2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:34:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5  (Read 55918 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: July 11, 2015, 11:46:30 AM »
« edited: August 14, 2015, 11:33:56 AM by tmthforu94 »

Cruz 2016: Reigniting the Promise of America

Good Afternoon! It is good to be here at Liberty University today. May God continue to bless this university.

I believe in the promise of America. I believe in the hope this country provides to so many, the prosperity this country can provide, and the safety she brings to her citizens. We need a President who is ready on day one to protect America and the virtues that we all believe in. We need a president with the experience and commitment to do whatever it takes to keep our nation safe.

I'm Ted Cruz, and I am running for President of the United States of America.

After eight years of failed policy, both at home and abroad, America needs a new direction. We need a president who believes in security through strength, not appeasement. With radical terrorist groups threatening our security at home, we need a president who will take the steps necessary to secure our nation, protect our future, and secure our values.

We need a president who will be a champion for the middle class, working to reduce taxes and regulations and provide an economic environment that encourages entrepreneurship, not diminish it. I'm tired of seeing Washington D.C. kick the can down the road on issues that are so important to many Americans: Medicare and Social Security. We need a president committed to making the reforms to create long-lasting programs that will provide a benefit to those who need it the most.

We need a President who believes that the American people are our country's greatest asset, not the government. A President who will repeal and replace Obamacare, approve the Keystone Pipeline on day one, and bring a sense of leadership back to the White House.

I will be that president.

I look forward to the challenge of healing a nation divided by eight years of partisan politics. I never would have imagined being in this position today - running for President of the United States. But today we face difficult times, difficult times largely due to failed leadership we have seen from President Obama. We need a new kind of leadership in America, a kind driven on producing results, not empty promises and false hope. This election cannot be one where more hope is brought to the American people and no results are achieved. Americans are losing faith in their government - we must restore that faith. I will be a president that produces results and restores faith in government.

As president, I will fight relentlessly each day to make this nation safer, stronger, and more prosperous than ever before. Today launches the beginning of a campaign, and I humbly ask for your vote and support. Thank you, God Bless you all, and God Bless America!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 11:20:15 AM »

Cruz 2016: The Campaign Team
Campaign Manager - Jeff Roe
Roe founded Axiom Strategies in 2005 and has ran dozens of campaigns for members of Congress.
Chief Strategist - Jason Johnson
Johnson served as Chief of Staff for Governor Greg Abbott before helping Cruz cruise to victory in 2012.
Director of Communications - Jason Miller
Miller Helped with communications during Rudy Giuliani's presidential campaign. Also ran South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford's 2006 reelection campaign.
National Spokesperson - Rick Tyler
Tyler worked as Newt Gingrich's press secretary for 123 years and has been a candidate field trainer for ten years. He is originally from New Hampshire.
National Press Secretary  - Catherine Frazier
Frazier served as press secretary for Governor Rick Perry and served as Cruz's press secretary in the Senate.
Dr. Mark Campbell - Director of Policy
Campbell has served as President and CEO of Capmbell Campaigns since 1990. He worked on Rudy Giuliani's 2008 presidential campaign and also worked on Bush-Quayle's '88 campaign.

AP - CRUZ ANNOUNCES IOWA TEAM

Senator Ted Cruz has announced his Iowa team for his presidential bid. Bryan English will serve as state director. In the past, English has worked for the Iowa Family Policy Center and served as an advisor to Congressman Steve King. The Cruz campaign has also listed their Iowa campaign co-chairs, which is listed below:
Marlin and Becky Bontrager, Kalona
State Sen. Jake Chapman, Adel
The Rev. Bradley Cranston, Burlington
Vicki Crawford, Granger
Pastor Mike Demastus, Des Moines
State Sen. Dennis Guth, Klemme
State Rep. Greg Heartsill, Melcher
State Rep. Steve Holt, Denison
James Knox, Cedar Rapids
Joel Kurtinitis, Perry
Kelsey Kurtinitis, Perry
Bill Salier, Nora Springs
Dick Schlitter, Onawa
Dorothy Schlitter, Onawa
State Sen. Jason Schultz, Schleswig
State Rep. Larry Sheets, Moulton
Councilman Mick Snieder, Orange City
Adam Steen, West Des Moines
Chad Steenhoek, Ames
John Wacker, Garner
State Rep. Ralph Watts, Adel
The Rev. Darran Whiting, Marion

Iowa and New Hampshire are obviously the main focus of the campaign right now - they're the two leadoff states. We are incredibly blessed to have such a great team lined up in Iowa and we're looking forward to announcing our New Hampshire team in the next few days. Since our announcement we have received an outpouring of support from across the nation - this is going to be a grassroots campaign.
- Jeff Roe, Campaign Manager
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 09:46:36 PM »

Ted Cruz: Cruzin' in Week One

July 1st:
Meet and Greet - Lancaster, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - Littleton, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - Campton, New Hampshire
Private Meeting with former Congressman Charlie Bass
Private Meeting with GOP Operative Tom Rath
Appearance on The O'Reilly Factor

July 2nd:
Meet and Greet - Tilton, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - Belmont, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - Boscawen, New Hampshire
Town Hall Meeting - Concord, New Hampshire

Ted Cruz, speaking to supporters in Boscawen, New Hampshire

It's good to be with you all this afternoon!

It is imperative, absolutely imperative, that we end the Democrat's reign on the White House. Our future generations cannot afford four more years of these reckless policies. President Obama has already brought more debt to our national debt than every other President in our history...combined. . We're going to turn around our economy first off by attaining energy independence - it's time to open the Keystone Pipeline which will bring jobs to America and decrease our dependency on foreign oil.

We must repeal and replace Obamacare! On the first day of my administration, I will grant a waiver allowing each state the opportunity to opt out of Obamacare if they so choose. This plan is an unnecessary takeover from our federal government that we simply cannot afford to take. Under my administration, we're going to repeal it.

July 3rd
Meeting with Small Business Owners - Pembroke, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - South Hooksett, New Hampshire
Campaign Rally - Manchester, New Hampshire
Meeting with Hillsborough County Republicans - Manchester, New Hampshire
Private Meeting with former Senator Bob Smith
Flies to Washington D.C.

July 4th:
Fundraiser - Washington D.C.
Congressional Work
Private Meeting with Senator Mike Lee
Private Meeting with Senator Tim Scott
Private Meeting with Senator Jim Inhofe
Private Meeting with Congressman Louie Gohmert
Flies to Iowa

July 5th:
Meet and Greet - Des Moines, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Johnston, Iowa
Campaign Rally - Des Moines, Iowa
Private Meeting with Bob Vander Plaats
Appearance on KCCI Channel 8 News - Des Moines, Iowa

Meet and Greet in Des Moines, Iowa

Good afternoon!

It's great to be back in Iowa again! Seven years ago, we elected Barack Obama to the Presidency - many believed in his message for hope and change, and all of us wished him well. Yet here we are, seven years later, and what does his administration have to show for itself? Our unemployment has risen during his administration, our national debt has almost doubled, and Obamacare was rammed down our throats. This is not the hope and change we were promised.

Under my administration, my top legislative priorities will be to repeal and replace Obamacare and to establish common-sense, conservative economic principles to get our economy moving again. As President, I will only appoint Supreme Court justices who believe that life begins at conception and that Roe v. Wade should be overturned!

Iowa, I need your help! Polling shows that Iowa is going to be a tossup with so many great candidates running, including your governor. But with all of our great supporters here in the Hawkeye State, I am very confident that we can be victorious on caucus night! I urge each of you to talk with family and neighbors about this important race and encourage them to caucus - together, we can restore America! Thank you, and God Bless you all!

July 6th
Meet and Greet - Ames, Iowa
Speaking to students at Iowa State University - Ames, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Story City, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Iowa Falls, Iowa
Private Meeting with Congressman Steve King
Private Meeting with Iowa Senator Joni Ernst
Appearance on Anderson Cooper 360

July 7th
Meet and Greet - Ceder Falls, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Waverly, Iowa
Campaign Rally - Waterloo, Iowa
Meeting with Black Hawk County Republicans - Waterloo, Iowa
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 11:26:30 PM »

Cruz' Radio Ad: Principled Conservative

The Cruz campaign has announced the release of the following 30-second radio advertisement, which will run for the next four weeks in the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Iowa, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Virginia

VO: Ted Cruz...a principled conservative. Senator Cruz has lead the fight in Washington to repeal and replace Obamacare. While President Obama and the Democrats have advocated for higher taxes, Cruz has been a vocal opponent. Ted Cruz is pro-life, pro-gun, and pro-family, receiving past endorsements from the National Right to Life and the National Rifle Association.

In 2016, vote for a principled, true conservative. Vote for Senator Ted Cruz.

Cruz: I'm Ted Cruz, and I approve this message.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 05:10:13 PM »

Statement from Ted Cruz
I have had the chance to meet both Carly and Frank Fiorina - both are wonderful individuals. My thoughts are with Frank and his family during this time, and I pray that he has a safe and quick recovery. I know that both still have a lot to contribute to our society.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 05:03:32 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2015, 12:48:00 PM by tmthforu94 »

Cruzin' in Week Two

Ted Cruz Campaign Schedule: July 8th - 14th

July 8th:Accompanied by Bob Vander Plaats
Tour of Hickory Hills Park - La Porte City, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Vinton, Iowa
Meeting with Linn County Republicans - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Appearance on KGAN CBS 2 - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Private Meeting with State Senator Bill Dix
Skype Call with former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin

Ted Cruz Speaking with Republicans in Ceder Rapids, Iowa

Thank you for having me here this evening.

I'm ready to see a Republican in the White House again!

We all know the many weaknesses of the Obama administration, so I'm going to save you all some time tonight and not harp on why he's been a poor leader. We're not going to be able to change that about him. What I am here to talk about, though, is how I'm going to lead this country for the next four years if you give me the opportunity.

As President, I understand the importance of working with both sides, but I also understand the importance of sticking up for your principles. We can't continue to compromise on issues like the debt ceiling, and we can't allow for tax hikes to occur. The way forward is to reduce government spending and CUT taxes, not raise them. President Obama has dug us in a hole deep enough that I know it will take several years to fix this mess. But with smart policies and the right leadership, I know we can do it.

My friends, tonight I'm asking you to give me a chance. I have the experience, the leadership capabilities, and the integrity to move our nation in the right direction. I look forward to continue pitching my case to you all and the rest of Iowa. Thank you, and God Bless!

July 9th:Accompanied by Congressman Steve King
Outing at Jones Park Golf Course - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Private Luncheon with Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz
Joint Speech with Heidi Cruz on Healthy Living at Ceder Rapids Metro YMCA - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Campaign Rally - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Appearance on Glenn Beck

July 10th:Accompanied by Congressman Steve King
Meet and Greet - North Liberty, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Williamsburg, Iowa
Town Hall Meeting - Brooklyn, Iowa
Speaking to students at Grinnell College - Grinnell City, Iowa
Flies to Nevada
Private Meeting with Congressman Mark Amodei

Ted Cruz talking with students and supporters at Grinnell College

Thank you for having me this evening on your beautiful campus!

Eight years, ago, Barack Obama won the Iowa Caucus, then went on to win the General Election here as well largely thanks to a large and enthusiastic turnout from the youth of America. President Obama campaigned as a transformational leader, yet he has rejected transformational solutions as President, such as approving the Keystone Pipeline or allowing individuals to cross state lines to purchase health insurance. Instead of seeing transformational leadership, we've seen incompetent leadership. Many new college graduates are struggling to find work after graduation, and we have a growing debt that's going to be left to your generation to fix.

President Obama and the Democrats tout our lower unemployment, but you and I know that "the struggle is real", particularly for those just getting out of college. More and more are leaving the workforce, and with such a high competition for jobs, employers are passing over fresh college graduates for more seasoned employees. Under Obamaeconomics, many aren't even given a chance!

You deserve better than this. I'm running for the Republican nomination with the hopes of restoring this nation's economy and building a strong middle class. I want to do this by bringing substantial cuts in government spending, repealing Obamacare, and passing tax breaks for families and businesses. With the right policies, we can reduce unemloyment and get this country moving forward.

Eight years ago, the youth of Iowa lead Obama to victory. I am now asking the youth of Iowa to join my campaign, get involved, and together, let's win this caucus for America's future!

July 11th:
Meet and Greet - Summerlin, Nevada
Meet and Greet - Enterprise, Nevada
Private Meeting with Businessman Sheldon Adelson
Strategy Session with Nevada Campaign Team - Las Vegas, Nevada
Private Meeting with Congressman Joe Heck
Private Meeting with Senator Dean Heller
Flies to South Carolina

Look, Nevada should be ours - it will be a great way to boost momentum heading into Colorado and Minnesota. I'm going to plan on making a couple more stops here, but unless polling starts to look bad, we're going to expect victory here. Between the high percentage of Mormons and our strength in Las Vegas and the surrounding area, we should be okay. Plan a stop here in December, and then again right before the caucus. I like our chances. We have Dean campaigning here on my behalf as well, and hopefully we can get some local Republicans to start endorsing us as well. Thanks everyone for your help - God Bless every one of you.

We should not have issues in Nevada - Romney took the state because of his faith, but we have a lot going for us here. Republicans here are conservative with a libertarian streak, which plays into our message. We also have a high hispanic audience and will hopefully get funds from Adelson to bankroll us here. Get a strong ground game going, and we'll win Nevada. The priority is on Iowa and New Hampshire, but if we don't win either, a win here is going to be crucial for us to remain viable.

- Ted Cruz, talking with advisors in Las Vegas, Nevada

July 12th:Accompanied by Senator Tim Scott
Meet and Greet - Columbia, South Carolina
Campaign Rally - Columbia, South Carolina
Meet and Greet - Sumter, South Carolina
Meet and Greet - Manning, South Carolina
Private Meeting with Congressman Joe Wilson

July 13th:Accompanied by Senator Tim Scott
Meet and Greet - Orangeburg, South Carolina
Meet and Greet - North Charleston, South Carolina
Barbecue Fundraiser - Charleston, South Carolina
Private Meeting with Congressman Mark Sanford
Flies to New Hampshire

Ted Cruz talking on FOX News
O'Reilly: Senator Cruz, what do you make of the current state of the race?
Cruz: Our message is ringing true to conservatives across our country. We had a great first week - our polls numbers are up, as is our fundraising. Our crowds are getting bigger and we're starting a real grassroots movement to put a conservative back in the White House. We still have a long way to go, but we are confident. I am excited to continue campaigning and look forward to debating with other candidates in the near future.
O'Reilly: What do you think of the other folks in the race?
Cruz: God has blessed the GOP with a great field of candidates - much more than he has the Democrats. Looking to the General Election, we need a candidate who can galvanize the base while also appealing to minority groups, an area we've been struggling with for decades. I've already worked to make progress, becoming the first hispanic to represent Texas in the United States Senate while also receiving 40% of the Hispanic vote. I can build a coalition that will win.
O'Reilly: Are you suggesting that others can't?
Cruz: Each candidate has their strengths and weaknesses. But there are other candidates who don't exactly have the best track record with minorities. Governor Ehlrich thinks he can be the voice that unites the party, yet he attempted to mislead African-American voters during his 2006 election and his 2010 campaign manager was convicted on four counts of fraud for sending out robocalls that discouraged African-Americans from voting. I don't want to win this election by suppressing the minority voice, as Ehlrich has done. I want to do it by bringing them into the fold and showing ALL Americans that conservative policies work and it is what is right for the country.
O'Reilly: On the attack, and possible on the more liberal side of the issue?
Cruz: This isn't about conservative or liberal, Bill. This is about creating a UNITED States of America. President Obama has divided this nation in so many ways and racial tension is higher than it has been in decades. We don't need another that will divide us - we need a uniter. That's what I will be.

July 14th: Accompanied by Charlie Bass
Opening of new campaign office - Grantham, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - Newport, New Hampshire
Town Hall Meeting - Henniker, New Hampshire
Private Meeting with Former Governor Mitt Romney
It's an honor to talk with you Governor - we have a crowded field, and many in the party will be looking to you for your thoughts on the race. We're not exactly the same Republicans - you've taken a more pragmatic stance, while I've been a conservative firebrand in the Senate. But Governor, look at my record - you and I know that we can't have four more years of a Democratic president, and I can be the one who makes sure that doesn't happen. We need a candidate who can win over minority groups - I can do that...I've done it before. I'm toning down the rhetoric in the campaign - I still believe I am the best options for conservatives in the race, but also want to ensure moderates and even some leaning liberals that I can be pragmatic and reasonable. Your vote of confidence would be a huge step in doing that - with your support, I believe I can rally both moderates and conservatives behind me and unite our party.
- Ted Cruz, speaking to former GOP nominee Mitt Romney at his home in New Hampshire

Facebook Advertisement (Targeting those affiliated with conservative politicians and the Republican Party)Sad
Help reignite the promise for America. Ted Cruz for President.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 12:45:18 PM »

Ted Cruz for President: Endorsements

Senator Mike Lee: Cruz is a fighter
I have had the honor of serving with Ted in the US Senate. When it comes to fighting for conservative principles, no one does it better than Ted Cruz. We need a President who stands up for the conservative ideals that Reagan championed in the 1980's. Ted Cruz has been doing that his whole life and will continue to do that as the 45th President of the United States. I am proud to endorse him for President and look forward to appearing on the campaign trail for him.
- Senator Mike Lee at a press conference in Salt Lake City, Utah

Senator Tim Scott: Cruz is my guy
When the race started out, I intended on holding out for a while before making an endorsement - South Carolina plays a crucial role in determining who our nominee is, and I don't want to get it wrong. With that being said, there is a candidate in this race who I have had the pleasure of working with in Senate and who was able to convince me last week in a meeting that he is the right man for the job. That candidate is Ted Cruz, and I am proud to endorse him for the Republican nomination. Ted Cruz is a fighter. He is someone who will get the job done and will never stop fighting for conservative principles. I know he is the candidate that is best for South Carolina and the United States.
- Senator Tim Scott, speaking at a rally in South Carolina with Ted Cruz

King and Vander Plaats: Cruz is the candidate for social conservatives
Looking at this field, one candidate sticks out among the rest, and that candidate is Ted Cruz. We have a lot of respect for Governor Branstad, but when it comes to conservative issues, he simply doesn't have the credentials that Senator Cruz has. We want a President who has been a consistent leader on conservative issues, particularly when it comes to defending religious liberty and the right to life. Senator Cruz has been that voice in Washington D.C. since he got there, and I know he will always be an advocate for the unborn if he becomes President.

Iowa has a history of caucusing for social conservatives - we hope it will do the same in 2016. We look forward to helping Ted Cruz win the Iowa caucus, the Republican nomination, and ultimately the Presidency.

- Congressman Steve King and activist Bob Vander Plaats, releasing a joint statement
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 01:14:14 PM »

We are excited to introduce our first television ad - we chose to go straightforward, because that is how Ted Cruz has always been. None of the video theatrics - those may come later, but not provides us the opportunity for Ted to directly talk with the American people. A chance to introduce himself and what he brings to the table. We're excited to air this advertisement in the states shown below, and we look forward to watching our momentum grow in the coming weeks. This advertisement will run for several cycles.
- Rick Tyler, National Spokesperson

Ted Cruz Television Advertisement: Get the Job Done

Ted Cruz:The reason I am running for President is because there are so many Americans out there who are still struggling. Our workforce has shrunk during the Obama administration and many who are working live paycheck to paycheck. Republicans and Democrats both love America, but it's time for real leadership in the White House. We need a President who is ready to go in there and get the job done. I'm Ted Cruz, and I will be that President.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 06:41:18 PM »

Ted Cruz Press Conference
Cruz: Thank you. As you all know, it has been a pretty tumultuous week on the campaign trail, especially with multiple candidates dropping out. First, I want to extend my gratitude to Mr. Donald Trump and former Vice President Dan Qualye on their endorsements. Both are honorable men who have done many great things for our country, and I am grateful to now have them on our side.

A big story this week has been Governor Bush's decision to withdraw from the primary and endorse Bill Gates, a billionaire liberal who is a real contender to buy the Democratic nomination. It comes as no surprise to many within the GOP, as Governor Bush has long been more of an ally to Democrats than he has Republicans, especially when it comes to issues such as education and immigration.

We are confident at how things are looking now, and I look forward to continuing strong with the campaign. I will now take a couple questions.
Reporter: With so many exits this week, how do you expect it to shake up the field and where do you think you stand?
Cruz:Well, the last national poll I saw had us ahead, and I don't expect that to be any different.  I think conservatives around the country are uniting behind our campaign as they see that some of the alternatives in this race don't match my conservative credentials.
Reporter: How do you feel about your chances in Iowa and New Hampshire, the first two states?
Cruz: I had a wonderful talk earlier today with folks from the National Right to Life, and we discussed the importance of having our next president be 100% pro-life. The person leading in New Hampshire now, Governor Ehrlich, has some momentum, maybe even more than I, but once Republican voters start seeing where he stands on certain issues, particularly his voter suppression techniques and pro-choice record, I think they'll turn back to real conservatives in the race. We're also in a tight race with Governor Branstad in Iowa, and while I respect much of his economic record, his refusal to defund Planned Parenthood, despite promising to do so on the campaign trail, indicates to me that he's just another politician who puts politics over people.

I'm excited to continue forward with this campaign - thank you for your questions!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 07:59:01 PM »

Statement from Ted Cruz for President
There are over a million abortions every year in the United States. Planned Parenthood is responsible for over 300,000 of them. Governor Branstad can stand up talking about his budget and his Legislature all he wants, but those excuses fall on deaf ears for the millions of faithful Americans who support the rights of the unborn. Governor Branstad has done a lot in the statehouse, but defending Planned Parenthood just didn't seem to make the list of priorities. His lack of commitment to this important issue is why The Family Leader chose to endorse Senator Cruz over Governor Branstad*.
- Rick Tyler, National Spokesperson

*The Family Leader is operated by Bob Vander Plaats, so it is assumed that Cruz won the endorsement of TFL
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 09:45:04 PM »

Cruz for President

Iowa Update

In the past week, Senator Cruz has focused on ramping up efforts in the state of Iowa, selecting county chairs in each of Iowa's 99 counties and directing them to locate precinct captains. The Cruz campaign understands that Iowa will be won on the ground, and leading up to the Iowa caucus, Cruz plans to visit all 99 counties.

We face a challenge, as many in the state are loyal to Governor Branstad. We respect him, we like him...as our Governor. Ted Cruz has the leadership and conservative credentials we need in our nominee, and I think he is someone who can excite the base while also winning over minority groups. We're going to take that message across the state, and we full believe we will win here.
- Bryan English, Iowa State Director

State Senator Dennis Guth, Hancock County Chair, also held a press conference to discuss his position with the campaign.
Reporter: Why have you decided to go with Senator Cruz?
Guth: He's conservative, he's smart, and he can win.
Reporter: Buddy Roemer recently suggested that Senator Cruz's plan to defeat ISIS is "not smart." What do you make his plan?
Guth: Who? Whoever he is doesn't understand the critical need to fight ISIS. I stand behind Senator Cruz.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 09:02:39 PM »

Excited for Round 3 to begin!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 10:43:06 PM »

Ted Cruz for President: July - December Summary

With the recent withdrawals, one thing was clear to the Cruz campaign: they had an opening. Looking at the rest of the field, no one quite matched Cruz in terms of charisma and being able to fire up the conservative base. It also didn't hurt that Cruz was the only non-white candidate in the race. While Ehrlich was close nationally, Cruz remained unworried, confident that Ehrlich's pro-choice views would inevitably sink his campaign. Branstad would be a challenge in Iowa, and Walker, while less charismatic, appeals to the same voters. Nevertheless, Ted Cruz was a man on a mission - with the right mixture of social conservative campaigning while also providing assurance to the establishment that he could win in the general, Cruz had a plan and was ready to go.

The remainder of July was spend working to consolidate the conservatives - Cruz began his bus tour, starting in Iowa and touring through the south, ending up in Floriday on July 29th. Many of those stops included opening new offices - Cruz intended on opening a campaign office in every state that voted in February and March 2016 by the beginning of fall. Cruz's message was simple - despite a couple popular southern governors running, he was the most conservative candidate in the race, and he would win.

August looked like much of the same in terms of message: Cruz was the conservative. He held various religious freedom rallies in conservative bastions of the country, drawing huge crowds along the way. While on those trips he would speak with religious leaders and conservative shakers - getting "high profile" endorsements was important, but even more so was getting the support of grassroots activists.

September rolled around and Cruz knew it was time to get serious - keep it close in New Hampshire so Ehrlich and Kaisch don't run away with it, but win Iowa. During the month of September Cruz visited all of the major cities in Iowa - some twice. His campaign benefited with the support of state conservative leaders Bob Vander Plaats and Steve King stumping for him. While he personally held Branstad in high regard, he knew he would have to highlight the differences if he was to win. Cruz's campaign made the argument that he was more electable than Branstad, had a better chance of winning the nomination, and would be better suited to hold the conservative mantle. Cruz's spin operatives would be quick to point out that Branstad hasn't been a vocal leader for conservative issues nationally - Cruz has.

By the end of October, Cruz had visited every state in Iowa - the grassroots efforts were in place, now it was time to start providing the specifics that voters wanted. Cruz outlined his budget plan, which included across the board tax cut while also limiting government spending. Cruz promised to eliminate loopholes and unfair tax breaks, ensuring that every American pays their fair share. Cruz also outlined his plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, which included health savings accounts and allowing access across state lines, similar to the Romney plan introduced in 2012. Cruz didn't want to go too extreme - he wanted to show voters that while his campaign has been largely focused on social issues, he can also have an economic policy that is reasonable and can be implemented.

With policies in place, November included a time of getting back to the basics. Cruz began frequent visits in the leadoff states, working with surrogates to lock down South Carolina while also providing his libertarian charm in Nevada and New Hampshire. By the end of the month, Cruz would have a campaign office in every county in Nevada and New Hampshire, as well as numerous ones in Iowa and South Carolina. With the campaign heating up, Cruz would take every opportunity he could get to talk on FOX News in an effort to keep the conservative base fired up behind him. He also started running negative ads in Iowa and South Carolina - Iowa targeting Branstad's failed promise to defund Planned Parenthood and Haslam's mixed record on guns, New Hampshire was attacking Ehrlich for being pro-choice, running clips over and over of his comment that it was a "tough issue." Cruz would respond by saying that to him, defending innocent life is not a "tough decision" and he will only nominate pro-life judges to the Supreme Court.

December was much like November - Cruz had consistently said he was the most conservative, now it came down to comparing his record to the other primary contenders, which proved that he was. Cruz split his time in half between Super Tuesday states and leadoff states - Iowa was less of a focus as he knew most of January would be spent there. Rather, it was continued infrastructure building to ensure that his campaign would be prepared for the long haul, though they hoped to have the race wrapped up much sooner.

Ted Cruz knew he was the most conservative in the race. He also knew he could win, both the primary and the general. Now it is just a matter of hard work and grit - Cruz was determined to be the 45th President of the United States.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 12:07:46 AM »

Ted Cruz Press Conference
Senator, what are your thoughts on the departure of Governor Branstad from the race?
I was devastated when I learned that Terry had cancer - I have known him for years and have always respected him and his family. Our God can work miracles, and my family will continue to keep Terry and his family in our prayers that he may be healed. As a result of this news, our campaign is donating all money raised during the month of December to the American Cancer Society - it is my prayer that one day we find a cure to this terrible disease.

Roemer is on the campaign trail attacking you, what do you make of it?
I'm the frontrunner, it is to be expected. I was disheartened to see that he is putting words in my mouth - I never called him irrelevant. Governor Roemer is a smart man that I disagree with on several political issues - I am disappointed that he is sinking to this level.

How does your campaign proceed forward with a month until Iowa?
I am in this race to win. I believe that we can create a stronger and safer America, and it would be an honor to be the Republican nominee in this election. I'm going to continue spreading my message to all corners of this state and the country - we can win here, we can win in New Hampshire, and we can win next November.

No more questions for now, I always enjoy the opportunity to talk to the press. Thank you and God Bless!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2015, 12:00:59 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2015, 01:46:09 PM by tmthforu94 »

Ted Cruz Campaign Schedule: January 3rd - 9th

January 3rd:Accompanied by Congressman Steve King
Ted Cruz will spent the first day touring the northwest, conservative parts of the state. This is where his campaign has assessed to be his strongest area in Iowa. Cruz kept a positive message these, days, touting his conservative credentials.
Meet and Greet - Doon, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Sioux Center, Iowa
Town Hall Meeting - Orange City, Iowa
Appearance on KLEM 1410 - Le Mars, Iowa
Private Meeting with Senator Joni Ernst

Ted Cruz Speaking with Republicans in Orange City, Iowa

I have a proven record of conservatism and I can win. In 2012, Mitt Romney was considered the most electable Republican, and I ran nearly even with him in my run for Senate. Ultimately, we need leadership in Washington D.C. that is willing to buck the norm and shake things up - I did that in Texas by taking on the establishment, and I will happily do it again as President.

You see, our founding fathers didn't intend for politics to be a career option - I know they would be disappointed to see the political class we have in our country, the "good ole' boys" network. I will be the President who closes the loopholes, make the necessary cuts to get us on track to a balanced budget, and unbashfully stands for religious freedom and the right to life.

January 4th:Accompanied by Secretary of State Matt Schultz
Ted Cruz will be spending the day in the central, more populous part of the state. Today his focus will be on comparing his record to Governor Ehrlich's, who, with the departure of Branstad, Cruz sees as his biggest threat in Iowa. He will also spend the evening trying to secure endorsements from influential Iowans.
Roundtable with College Republicans at Iowa State University - Ames, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Ankeny, Iowa
Private Dinner with Governor Terry Branstad and Lt. Governor Kim Reynolds - Des Moines, Iowa
Private Meeting with Senator Chuck Grassley - Des Moines, Iowa

January 5th:Accompanied by Secretary of State Matt Schultz
Cruz will spend the day in eastern Iowa - his message of conservatism won't resonate as well here, so Cruz will primarily spend the day on the attack of Ehrlich, arguing the importance of not electing a pro-choice President.
Town Hall Meeting - Iowa City, Iowa
Town Hall Meeting - Mt Vernon, Iowa
Campaign Rally - Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Appearance on Hannity
Phone Call with former Congresswoman Jean Schmidt

Ted Cruz speaking in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Thank you for having me here today!

The right to life - it is a belief deep in the hearts of many Republican voters, here and Iowa and abroad. When looking at candidates, one of the most critical things for me to look at is whether or not the candidate places value on this. While most of the candidates in this race share our value, not all do. Governor Ehrlich has repeatedly argued an anti-abortion position, and Governor Roemer, in addition to falsely putting words in my mouth, vetoed three pieces of legislation as governor that would have placed heavier restrictions on abortion. Perhaps that is part of the reason he placed so poorly when he tried to run for governor again a few years later!

You all know the importance - with multiple Supreme Court appointments likely to be made by our next president, it is crucial that we have a president who is pro-life. I will only appoint pro-life judges - the same can not be said of Governor Ehrlich.

January 6th:
Senator Cruz will finish his tour of the state by visiting the southern parts, emphasizing the importance of cutting federal spending and also on keeping agriculture subsidies.
Meet and Greet - Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Ottuma, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Moravia, Iowa
Town Hall Meeting with Governor Terry Branstad- Iowa City, Iowa
Private Meeting with current Secretary of State Paul Pate - Bloomfield, Iowa
Flies to South Carolina
Phone Call with former Congresswoman Michele Bachmann

January 7th:Accompanied by Senator Tim Scott
Senator Cruz will spend three days in South Carolina touting his conservative record while contrasting it to his opponents, particularly Governor Haslam and Governor Ehrlich.
Meet and Greet - Columbia, South Carolina
Campaign Rally - Columbia, South Carolina
Meet and Greet - Sumter, South Carolina
Meet and Greet - Manning, South Carolina
Appearance on On The Record
Phone Call with Governor Susana Martinez

January 8th:Accompanied by Senator Tim Scott
Meet and Greet - Orangeburg, South Carolina
Meet and Greet - North Charleston, South Carolina
Barbecue Fundraiser - Charleston, South Carolina
Phone Call with Ann Coulter

Ted Cruz talking on FOX News
O'Reilly: Senator Cruz, thank you for being here again.
Cruz: Thanks Bill, it is a pleasure being with you again.
O'Reilly: You've been hit by several of your opponents for being too conservative. How do you respond to that?
Cruz: It comes as no surprise, because compared to them, I am pretty conservative. Governor Ehrlich has a swarm of ethics issues and has a pro-choice record, Kasich expanded Medicaid in his state, and Haslam has been involved with groups that want to limit the 2nd amendment. I am the only proven conservative candidate in the race - Republicans are tired of wishy-washy moderates who haven't been able to seal the deal in the general election. I am the only candidate in this race who can rally the base, which is required if we want to win in November.
O'Reilly: Are you suggesting that others can't?
Cruz: Look, any candidate on our side would do a better job than President Obama or any of the Democrats. But do I think I have a better chance of winning? Of course.

January 9th: Accompanied by Senator Tim Scott
Opening of new campaign office - Florence, South Carolina
Town Hall Meeting - Mullins, South Carolina
Campaign Rally - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Phone Call with former Congressman Allen West
Phone Call with radio host Glenn Beck

There is a problem in Washington - it is bigger than Obamacare, bigger than our budget. The frustration is that men and women in D.C. aren't listening. I'm here to listen - I will be YOUR President. Not the Republican Party's. Not the special interests. Your voice in D.C.
- Ted Cruz

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2015, 12:08:20 PM »

Radio Advertisement: Unethical, Pro-Choice
Keep the Promise PAC has released the following radio advertisement, which will air nationwide for the next two weeks.
VO: Bob Ehrlich...when running for governor in 2006, he attempted to deceive African-American voters in his reelection bid, portraying himself as the candidate endorsed by Democrats. 4 years later, his campaign attempted to suppress African-American turnout by discouraging them from voting.
Ehrlich VO: "I support women's rights to abortion."
VO: Bob Ehrlich - wrong for the Republican party. Wrong for America. Keep the Promise political action committee is responsible for the content of this advertisement.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 01:51:45 PM »

Statement from the Cruz Campaign

Senator Ted Cruz would be honored to appear at a town hall event with Governor Branstad on January 6th. As for Governor Ehrlich's pledge, Senator Cruz has said on countless occasions that any of the Republicans running would be better than President Obama or any of the Democrats running, and he maintains that position. In terms of running in a third party, Senator Cruz signed a petition over the summer that he would not run third party, as required to appear on the ballot in several states. Senator Cruz is confident that Republicans will nominate a candidate who is a proven conservative on important issues such as the right to life and protecting the second amendment.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 02:10:24 PM »

For some reason I don't think publicly outing them for considering to endorse Biden will help.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2015, 10:37:00 AM »

Ok, now I'm requiring the endorsement of Iowa Secretary of State Paul Pate.
What makes you entitled to it?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2015, 07:58:42 PM »

Will next round start tonight?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2015, 11:35:48 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2015, 11:38:05 AM by tmthforu94 »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2015, 12:10:52 PM »

^ Has Trump endorsed you?
If not, I don't think you can tweet as Trump.
I'm aware of the rules - yes he has.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 07:01:55 PM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2015, 02:00:36 PM »

Ted Cruz Campaign Schedule: January 10th - 16th

January 10th :Accompanied by Donald Trump and Ann Coulter
Meet and Greet - Hookset, New Hampshire
Town Hall Meeting - Bedord, New Hampshire
Town Hall Meeting - Manchester, New Hampshire
Appearance on WMUR 9 Manchester TV

Ted Cruz Speaking with Republicans in Manchester, New Hampshire

When it comes to Bob Ehrlich and I, the differences couldn't be more clear. It continues to amaze me how politicians, including our 2012 nominee, are lining up behind a candidate who has a record of suppressing the minority vote to win elections. He was willing to mislead African-American voters in two separate elections in order to try and win - he claims he is the most electable candidate in the race, but does suppressing minority votes to win sound "electable" to you?

Governor Ehrlich, simply put, is wrong for New Hampshire and wrong for America.

January 11th:Accompanied by Donald Trump
Roundtable with College Republicans at New Hampshire University - Durham, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - Rochester, New Hampshire
Campaign Rally - Concord, New Hampshire
Flies to North Carolina

January 12th:Accompanied by Ann Coulter
Meet and Greet - Silver Lake, North Carolina
Campaign Rally - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Fundraiser - Charleston, South Carolina
Appearance on Hannity

January 13th: Accompanied by Tim Scott
Meet and Greet - Aiken, South Carolina
Meet and Greet - Augusta, Georgia
Campaign Rally - Alpharetta, Georgia
Town Hall Meeting - Marietta, Georgia
Interview with the Atlanta Journal Constitution

Bill Haslam thinks he has the south on lockdown, but boy is he wrong! Because one thing the south values is their right to bare arms, and Haslam hasn't been a strong defender of that right in recent years! We are running a grassroots campaign across the nation - a campaign that is fed up with the status quo and is ready to bring real change to Washington D.C.
- Ted Cruz

January 14th:
Campaign Rally - Birmingham, Alabama
Meet and Greet - Montgomery Alabama
Town Hall Meeting - Mobile, Alabama
Fundraiser - Pensacola, Florida

January 15th:Accompanied by Bob Vander Plaats
Meet and Greet - Dubuque, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Cedar Falls, Iowa
Hog Roast with Black Hawk County Republicans - Waterloo, Iowa

January 16th: Accompanied by Bob Vander Plaats and Steve King
Town Hall Meeting - Marshalltown, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Ankenny, Iowa

Now, more than ever, it is important that we have a CONSERVATIVE in the White House! Ted Cruz is a principled, proven conservative - the only one in this race. It's time to stand up for our conservative values and make Ted Cruz the next President of the United States!
- Steve King
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2015, 02:59:10 PM »

(OOC: Endorsement values shouldn't be given at too high of value considering I don't think there is much thought in how they are give, as it makes no sense for Haslam to be endorsed over some of the other candidates on the issue of second amendment)

Statement from Senator Cruz:
http://tennesseefirearms.com/2015/03/governor-haslam-flip-flops-on-2nd-amendment-right-to-constitutional-carry/
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies