2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:27:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5  (Read 55875 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 20, 2015, 11:58:16 PM »

Joe Biden Enters Presidential Race
[/u][/b]

Biden Rallying Voters

"Gentlemen, ladies, welcome. I am pleased to announce that I, Joseph Biden, am officially now a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2016. What the Republicans don't understand, what Hillary Clinton doesn't understand, what Bernie Sanders doesn't understand, is that Americans want peace, not war. Prosperity, not hate. Positivity, not negativity." The Vice President begins.

"Ever since I was little," the Vice President continues, "I was told what I should not, could not, would not do. Now, Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Sanders are telling me I cannot become President. To me, that sounds an awful lot like the Republicans." The crowd chuckles as Biden starts up again. "I'm telling, just as you can live the American Dream, I can become President and live the American Dream."

"I have made many tough choices. Now, with my son dead, I am running for President. It sounds ambitious and egotistic job-grabbing. The last words of my son, however, encouraged me to run. I think," Biden begins to tear up, "I think I will listen to my dead son over Hillary Clinton, thank you very much. As we move forwards, I will not forget him and the sacrifices he made."

"We will win. We will march on. We will make America greater than ever before. As I rise, I will raise America with me. Now, as we focus on a brighter tomorrow, I ask all of you to join me in pushing for a better future. I ask you to support me, so that together we will have a brighter day tomorrow than yesterday. For our children, for our peace, for our prosperity - I ask, humbly, for your support in these tough times." Biden would continue with a similar speech for nearly twenty more minutes, before excusing himself for several endorsements to follow, including that of Angus King.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 05:41:29 PM »

July 15 - January 2:

July:

- Develop campaign infrastructure in early states
- Focus on Nevada, South Carolina with barnstorming
- Begin fundraising

September:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

- Fundraise heavily in:
   - Minnesota
   - Michigan
   - Ohio
   - South Carolina

- Barnstorm(order of # of visits):
   - South Carolina
   - Nevada
   - Iowa

- Town halls:
   - Iowa
   - New Hampshire
   - Michigan

October:

- Continue barnstorming, town halls
- Gather endorsements
- Fundraisers in:
   - California
   - Michigan
   - Ohio
   - New Hampshire
- Develop infrastructure in South Carolina

November:

Barnstorm:
- South Carolina
- Iowa

Fundraisers:
- New York City
- Charleston
- Minneapolis

Town Hall:
- South Caroljna
- Iowa
- Minnesota

Thanksgiving:
- Spend week in S. Carolina
- Campaign rallies Mon.-Wed.
Thurs.:
- Potluck dinner(5:30-8:00)
- Prayer and free lunch(11:00-2:00):
   • Reserve Convention for ~20,000 in Charleston
   • $500,000 food[$25/person]
   • Sweet tea, soft drinks, water, milk
   • Turkey, ribs, beans, tomatoe soup,
- Breakfast with Biden(6:30-9:00):
   • Room for ~1,000
   • Pancakes, eggs, cereal
   • Orange juice, water, coffee
Fri-Sat.:
- Town halls

December:
- Slow pace down
- Continue campaigning in South Carolina
- Found "Republicans for Biden"

Overall:

- Heavily Build structure in Nevada, South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, Minnesota, Michigan
- Build Medium structures in Iowa and New Hampshire
- Light structures for all states on or before Super Tuesday not yet mentioned
- Recruit:
• 2,500 volunteers/staffers in Iowa; same for South Carolina
• 3,000 staff members/volunteers in Nevada
• 1,500 volunteers and staff in New Hampshire
• 1,000 volunteers and 25 staffers for each remaining state on or before Super Tuesday
• 100 volunteers and five staffers for all states with a primary before June 1
• 50 volunteers and three staffers for all states with a primary during June or July

January 2-15:

Jan. 2:
- Barn storm in Charleston, South Carolina
- Fund raiser in Columbia, South Carolina
- Town hall in Columbia

Jan. 3:
- Barn storm South Carolina
- Barn storm South Carolina
- Town hall South Carolina

Jan. 4:
- Town hall S. C.
- Fundraiser S. C.
- Town hall S. C.

Jan. 5:
- Town hall S. C.
- Town hall S. C.
- Town hall S. C.

Jan. 6:
- Town hall S. C.
- Town hall S. C.
- Rest

Jan. 7:
- Rest
- Town Hall S. C.
- Barnstorm S. C.

Jan. 8:
- Barnstorm S. C.
- Barnstorm S. C.
- Town hall S. C.

Jan. 9:
- Barnstorm S. C.
- Fly to Iowa
- Barnstorm Iowa

Ads:
*pictures of the other Democratic candidates in black and white*
"Former Governor, Wife of President, Extreme Senator, *mumbled news reports*"

"Who can really move this country towards progress, to a brighter tomorrow? Who is going forwards for the people?" A woman narrates. "Meet Joe Biden."

Joe turns to the camera and gives his standard grin. "I have been the Vice President. Trying to balance the President with a Senate I knew so well has been a difficult job. During my thirty years in the Senate, I learned how to fight for progress, and a brighter future for tomorrow. I wish the other candidates understood this. I'm not running myself. I'm running for the people, by the people, of the people."

"I remember how I came to my current position on some issues. One day, walking on the street, I saw two men kissing. I turned and looked at my dad. He looked at me, and I can remember the tone of his voice as he said to me, 'Joe, that is love. Do not mistake it for sin.'"

"Joe Biden stands for progress to a brighter future, for the people, by the people, of the people. To bring Americs into unity, support Joe Biden. Biden has bided his time long enough; now it is time to unite the country. Joe Biden: The Honest People's Candidate."

This ad is payed for by the political action committee Americans for Honest Joe.

The above ad will play in the following states:

>90%: $4,000,000-$5,000,000
>70%: $1,500,000-$2,000,000
>50%: $750,000-$1,000,000
>30%: $250,000-$300,000

The above ad will play from January 2 to January 6 in the above states.

OOC: To be clear, the majority of the above are being screened for their respective positions by yours truly. I almost definitely will replace at least one, and in all likelihood at least five or six more.

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 07:37:45 AM »

Joe Biden is willing to discuss bipartisan healthcare reform and a Select Committee with any of the following Republican candidates:

- John Kasich
- Bill Haslam
- Ben Carson

Should more than one accept, Biden would gladly meet with all and allow an equal amount of Democratic candidates to attend.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 04:06:58 PM »

Joe Biden again invites candidates to a Bipartisan Healthcare Select Committee. Preparation for it may be done through private contact between campaigns*.

This time, we invite all Republican and Democratic candidates. Oreferences wll be made on a  first come, first basis.

However, if the following agree at all, they shall be allowed to attend:

John Kasich
Ben Carson

The following Independents are also invited**:

Hiram Ross Perot, Jr.(I-TX)
Larry Pressler(I-SD)
John B. Anderson(I-IL)
Tim Penny(I-MN)
Mike Gravel(I-AK)
Joe Lieberman(I-CT)

- Press Release by Campaign Spokesman Thomas Roberts of New York

OOC:
*PMs
**If darthe allows it. Individual accept ions are okay, but I'd prefer it if all could attend the panel.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 05:07:17 PM »

Two applications have been sent in. In the absence of an equal number of party candidates, the Biden campaign shall be willing to accept Democratic and Republican politicians who volunteer.

- Campaign Spokesman Thomas Roberts
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 07:51:39 PM »

The following candidates have applied and been received for the Bipartisan Healthcare Summit of January 13:

- Bill Haslam
- Buddy Roemer
- John Kasich
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 04:15:01 PM »

"
Obama's Southern Man Hired for Biden Campaign
[picture="TharonJohnson"][/picture]

Tharon Johnson of Atlanta, Georgia has been announced as the campaign's official Chairman of the Biden Georgia Campaign. The Southern Biden Campaign is currently headed by Steve Riccheti, and he appears to be briefing the campaign to Johnson.

Johnson is rumored to be a potential co-Chairman of the Southern Biden Campaign."

- Politico, October 7

The Biden campaign would gladly welcome Democrats such as Kirsten Gillibrand and Elizabeth Warren to the Select Health Committee.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 07:56:27 PM »

The following candidates will be attending the Bipartisan Select Healthcare Summit:

- Joe Biden
- Kirsten Gillibrand
- Bill Haslam
- John Kasich
- Buddy Roemer

The Biden campaign again extends an invitation to all candidates, and wishes to include the Democratic candidates again. Senator Warren would be especially appreciated. The Summit will be held from 9:00 A. M. until 5:00 P. M. on January the fourteenth. Each attendee will be paired with a member of the opposite party for two hours, working on a rough draft of healthcare plans.

- Thomas Roberts, Biden campaign spokesman

OOC: Darthe, could you tell me if the following independents could attend the meeting?:

Businessman Hiram Ross Perot, Jr.(TX)
John B. Anderson(IL)
Larry Pressler(SD)
Joseph Lieberman(CT)
Angus King(ME)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 08:41:13 PM »

... Um... I was thinking the partners would PM each other their ideas, present them here, and then have a private group PM over gathering it into one drafted Bill. The Select Committee would vote for several lists of permanent members, who would have until, say, Turn 10 to gather a full drafted Bill to pass Congress once someone is elected and inaugurated.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 11:31:39 PM »

"Brown is the smartest man in politics - barring, perhaps, his excellent judge of character. Then, we see something none of us ever thought to see: Brown mentoring a man possibly more intelligent than him, Gavin Newsom. I have always considered him a fellow maverick, and while his endorsement would mean a lot to me, I understand his meeting with Elizabeth Warren.

"I have also met with him, and I heard ringing in my ears several things Warren criticizes Republicans for. A flat tax, which he explained as still taxing more for making more without being as divisive, complicated, costly, or difficult. Less restrictions on gun control than many of our, ahem, progressive wing favors - he claims that, as with abortion, our personal freedom is more important than possible harm.

"It went on and on, and I am surprised a 'true progressive,' which apparently I am not, is willing to accept such an endorsement from a man more dedicated to bipartisanship than myself, for which she has upbraided me. I am very disappointed in Senator Warren's hypocrisy, though I wish her the best of luck, as I do with all contenders."

- Joe Biden on Morning Joe, discussing Warren's meeting with Governor Brown
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 04:28:32 PM »

The partners at the January 13 Bipartisan Healthcare Meeting will be as follows:

- Joe Biden & John Kasich
- Kirsten Gillibrand & Bill Haslam
- Buddy Roemer & Elizabeth Warren

We advise each candidate to come prepared to work hard. We will have ninety minutes with our partners, each group will have thirty minutes to pass out copies of ideas agreed upon and explain, and then we will have five hours more after these three hours to form a rough draft of a bill.

- Thomas Roberts
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 04:46:26 PM »

*slideshow of other candidates - news anchors voices:
"Angry rage, moderately inexperienced, politically unbalanced..."

"What candidate can understand our needs and has the right experience? Vice President Joe Biden. With twenty-seven years in the Senate, nearly a decade as Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, and eight years as Vice President, does. But what is your plan, Mr. Vice President?" The narrator, a woman, has her voice flow to music.

"One: we need an economic stimulus passed on my first hundred days in office. This, combined with my new tax plan*,  will energize the American middle class without breaking the backs of the upper class. I would also be willing to consider a one percent nationwide sales tax in all states. First, however, I would request each state's approval. If one refuses, they will have half of their economic stimulus thrown in as extra income. If more than one third refuse, it won't be done. If more than three but less than one third refuse, they will receive the economic stimulus but may not receive further ones.

"Secondly, we need a diversified economy. I will open talks with Germany, and use economic affairs to encourage businesses on the East Coast and most of America to begin more use of Euros and vice versa with American dollars in Germany and the United Kingdom. On the West Coast, we will have Japan and the Philippines, our allies, begin helping us do the same with our dollar there.

"Lastly, we need to balance our budget to promote stability. Hopefully, I will be able to release a plan to do so before the first week of February is up. This, combined with my hopeful farther expansion of Medicaid, will give America hope and positivity back with me during such a negative campaign. Barack Obama campaigned on hope, and now all are destroying the hope he created. I pledge to restore this hope back to America, and I pledge to do this by only being President for one term."

"I'm Joe Biden, and I approve this message."

"The Political Action Committee for Honest Joe has paid for and approved of this ad."

Play the above ad in the following states:

>90%: $2,500,000
>70%: $1,750,000
>50%: $1,250,00
>30%: $500,000

The One Point One to Fifty Point One Plan

$0-$15,000: 0.0%
$15,001-$20,000: 1.1%
$20,000-$40,000: 5.1%
$40,001-$65,000: 10.1%
$65,001-$110,000: 15.1%
$110,001-$200,000: 25.1%
$200,001-$250,000: 35.1%
$250,001-$400,000: 40.1%
$400,000-$750,000: 45.1%
$750,000+: 50.1%

Additionally, the gas tax will be raised to forty-nine and a half cents on foreign-imported oil, and four-and-a-half cents on American oil. This money will be used a fourth of with to pay for infrastructure repairs, half for Medicaid expansions, and another fourth will be put away as safe money to help balance the budget.

- Campaign Spokesman Thomas Roberts

OOC: In case no one noticed, my campaign spokesman is openly homosexual.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 01:42:08 AM »

I'd like to know who's running in the Democratic primaries for 2016 for the Senate in these states:

Alaska
Arizona
California
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
Missouri
Nevada
New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
Wisconsin

If possible, I would appreciate these states too:

Arkansas
Iowa
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maryland
Oklahoma
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2015, 01:55:10 PM »

CONFIRMATION FROM HQ: COLEMAN & WHITMAN TO CHAIR "REPUBLICANS FOR BIDEN"
After specukation including Aaron Schock, Fiorello LoBiondo, Tim Pawlenty, and Michael Powell, Norm Coleman and Christine Whitman appesr to be the last two being vetted for the official "Republicans For Biden" campaign group's co-chairs. An official endorsement and gathering may take until just before our South Carolina primary to give us a last minute boost there.

- Memo from Peter Zuckerman, Campaign Media Director for the West Coast, to Steve Riccheti, January 11, 2016
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2015, 09:27:56 PM »

To be clear, that's a memo I posted to show I'm working on getting together a team. I don't need to officially announce or seek their endorsements until the round before I want to announce them.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 12:41:25 PM »

Could I have the primary candidates I requested knowing about?

For example, is Udall primarying Bennet in Colorado?

Also:.

"Teri Hasks Goodman and Kevin M. McCarthy have been made Chairperson of the Dubuque County campaign and Co-Chairman of our Iowa campaign, respectively."

- Thomas Roberts

I'm trying to compile a list of campaign members for future reference. Hopefully this helps.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2015, 04:03:04 PM »

Joe Biden "Ready" to Run Fifty-State General Campaign
[/b][/u]

A Biden aide who requested anonymity has released information. According to the aide, Biden is 'prepared and ready to run heavily throughout the South'.

Using such states as Virginia and Iowa and New Mexico as launching points, the aide claimed Biden's campaign had put together the following map:

With 108 EVs being rated as Tilt GOP, the Biden map would suggest the possibility of pushing down the GOP to 137 EVs. This author suggests it as a possibility, particularly with potential game changers and keynote speakers as Gavin Newsom, Claire McCaskill, Howard Dean, and similar possibilities.

It is only likely if Biden's southern strategy is successful in the primary. Working off the base he would have in any of the green states he won in the primaries, he would need to convince most independents and even a good part of Republicans to attain that map.

- Politico, Jan. 9, 2016
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2015, 06:29:33 PM »

Also, I had a few ideas for potential primary challengers for Bennet:
- Andrew Romanoff
- Michael Johnston
- Ken Salazar
- Andy Karr
- Federico Peña
- Helen Thorpe
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015, 04:07:27 PM »

center]Joe Biden "Ready" to Run Fifty-State General Campaign[/center]A Biden aide who requested anonymity has released information. According to the aide, Biden is 'prepared and ready to run heavily throughout the South'.

Using such states as Virginia and Iowa and New Mexico as launching points, the aide claimed Biden's campaign had put together the following map:

With 108 EVs being rated as Tilt GOP, the Biden map would suggest the possibility of pushing down the GOP to 137 EVs. This author suggests it as a possibility, particularly with potential game changers and keynote speakers as Gavin Newsom, Claire McCaskill, Howard Dean, and similar possibilities.

It is only likely if Biden's southern strategy is successful in the primary. Working off the base he would have in any of the green states he won in the primaries, he would need to convince most independents and even a good part of Republicans to attain that map.

- Politico, Jan. 9, 2016
[/quote]

ME - 2 is Lean D while SC is toss-up? Biden needs better polling.[/quote] No, it's representative of where Biden is willing to compete.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2015, 03:28:20 PM »

Biden's campaign will officially seek the following endorsements:

- Bill DeBlasio
- Howard Dean
- Jerry Brown
- Gavin Newsom
- Brian Schweitzer
- Angus King
- Ron Wyden
- Deval Patrick
- Bill Richardson
- (James Carville)
  (Vincent Sheheen)
  (Larry Pressler)

If I only need to seek support from elected officials, then my tenth slot goes to Sheheen. If I only need to seek support from statewide/federal representatives, then my tenth slot goes to Pressler.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2015, 04:00:05 PM »

Would someone as libertarian as Brown endorse Warren?

We could both seek his endorsement, and you could roll a dice on it.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 05:21:31 PM »

Jerry Brown:
- Flat tax
- Moderate on gun control
- Against nationalization of healthcare
- Pro-BBA

He's... For campaign finance reform, if you're running as Lessig.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 03:09:50 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2015, 11:53:57 AM by Kingpoleon »

The Joe Biden campaign seeks the following endorsements:

- Barack Obama
Rallies in Washington, D. C.
- Michael Johnston, Mayor
Rallies in Charleston, First District
- Claire McCaskill
Rallies/Barnstorming Southern Iowa
- Jim Hodges
Barn storms S. C.
- Tom Vilsack
Rally in Des Moines, Sioux City
- Evan Bayh
Rally in Manchester & Concord
- Michael Bloomberg
Fundraiser in NYC
- Martin O'Malley
Rallies in Iowa, South Carolina, Nevada
- Cory Booker
Rally in S. C.
- Mike Gravel
"Joe Biden is running a socially left-wing campaign and includes promises for Medicaid expansions to states. However, he understands the libertarian principle of fiscal responsibility and pledges to work with Clinton financial officials to institute a fiscally responsible balanced budget."

OOC: I will release a schedule later and some ads. If Kasich's player would PM me, I would gladly work with him to gather a rough draft to be presented to the other attendants.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2015, 05:49:36 PM »

I fixed all of it. Could I deploy my previous endorsers also?

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2015, 01:13:46 PM »

Joe Biden endorses:

Laurie Halverson(DFL-2) over Patricia Anderson(REP-2)
Vincent Sheheen for SC-5
Chris Van Hollen for Maryland Senate
Mark Shriver for MD-8
P.G. Sittenfeld for Ohio Senate

The Biden campaign will fundraise with Sittenfeld via representatives from the campaign and a recorded speech from Biden. To build loyalty to Biden in Ohio, the Biden campaign pledges one million dollars plus a matching check to the funds raised to Sittenfeld's campaign.

Biden's Sittenfeld Support Theme:
New Ideas
Leadership
Legislative activity
True Progressive
Pro-Growth
Local Townsman

Contrast to:
Out-of-touch, big shot governor

Focus on positives
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to: