Favorite University Series: Western Carolina edition
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:49:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Favorite University Series: Western Carolina edition
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Favorite Western Carolina school
Appalachian State University Mountaineers - Boone, North Carolina

Western Carolina University Catamounts - Cullowhee, North Carolina

Davidson College Wildcats - Davidson, North Carolina

Gardner–Webb University Runnin' Bulldogs - Boiling Springs, North Carolina

University of North Carolina at Asheville   Bulldogs - Asheville, North Carolina

University of North Carolina at Charlotte 49ers - Charlotte, North Carolina

Wake Forest University Demon Deacons - Winston-Salem, North Carolina

High Point University Panthers - High Point, North Carolina

University of North Carolina at Greensboro Spartans - Greensboro, North Carolina

North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University Aggies - Greensboro, North Carolina

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 16

Author Topic: Favorite University Series: Western Carolina edition  (Read 2354 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2015, 11:11:33 AM »

Texas and Yale had big wins garnering over 50%. Now this is the last boring match-up as far as I'm concerned, but let's see is App State (i.e. Michigan haters), Davidson (i.e. Steph Curry lovers), or Charlotte (i.e. generic underdog fans) can put up a fight.

[1] Wake Forest  - not only do I legitimately love the school, but they are probably the second best team for mascot video games
--
[2] Western Carolina
[3] Gardner-Webb
[4] Appalachian State
[5] UNC-Asheville
[6] Charlotte
[7] High Point
[8] Greensboro
[9] NCAT
--
[10] Davidson

Past polls: AL; FL; IL; NorCal; MD; KY; CO; Upper New England; American Southwest;  Backyard Brawl;
Middle America;  North Texas;  MI; LA; NYC; UT/NV; GA; Pacific Northwest; WI/MN; Eastern Mass; IN; NJ/DE; Western Upstate NY ; AR/MS; East Carolina; Great West; Tennessee; Eastern Pennsylvania; Eastern Upstate New York; South Carolina; Western Massachusetts; Ohio; Virginia;
Connecticut/Rhode Island; South Texas

Western Carolina
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 04:08:12 PM »

Wake Forest
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 08:50:22 PM »

Out of the schools you listed here's how I view them:

-App State's awesome. Nice people and beautiful landscapes plus their fball team is good. They are the only big school to try their hardest to recruit me to go there. Tuiton's okay but their room and board's high. I didn't go there because it's about an hr away from where I live up the mountains plus in winter time it absolitley sucks to travel. If they offered more online courses they would be my first pick.

-Wake's awesome. They have many downsides though.  Their tuition is ridiculously high and their admission standards are overboard. You have to be a spoiled brat, spaz, or community servant to get in there. Plus like Duke they do not accept community college courses. So if yoru poor and go to a community college and get an associate's degree your degree counts but your course total doesn't and you have to go a full load.

-You left Winston Salem state off.  They are a pretty good school, a whole lot cheaper than Wake. It's a historically minority school though but they have been getting a lot of white baseball and football players recently. I may go there if Arizona State online doesn't work out. NC A&T is a sister of Winston Salem State but more populated and farther but has a good sucess rate.

-Western Carolina's awesome and I feel spiritually welcome there but they are 2.5 hrs away from me in the wilderness of the NC Mountains. I couldn't handle the distance or ruralness of it I don't think but it looks like an awesome place. Several good friends of mine go there and like it.

-UNC-Asheville's the forgotten UNC western school. Not much I know about it. UNC-Charolette's okay but I just don't get a good vibe from there. They are higher than other UNC schools money wise. Plus a friend went there and she's not the best person anymore. UNC-Greensboro's the same money wise but they feel like a better school. They were my first choice originally but their tuition is high and I can't afford it.  Plus they force you to get health insurance.

-High Point's a fine school but they are high tuition wise in the $20,000 range. Had a friend go there and hated it.  Don't know much about Davidson or G Webb. G Webb looks the better of the two. G Webb does offer degrees at my c college but it's nothing I want to do.

I'd go for Wake if they weren't trying to be Harvard or Duke Jr with their tuition/admission polices. That just gives off a vibe I don't like.  In my heart I'd pick Western but in my head App's my choice so it can win it out. But I doubt it.

Wake will prob win due to people liking their sports teams. If only they knew the true Wake Forrest...

App State for me.

Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 03:20:26 PM »

Wake
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 11:51:03 PM »

Appalachian State University
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 12:57:57 PM »

A niece of mine is an ASU alumna, so obvious choice is obvious.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies