Would Carly Fiorina make a good running mate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:18:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Would Carly Fiorina make a good running mate?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would Carly Fiorina make a good running mate?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: Would Carly Fiorina make a good running mate?  (Read 1539 times)
Progressive
jro660

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 12, 2015, 06:19:02 PM »

Please explain in the comments!
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 07:00:01 PM »

She's articulate, she has experience running things, and she hasn't been a Washington insider. I think she could help close the gap with female voters because she's right on the issues AND she has been married twice; her current husband and her have been together for 31 years. She left a marriage that didn't work, but then has been with the same man for 31 years, in contrast to Bill and Hillary's arrangement in which Hillary stayed with a pig for political purposes.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 07:06:13 PM »

If I saw her I would run. So in that sense, yes.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 07:11:02 PM »

She's articulate, she has experience running things, and she hasn't been a Washington insider. I think she could help close the gap with female voters because she's right on the issues AND she has been married twice; her current husband and her have been together for 31 years. She left a marriage that didn't work, but then has been with the same man for 31 years, in contrast to Bill and Hillary's arrangement in which Hillary stayed with a pig for political purposes.

... into the ground, that is. She was the first CEO HP ever fired.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 07:22:27 PM »

There is no question that she was quite controversial at times.

Look, I want Governor Bush to pick Senator Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire or Former Secretary of State Condi Rice as his running-mate. I think he has the private sector business experience and executive experience to lead, having a running-mate and then Vice President with either extensive national security experience like Condi Rice, or a backround in law enforcement like Kelly Ayotte, makes a lot of sense.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 07:40:03 PM »

Probably not.

Odds are she won't make the top ten cutoff for the next debate. She doesn't have the traditional accomplishments of a running mate (has not served in statewide office or congressional leadership or cabinet) and her tenure at HP is controversial. The nominee will also have other choices available.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 07:42:29 PM »

She would make Palin look like Susan Collins.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 07:50:03 PM »

Yes. She was on McCain ' s VP shortlist. A McCain/Fiorina ticket would have done okay than the McCain/Palin ticket.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 07:56:25 PM »

Look, I want Governor Bush to pick Senator Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire or Former Secretary of State Condi Rice as his running-mate. I think he has the private sector business experience and executive experience to lead, having a running-mate and then Vice President with either extensive national security experience like Condi Rice, or a backround in law enforcement like Kelly Ayotte, makes a lot of sense.

Quite - if Bush/whoever needs someone with business experience, someone who wasn't in the process of running said business into the ground before being fired would certainly help. Wink

dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 09:34:48 PM »

Quite - if Bush/whoever needs someone with business experience, someone who wasn't in the process of running said business into the ground before being fired would certainly help. Wink

Governor Bush has business experience himself, so he probably wants a running-mate with either law enforcement or foreign policy experience.

The career politicians or lawyers in the race could benefit with Carly Fiorina, but she is controversial.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 09:40:05 PM »

You are saying she's controversial as if her business record has merit, but has rubbed some people the wrong way. This is wrong, and proven so over and over again.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2015, 09:49:54 PM »

I don't think Donald Trump would go anywhere near her as a running mate; he'd completely overshadow her. He's a rockstar, one of the most successful businessmen in the history of the country. Fiorina sucks. She's a loser. Trump is ten or twenty times the businessman she is. Obviously he doesn't want a running mate who overshadows him, but he also doesn't want someone who looks like a total nobody when juxtaposed with the top of the ticket.
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2015, 09:53:27 PM »

Governor Bush has business experience himself, so he probably wants a running-mate with either law enforcement or foreign policy experience.

The career politicians or lawyers in the race could benefit with Carly Fiorina, but she is controversial.

1. Why the hell are you trying to assume how Hilary felt about Bill after his adultery? It's disgusting that you would make up conspiratorial crap like that when she could've been against divorce for many reasons other than that.

2. Condoleezza Rice doesn't want to be in public office again since and I'm pretty sure Jeb wants to distance himself from Dubya.

3. Fiorina's good with PR type stuff but her flawed political skills in terms of strategy and debating were exposed in 2010.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2015, 09:57:16 PM »

Only if Eric Wargotz and Jim Huffman turn down the job.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2015, 01:06:25 AM »
« Edited: July 13, 2015, 09:38:27 AM by pbrower2a »

First of all, she will not win California in the event that anyone expects to flip or even draw political resources of a democrat into California at the expense of Democratic chances in Colorado, Ohio, or Virginia. She is despised in the influential high-tech industry. VP choices rarely flip electoral votes. Lloyd Bentsen, well respected in Texas, did not make Texas close in 1988.

Except for building character, private-sector experience in manufacturing or services has little relevance to the Presidency. Government is not a business. You wouldn't want the federal government to maximize tax revenues, would you? Or maximize incarceration?  

She has no experience in public office. I thought Paul Ryan a weak candidate, but at least he had significant experience in the House in the budget. I doubt that she will know the difference between operating a business as a tyrant who can fire at will and operate a government that can't exile people at will. Government being run as if it were a business? It's been tried -- and it was paradoxically the Soviet Union, which maximized profits in part with the aid of prison labor as a norm.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 03:07:37 AM »

I think irony would be dead if it's Bush/Rice.

And no, she isn't. She's being used to prove that there's still women in the republican party, and the myth that she somehow stands up on womens issues is bullsh**t. It's like Sarah Palin in 2008-Republican women thought 'oh yeah great' but moderates on all sides didn't trust her. Basically don't pick a women assuming that she'll get you votes, especially when the dems biggest lead is on unmarried women.

She's got virtually no foreign policy experience apart from sitting in on CIA briefings, she lost her 2010 senate race and she crashed her business into the ground
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 02:38:02 PM »

A female Republican with little to no political experience? People are going to see her as just another Palin.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 02:41:36 PM »

No.  If the Republican want a female running mate, there are better options.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2015, 06:57:36 PM »

She was a bad candidate for Senate. Why would she be a good candidate for a higher office?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies