Future of the Ulster Unionist Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:23:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Future of the Ulster Unionist Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Future of the Ulster Unionist Party  (Read 4112 times)
britishstudent

« on: November 16, 2005, 07:54:04 AM »

i am utterly amazed at the complete lack of knowledge of northern ireland politics that is demonstarted on this board! You guys really need to get your facts straight!

i especially think the comments about the dup are completely out of order. they refuse to take part in a government with known terrorists that have not decomissioned their weapons. Would you like Osama bin Laden in your congress? because it is the same thing! the omagh bomb killed 29 people and two unborn babies, that was our september 11th, a huge number of people, never mind the other 2000 people killed by the ira over the past thirty years. now they have decided to go inot governemnt? the dup have made it clear that they will not go into governemnt untill there is clear evidence that their has been decommissioning, is that really too much to ask?
britishstudent

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 08:40:28 AM »

thanks for the welcome. i would agree with the points you have made, certainly things have chnaged in the last six months, but i am defending the dup's position over the past 8 years. The Good Friday agreement was a disaster, as people have come to realise, and their are certain aspects which are just unacceptable, and the unionist people have voted for the dup because of their opposition to the dup. Please note that they are not opposed to peace, but to an unfair agreement.
They can be classified as extreme, because they believe in a cause passionately, but hery are not violent!!

Paisley is represented in the media as a devil, he really isnt, he is a good working MP, who attends to the needs of all his constiuents, whether protestant, catholic or australian, and this is seen when a substantial number of catholics voted for him over the past 30 years. Paisley is not anti catholic, but anti catholism, what he believes to be the wrong teachings of the catholic church
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies