democratic Party primary polls for Washington:

Washington Democratic Primary

Hillary Clinton - 29%
Gary Locke - 26%
Bill Gates - 26%
Elizabeth Warren - 14%
Joe Biden - 4%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 1%
Al Gore - 0%

Thanks everyone! Cheesy

P.S. For some reason, the forum only allows you 20 personal messages per hour, so I have to wait a little before responding to the PMs that I've recently received. Sorry about that.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2015, 09:41:39 PM »

Sorry I've been so inactive today; I had something come up in real life and so have only been able to access the forum sporadically.

Hopefully, however, things will be back to normal by tomorrow morning and I will address all of your questions, comments, and concerns then.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2015, 08:05:03 AM »

Hey guys! Cheesy

I'm back to normal activity now and will immediately begin answering PMs, settling disputes, releasing polls, etc.

Sorry for such a long wait; something came up in real life yesterday and I couldn't do that much on the forum.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2015, 09:23:51 PM »

Hey, guys.

Unfortunately, I still wasn't able to be that active today (the real life scenario that I referred to earlier has not yet resolved itself).

However, thanks to everyone who has been participating!

I will extend this Round an additional 24 hours because it doesn't seem like everyone has been able to post yet.

Once more sorry for being so inactive, things have been quite hectic in RL recently.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 08:20:00 PM »

Only around one day left for this round! Make sure to get your staff and schedule in ASAP!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2015, 10:35:58 PM »

Since I am a Kind and Forgiving Supreme Leader, I will give you until 5:00 PM to get your staff AND schedules in (I won't be home until shortly before then).

POST THEM!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2015, 05:34:53 AM »

Can Paul Ryan jump in the race July 17th?

As I said earlier, all candidates are supposed to have entered before July 1.

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2015, 04:13:46 PM »

Round 1 OVER.

Schedules and staff for this round will no longer be accepted.

Round 2 coming out ASAP.

Thanks! Cheesy
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2015, 04:49:50 PM »

I assume we will get polling and what not?

Yes, polls and endorsement results will be released with the Round 2 intro.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2015, 12:40:42 AM »

Round 2 - Introduction

Hi, guys! Cheesy

Thank you to everyone who was able to submit their staff and schedules for Round 1; they were all genuinely impressive and I'm pleasantly surprised with their quality and the effort you put into them.

In the introduction for this Round, I'll basically be adding some updates to the rules, as well as the endorsement results for Round 1 and the new polls. The main sets of rules for the timeline can be found here and here.

As Fiorina and Clinton have both withdrawn from the race (leaving Warren and Gillibrand as the only women left), we're now down to only 21 candidates. You guys are probably happy about that, though, because now there's less competition in both parties. Tongue

Rule Updates:

1. This round will last from July 8, 2015 to July 14, 2015 in the game. You have 72 hours to post your schedules and a campaign ad for your candidate.

2. You basically have free reign when it comes to your campaign ad; you can do a TV commercial, a newspaper ad, a magazine article, etc. Just have fun! Remember, though, that your schedule must also be submitted for this week.

3. There is no longer a 30-event endorsement cap on your schedule (nobody followed that rule anyway...), though make sure that you ask for no more than ten endorsements per week. You must have a meeting with the person you want to endorse you in your schedule (and that meeting must be either in their home state or the state that they work in).

4. Remember that your success in the polls is based off of how descriptive, detailed, and realistic your campaigns are!

______

Polls:

Nationwide GOP Primary:

Ted Cruz - 16%
Bob Ehrlich - 13%
Marco Rubio - 12%
Bill Haslam - 11%
Terry Branstad - 8%
Buddy Roemer - 8%
John Kasich - 8%
Jeb Bush - 8%
Scott Walker - 6%
Rand Paul - 4%
Chris Christie - 2%
Dan Quayle - 1%
Paul Ryan - 1%
Rick Perry - 1%
Donald Trump - 1%

Nationwide Democratic Primary:

Bill Gates - 24%
Gary Locke - 23%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 21%
Elizabeth Warren - 19%
Al Gore - 10%
Joe Biden - 3%

Iowa GOP Primary:

Terry Branstad - 20%
Ted Cruz - 16%
Bill Haslam - 12%
Marco Rubio - 9%
Scott Walker - 8%
John Kasich - 7%
Bob Ehrlich - 6%
Jeb Bush - 5%
Buddy Roemer - 4%
Paul Ryan - 4%
Dan Quayle - 3%
Rand Paul - 3%
Rick Perry - 2%
Donald Trump - 1%
Chris Christie - 0%

Iowa Democratic Primary:

Kirsten Gillibrand - 23%
Al Gore - 22%
Bill Gates - 21%
Elizabeth Warren - 15%
Gary Locke - 15%
Joe Biden - 4%

New Hampshire GOP Primary:

Bob Ehrlich - 19%
John Kasich - 12%
Marco Rubio - 11%
Ted Cruz - 10%
Jeb Bush - 9%
Rand Paul - 8%
Chris Christie - 8%
Bill Haslam - 6%
Terry Branstad - 5%
Buddy Roemer - 5%
Scott Walker - 5%
Paul Ryan - 1%
Donald Trump - 1%
Dan Quayle - 0%
Rick Perry - 0%

New Hampshire Democratic Primary:

Elizabeth Warren - 25%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 25%
Bill Gates - 22%
Gary Locke - 21%
Al Gore - 5%
Joe Biden - 2%

Michigan GOP Primary:

Bob Ehrlich - 12%
Marco Rubio - 11%
John Kasich - 10%
Ted Cruz - 10%
Jeb Bush - 10%
Scott Walker - 10%
Terry Branstad - 6%
Bill Haslam - 6%
Chris Christie - 5%
Rand Paul - 5%
Paul Ryan - 5%
Buddy Roemer - 5%
Donald Trump - 2%
Dan Quayle - 2%
Rick Perry - 1%

South Carolina GOP Primary:

Ted Cruz - 22%
Bill Haslam - 15%
Marco Rubio - 9%
Terry Branstad - 8%
Scott Walker - 8%
Buddy Roemer - 8%
Bob Ehrlich - 6%
Jeb Bush - 5%
Donald Trump - 5%
Rick Perry - 5%
Rand Paul - 4%
John Kasich - 4%
Paul Ryan - 1%
Dan Quayle - 0%
Chris Christie - 0%

Nevada GOP Primary:

Marco Rubio - 16%
Ted Cruz - 16%
Bill Haslam - 11%
Jeb Bush - 8%
Rand Paul - 8%
Bob Ehrlich - 8%
Scott Walker - 6%
John Kasich - 6%
Terry Branstad - 6%
Buddy Roemer - 5%
Donald Trump - 3%
Rick Perry - 3%
Chris Christie - 2%
Dan Quayle - 1%
Paul Ryan - 1%

Washington Democratic Primary:

Gary Locke - 30%
Bill Gates - 30%
Elizabeth Warren - 21%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 13%
Al Gore - 5%
Joe Biden - 1%

______

Remember to get your schedules and ads in!

Endorsements are coming out soon.

Thanks! Cheesy
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 10:22:50 AM »

ENDORSEMENTS!

GOP NOMINATION:

Jeb Bush - John H. Sununu, Scott Brown, Chuck Morse

John Kasich - John Boehner, Brian Sandoval

Ted Cruz - Charlie Bass, Mike Lee, Tim Scott, Jim Inhofe, Louie Gohmert, Bob Vander Plaats, Steve King

Marco Rubio - Adam Hasner, Rick Scott

Bob Ehrlich - Larry Hogan, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Frank Guinta, Rudy Giuliani, George Pataki

Bill Haslam - Nikki Haley, Lamar Alexander, Bob Corker, Tom Cotton, Nathan Deal, David Perdue, Johnny Isakson

Chris Christie - Kelly Ayotte

Donald Trump - Ovide Lamontagne, Bob Smith, Trey Gowdy

Rand Paul - Thomas Massie, Mitch McConnell, Andy Barr, Justin Amash, Ron Paul, Glenn Beck, Steve Munisteri

Terry Branstad - Kim Reynolds, Joni Ernst, David Young, Chuck Grassley, David Trott, Dennis Daugaard, John Thune

Buddy Roemer - Rod Blum, Roby Smith, Walter B. Jones, Bob Inglis, Edmond Gionet

DEMOCRATIC NOMINATION:

Bill Gates - Jeanne Shaheen

Gary Locke - Christine Gregoire, Joseph Cao

Kirsten Gillibrand - Mark Smith, Bruce Braley, Bonnie Campbell, Patty Judge, John Lynch
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2015, 01:31:54 PM »

Note: It is okay for you guys to make separate posts for your ad and schedule if you want to Smiley
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2015, 01:03:47 PM »

UPDATE TIME!

Hi, everyone! Cheesy Thanks for getting your Round 3 stuff in!

Recently, I've been getting some feedback from experienced ITLers (this is my first one) so I've decided to perhaps change a few rules in order to make the ITL experience better for everyone!

1. You may now use phone calls for endorsements; you no longer have to be in the person's state.

2. I know that the poll numbers between Rounds 1 and 2 changed pretty radically; that's my fault (it's really hard making polls!) and I'll try to make them more consistent/less extreme in the future when it comes to changes.

3. How would you guys think about making it two weeks per round instead of one? I personally like our current format but I've heard that some people think it will take too long. For now, we'll keep it one week per round (my preferred way) but if you guys come to a consensus then I'll think about changing it.

Please PM me with all your feedback/questions! Cheesy

Thanks!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2015, 02:36:54 PM »

Alright, guys! I've gotten some feedback and it seems like the consensus is that we should expand each round to two weeks. However, we'll probably go back to one when the primaries start and things get real busy.

If you disagree with this new policy or have any other questions/feedback, please don't hesitate to contact me!

Thanks! Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies