Trump's most winnable state?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:32:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump's most winnable state?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Which of the early states is Trump most likely to win
Iowa

New Hampshire

Nevada

South Carolina

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Trump's most winnable state?  (Read 2082 times)
Progressive
jro660

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2015, 05:36:17 PM »

Not will he win, but which is he most likely to be able to win. Can he win any?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 05:38:03 PM »

Nevada comes to mind for some reason. Maybe because I picture it as a state full of Wayne Allan Root types.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 07:16:09 PM »

According to this map, one real estate firm knows the average IQ by state: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/06/11/whats-your-states-average-iq-new-map-purports-to-have-the-answer/

Nevada: 96.5
Iowa: 103.2
New Hampshire: 104.2
South Carolina: 98.4

Given that Nevada has the population with the lowest IQ of these four, I'd say Nevada.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 07:32:57 PM »

Either New Hampshire or Nevada.
JonathanSwift
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 07:36:36 PM »

According to this map, one real estate firm knows the average IQ by state: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/06/11/whats-your-states-average-iq-new-map-purports-to-have-the-answer/

Given that Nevada has the population with the lowest IQ of these four, I'd say Nevada.

Yeah, but Nevada has a low average IQ due to the presence of large numbers of Mexicans, who are all supposed to be enthusiastic Bush supporters.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 07:52:22 PM »

Seriously? You think IQ determines how people vote? That is insulting and irrelevant.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 07:59:47 PM »

South Carolina (because Trump's racism will play very well there) and New Hampshire (Romney's 2012 win there was a reflection of just how bad the GOP field was...see Bush 2000, the entire 2008 field, Obama 2008, and the 1992 Democratic field as proof how New Hampshire cannot confirm the results Iowa lays down)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 08:04:50 PM »

None. He won't make it past November. I won't budge on the fact that Donald Trump is Flavor of the Month material.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2015, 08:29:53 PM »

Seriously? You think IQ determines how people vote? That is insulting and irrelevant.

No, of course not! I have my choice for President, but I respect others who disagree. However, Donald Trump is pretty darn stupid.

Yeah, but Nevada has a low average IQ due to the presence of large numbers of Mexicans, who are all supposed to be enthusiastic Bush supporters.

I think your racist comments don't represent the values this country was founded on, and certainly it doesn't represent a majority of Republicans.
JonathanSwift
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 09:15:11 PM »

I think your racist comments don't represent the values this country was founded on, and certainly it doesn't represent a majority of Republicans.

You're the one who brought up average IQ scores. It's an acknowledged statistical phenomenon that Hispanic Americans perform somewhat worse on average on these tests than non-Hispanic white Americans, although the reasons for this are controversial. Hell, don't take my word for it; just consult your candidate's favorite author, Charles Murray.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2015, 09:43:33 PM »

Probably Florida
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2015, 09:21:40 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2015, 09:25:27 AM by shua »

You're the one who brought up average IQ scores. It's an acknowledged statistical phenomenon that Hispanic Americans perform somewhat worse on average on these tests than non-Hispanic white Americans, although the reasons for this are controversial. Hell, don't take my word for it; just consult your candidate's favorite author, Charles Murray.

Yes, first generation immigrants from poorer countries often have lower IQ test scores (when the immigrants from these countries are not selected for entry for their educational aspirations or abilities), and then in the next couple generations tend to catch up, depending on educational opportunities, socioeconomic conditions and cultural practices.   

In any case, the approximation used by this map is just based on tweets in a way that among other problems, one would expect is heavily biased against people with English as a second language:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
mds32
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2015, 10:12:08 AM »

Nevada probably. Just what he is doing with Immigration. I would actually argue that the most winnable state would be Arizona.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2015, 10:39:14 AM »

[

Why do you talk like a politician? You're not on the campaign trail ffs
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 11:38:57 AM »

[

Instead of criticizing how I write, why don't you simply either agree that the referenced comments were disgraceful, or defend the comments and be exposed as a bigot? 
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 11:44:39 AM »

[

Instead of criticizing how I write, why don't you simply either agree that the referenced comments were disgraceful, or defend the comments and be exposed as a bigot? 

So infamous right-wing extremist Blair2015 is a bigot because he asked you why you're making a stump speech on a forum.

Okay then.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2015, 11:48:45 AM »

New Hampshire
South Carolina
Iowa
Nevada
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2015, 12:05:49 PM »

[

So infamous right-wing extremist Blair2015 is a bigot because he asked you why you're making a stump speech on a forum.

Okay then.

I'm not making a stump speech here, I'm making a point. Obviously he doesn't understand the difference.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2015, 12:28:29 PM »

[

Okay then.

I'm not making a stump speech here, I'm making a point. Obviously he doesn't understand the difference.

No you're sounding like Jeb Bush's Twitter feed
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2015, 12:30:16 PM »

ITT Mexicans aren't very smart
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2015, 12:36:15 PM »

[

Okay then.

No - to put it bluntly, you're being a dick to Blair.
JonathanSwift
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2015, 12:41:59 PM »

Okay, fine, everyone: I'm sorry. I understand that the Latino community, like other subsets of the great American family, is comprised of persons with a great diversity of views and tastes, and that they therefore support a wide variety of candidates. I therefore apologize for my tasteless and hurtful assertion that all Mexican-Americans would support Jeb Bush. It was meant as a joke, but did not come across that way to all. From one descendant of immigrants to another: Perdóname. No sé en qué estaba pensando. Te juro que no lo volveré a hacer.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2015, 12:48:15 PM »

[

Okay then.

No you're sounding like Jeb Bush's Twitter feed

[

Okay then.

No - to put it bluntly, you're being a dick to Blair.

Typical left-wing dribble; neither of you can argue the issues, so you attack the person's character.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2015, 12:52:57 PM »

Typical left-wing dribble; neither of you can argue the issues, so you attack the person's character.

>accuses someone of not being smart
>misspells drivel

Thanks for proving my point, by the way. So much for taking your username to heart.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2015, 12:57:07 PM »

why don't you simply either agree that the referenced comments were disgraceful, or defend the comments and be exposed as a bigot? 

Lol yeah, damn leftist bigoted scum
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies