Constitutional Amendment to Right to Bear Arms
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:24:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Constitutional Amendment to Right to Bear Arms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Constitutional Amendment to Right to Bear Arms  (Read 6252 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2005, 11:58:32 PM »

NAY for the record, sorry I didnt see the amendment was on a vote.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2005, 02:44:19 AM »

With eight votes in favor to one against, this amendment has passed.

So, uh, who sets up the regional votes?  Is that me, or the governors of those regions, or what?
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2005, 05:47:22 AM »

So, uh, who sets up the regional votes?  Is that me, or the governors of those regions, or what?

Article VII, Section 1:

The Senate, whenever two-thirds of its number shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of this Constitution when ratified by a majority of the People voting in public polls in three-quarters of the Regions. Such votes shall last for exactly one week and shall be administered by the Governor of the Region or other officer as the Law of the Region may provide. Citizens will cast their vote by public post.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2005, 03:24:36 PM »

Unless anybody particularly objects, I plan to post one voting thread for this amendment and the federal marriage amendment too, provided the latter passes.  No use in separate threads cluttering the board.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2005, 04:22:36 PM »

Article VII, Section 1:

The Senate, whenever two-thirds of its number shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of this Constitution when ratified by a majority of the People voting in public polls in three-quarters of the Regions. Such votes shall last for exactly one week and shall be administered by the Governor of the Region or other officer as the Law of the Region may provide. Citizens will cast their vote by public post.

Oh yes, I don't know how I missed that.

Thanks.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2005, 05:14:41 PM »

Nay.  I stayed out of this debate, because I knew it was going to pass regardless of what I did to stop it.  MAS is right, why does anyone, for any reason, need a low potency explosive?  This is maddness.
Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2005, 08:08:06 PM »

Unless anybody particularly objects, I plan to post one voting thread for this amendment and the federal marriage amendment too, provided the latter passes.  No use in separate threads cluttering the board.

That's a good idea, I think I'll do that too.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2005, 09:40:30 PM »

That's a good idea, I think I'll do that too.

As the one who sort of spearheaded this amendment through, I am quite fine with this decision on votes that yall have made; though by the looks of it, my bet would be that the other Amendment does not have sufficient Senate support to pass.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2005, 06:21:04 AM »

Regardless of when the Regions poll on this issue, this leaves an open slot on the floor of the Senate to be filled, and even though the ultimate conclusion of what happens with this is not known, I suggest we move on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies