Do you support gay marriages?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:27:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do you support gay marriages?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Do you support gay marriages?  (Read 8546 times)
IronFist
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 13, 2015, 06:57:38 PM »

What do you think about gay marriage legalization? Is this good or bad for the country? On the one hand it is a big step towards universal freedom and equality. But on the other hand there are many are many people unhappy with this law (including me), and it's not like they are going to change their opinion. It seems to me it would be better to leave it as is just not to increase tensions in society. Personally I am in favor of civil unions since a marriage should remain a Union between a man and a woman.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 07:04:29 PM »

What do you think about gay marriage legalization? Is this good or bad for the country? On the one hand it is a big step towards universal freedom and equality.
yes

You must be logged in to read this quote.
so?

newsflash: every significant social reform "increases tensions in society". should the civil rights act have been scrapped because it would "increase tensions in society"?

why?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 07:23:56 PM »

Little late for this, don't you think?
Consciously Unconscious
Liberty Republican
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 07:44:53 PM »

I want to get married one day, so yes. 
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 07:46:12 PM »

New topics about opinions on SSM should really be banned within the U.S. Discussion forum, given that the issue is settled law in the U.S..
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 07:59:03 PM »

I've always supported it, but it's a moot point now that it's legalized.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 08:07:44 PM »

New topics about opinions on SSM should really be banned within the U.S. Discussion forum, given that the issue is settled law in the U.S..

settled law, sure. Settled issue? Not really. Just another example from today.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2015/07/dent_county_missouri_gay_marriage.php
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 08:21:37 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2015, 08:23:36 PM by Thomas from NJ »

No. I vehemently oppose any legal recognition of same-sex unions whatsoever, along with societal acceptance of homosexuality. I also support re-criminalizing sodomy; and would support the enactment of a law banning homosexual propaganda in schools, similar to Britain's old Section 28 law.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 08:38:55 PM »

No. I vehemently oppose any legal recognition of same-sex unions whatsoever, along with societal acceptance of homosexuality. I also support re-criminalizing sodomy; and would support the enactment of a law banning homosexual propaganda in schools, similar to Britain's old Section 28 law.

Move to Russia.
Consciously Unconscious
Liberty Republican
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 08:50:36 PM »

What should the punishment be?  Also, would being gay be a crime or just gay sex? 
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 08:53:20 PM »

What should the punishment be?  Also, would being gay be a crime or just gay sex? 
Yes.  I'm curious what your nuanced views on this issue are.  Let it all out.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 09:19:06 PM »

Move to Russia.

Sodomy is legal in Russia so I'm afraid he'd be disappointed.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 09:30:14 PM »

Tunisia is among the countries that still kill you if you're gay. Thomas from NJ should move there.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2015, 09:42:50 PM »

This would have been an interesting thread 5 or 10 years ago.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2015, 10:02:16 PM »

not banned. just ignored.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 11:20:59 PM »

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 11:43:21 PM »

And I thought chivalry was dead.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 02:55:11 AM »

Why, by banning sodomy do you want to regulate what straight couples get up to in the bedroom. Are you going to publish a list of approved sexual acts?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 02:59:52 AM »

Why, by banning sodomy do you want to regulate what straight couples get up to in the bedroom. Are you going to publish a list of approved sexual acts?

Well, he is a fundamentalist. The only approved sexual act is spousal, unprotected vaginal coitus between two fertile persons.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 03:46:18 AM »

Well, he is a fundamentalist. The only approved sexual act is spousal, unprotected vaginal coitus between two fertile persons.

With sex like that you'd think we were machines not people...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 04:05:31 AM »

Why does this thread exist?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 05:00:01 AM »

While the OP uses a form of expression that will now inevitably invoke criticism based on the current law of the land, I have supported for many years what many conservatives now support ever since they have lost.

In short, the term "marriage" should never have been a part of public discourse with respect to obtaining a license to join in a partnership that is recognized by the government. That was a mistake early on by local and state officials, as well as the public desiring institutions to reflect the dominant religion. Conservatives could have simply renamed all civil ceremonies and recognition "civil unions" years ago and extended its concept to everyone regardless of orientation, largely avoiding this problem for them. In reality, nothing the government performs in terms of recognition can be considered "marriage" in the same sense that religious individuals view a church-performed marriage, and they would have saved themselves the humiliating loss of what has happened. Much of Europe got it right and does it this way, from what I understand.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 05:30:05 AM »

Mods please shut down this thread.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 10:40:48 AM »
« Edited: July 14, 2015, 10:44:55 AM by Thomas from NJ »

I support a law banning anal and oral sex for both homosexuals and heterosexuals, just like many past U.S. sodomy laws did:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy_laws_in_the_United_States#State_and_territorial_laws_prior_to_Lawrence_v._Texas

The punishment would be a fine, jail sentence, or both.

While I would certainly try to enforce the law, I wouldn't go and install cameras in every bedroom or anything like that. The main purpose of the law would simply be to send a message to society that certain sexual activity is not OK.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 12:15:08 PM »

I support a law banning anal and oral sex for both homosexuals and heterosexuals, just like many past U.S. sodomy laws did:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy_laws_in_the_United_States#State_and_territorial_laws_prior_to_Lawrence_v._Texas

The punishment would be a fine, jail sentence, or both.

While I would certainly try to enforce the law, I wouldn't go and install cameras in every bedroom or anything like that. The main purpose of the law would simply be to send a message to society that certain sexual activity is not OK.

What about oral sex and cunnilingus? Gays and straights can do that. Would that also be banned. What about hand jobs? Fingering?  What's your stance on rimming?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies