Next Greek legislative election (in light of recent events)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:51:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Next Greek legislative election (in light of recent events)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for?
SYRIZA

ND

XA

To Potami

KKE

ANEL

PASOK

KIDISO

EK

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Next Greek legislative election (in light of recent events)  (Read 1690 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 12, 2015, 05:06:42 PM »

KKE
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 05:09:52 PM »

I doubt very much that those will be parties in play whenever the next election is (unless it is, like, in the next two months).
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 05:17:52 PM »

I doubt very much that those will be parties in play whenever the next election is (unless it is, like, in the next two months).

Yeah, SYRIZA is probably going to fall apart any day now
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 05:19:13 PM »

I thought you'd go for ANTARSYA.

Anyway still Syriza, who have been pretty dreadful and incompetent but I might as well protest ineffectually. ND and Pasok are client-driven machine ideology-free piles; Potami is a dull media born celebration of vapidity; GD is literally Hitler, ANEL are metaphorically Hitler, KIDISO is a one-man band of a political failure, Union of Centrists are a silly vanity act and KKE are a cult.

Perhaps I would throw a vote at an Animal Rights Party or some minor ecological grouping if Syriza does something silly, but might as well throw in a bit of solidarity if they still exist.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 05:23:13 PM »

ND
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 05:31:46 PM »

I thought you'd go for ANTARSYA.

Anyway still Syriza, who have been pretty dreadful and incompetent but I might as well protest ineffectually. ND and Pasok are client-driven machine ideology-free piles; Potami is a dull media born celebration of vapidity; GD is literally Hitler, ANEL are metaphorically Hitler, KIDISO is a one-man band of a political failure, Union of Centrists are a silly vanity act and KKE are a cult.

Perhaps I would throw a vote at an Animal Rights Party or some minor ecological grouping if Syriza does something silly, but might as well throw in a bit of solidarity if they still exist.

ANTARSYA is more or less SYRIZA but with more street cred, imo. I don't have any illusions in the KKE program (which I think is nationalistic, simplistic, and frankly kind of dull), but they are the only party putting forward a 'class against class' line in Greece right now and as such, I think they deserve at least some critical support from the Marxist left, especially against proven reformists SYRIZA and PASOK. But in the end it doesn't really matter, because I don't think the fate of Greece will be matted out in the bourgeois parliamentary circus, but rather on the ground. IMO the most important thing at the moment for the Greek Left is to forge a Bolshevik-Leninist vanguard party that will overthrow Greek capitalism rather than attempt to manage it. If that is going to happen anywhere at the present time, it's going to be in Greece, so I'm optimistic, but that party won't be the KKE, SYRIZA, ANTARSYA, etc. It'll likely be a new development that comes out of this collapse, and, if a party of that caliber does not arise, the end result will be fascism or military dictatorship.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 05:34:49 PM »

ND.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 05:55:22 PM »

Other: ANTARSYA
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 06:47:12 PM »

Syriza still is probably the least terrible option.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 06:50:20 PM »

>anarchist
>voting

lol
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 08:42:16 PM »

ND.

also, who or what voted Golden Dawn!?!? :/
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2015, 10:49:05 PM »

Sticking with SYRIZA. Tsipras isn't perfect, but there are no rational alternatives. Of course, this is probably premature and could (and probably will) change sometime soon in the future.

also, who or what voted Golden Dawn!?!? :/

Trolls. Including neo-Nazis in Atlas polls is pretty pointless. I think there was a German election series derailed by people voting for a fascist party a long time ago.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 06:02:16 AM »

There's actually a split in the anarchist movement on voting, I personally tend to support voting to improve the conditions of the working class until a revolution can occur, though I still don't support Anarchists entering the State or other reactionary institutions.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2015, 07:21:35 AM »

There's actually a split in the anarchist movement on voting, I personally tend to support voting to improve the conditions of the working class until a revolution can occur, though I still don't support Anarchists entering the State or other reactionary institutions.

You fool! There can never be any improvments to the conditions of the working class through the capitalist enabeling that is parliamentry democracy. All such improvments are merely an illusion. The only way to improve anything for the working class is a revolution, and legitimizing the corrupt political system through voting will only delay true revolution!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2015, 01:10:43 PM »

not Syriza and not KKE.  hopefully a breakaway Syriza left bloc merges with ANTARSYA, but I really could give a sh**t anymore.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 10:56:09 AM »

Independent Greeks or LAOS
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P