Do you support gay marriages?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:22:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do you support gay marriages?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Do you support gay marriages?  (Read 8567 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 12:16:23 PM »

What about oral sex and cunnilingus? Gays and straights can do that. Would that also be banned. What about hand jobs? Fingering?  What's your stance on rimming?

These are clearly very important issues every politician should have to address. Grin
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 12:59:08 PM »

An anti blow-job rule? Wow, I don't think it's possible to come up with a less popular policy.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 01:06:44 PM »

What about oral sex and cunnilingus? Gays and straights can do that. Would that also be banned. What about hand jobs? Fingering?  What's your stance on rimming?

These are clearly very important issues every politician should have to address. Grin

"uuuh let me be clear folks ... I am in, uh, full support of ah, rimming and ah frankly, all folks in these United States should be able to, ah, rim ..
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2015, 05:28:12 PM »

In a visual demonstration.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2015, 07:31:03 PM »

No, I only support one gay marriage.

/snark
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2015, 07:54:11 PM »

i support exactly two very large polygamous gay marriages.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 10:37:04 PM »

No. I vehemently oppose any legal recognition of same-sex unions whatsoever, along with societal acceptance of homosexuality. I also support re-criminalizing sodomy; and would support the enactment of a law banning homosexual propaganda in schools, similar to Britain's old Section 28 law.

What should the punishment be?  Also, would being gay be a crime or just gay sex? 
Yes.  I'm curious what your nuanced views on this issue are.  Let it all out.

No. I vehemently oppose any legal recognition of same-sex unions whatsoever, along with societal acceptance of homosexuality. I also support re-criminalizing sodomy; and would support the enactment of a law banning homosexual propaganda in schools, similar to Britain's old Section 28 law.

Why, by banning sodomy do you want to regulate what straight couples get up to in the bedroom. Are you going to publish a list of approved sexual acts?

I support a law banning anal and oral sex for both homosexuals and heterosexuals, just like many past U.S. sodomy laws did:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy_laws_in_the_United_States#State_and_territorial_laws_prior_to_Lawrence_v._Texas

The punishment would be a fine, jail sentence, or both.

While I would certainly try to enforce the law, I wouldn't go and install cameras in every bedroom or anything like that. The main purpose of the law would simply be to send a message to society that certain sexual activity is not OK.

Thomas, are you one of teh gayz?
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2015, 03:16:59 PM »

"uuuh let me be clear folks ... I am in, uh, full support of ah, rimming and ah frankly, all folks in these United States should be able to, ah, rim ..

I can't tell if that's Obama or Jeff Goldblum. Tongue
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2015, 03:47:18 PM »

An anti blow-job rule? Wow, I don't think it's possible to come up with a less popular policy.

That doesn't even have anything to do with gay marriage at all. That goes back to Lawrence v. Texas in 2003, which basically invalidated all laws pertaining to what sexual acts go on in private.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2015, 03:50:42 PM »

Seems like a good idea.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2015, 05:30:50 PM »

Ken Cuccinelli joined Atlas?!
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2015, 06:55:00 PM »

Well for practical reasons yes, but personally, nah.
Blacky
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2015, 08:37:49 AM »

Gay marriages are okay. LGBT propaganda is stupid.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2015, 09:59:11 AM »

Gay marriages are okay. LGBT propaganda is stupid.

says you

Blacky
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2015, 10:26:58 AM »

Rainbow always was the symbol of how beautiful our world is. And I don't associate it to LGBT propaganda. LGBT propaganda is not only flag and colors, it's in the mass culture mostly.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2015, 02:11:05 AM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2015, 09:00:04 AM »

empty quoting won't help you get dudes.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2015, 09:15:21 PM »

What should the punishment be?  Also, would being gay be a crime or just gay sex? 
Yes.  I'm curious what your nuanced views on this issue are.  Let it all out.

Why, by banning sodomy do you want to regulate what straight couples get up to in the bedroom. Are you going to publish a list of approved sexual acts?

I support a law banning anal and oral sex for both homosexuals and heterosexuals, just like many past U.S. sodomy laws did:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy_laws_in_the_United_States#State_and_territorial_laws_prior_to_Lawrence_v._Texas

The punishment would be a fine, jail sentence, or both.

While I would certainly try to enforce the law, I wouldn't go and install cameras in every bedroom or anything like that. The main purpose of the law would simply be to send a message to society that certain sexual activity is not OK.

You must have a very boring sex life....
IronFist
Rookie
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2015, 10:09:37 PM »

Rainbow always was the symbol of how beautiful our world is. And I don't associate it to LGBT propaganda. LGBT propaganda is not only flag and colors, it's in the mass culture mostly.
Well, nowadays rainbow is associated only with LGBT movement and it's not like it's going to change anytime soon. You need to forget about the rainbow as the symbol of beauty. Now it's the symbol of ugliness.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2015, 10:24:42 PM »

Well, nowadays rainbow is associated only with LGBT movement and it's not like it's going to change anytime soon. You need to forget about the rainbow as the symbol of beauty. Now it's the symbol of ugliness.
University of Hawaii alumni will of course disagree.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2015, 03:51:49 PM »

I've always supported it, but it's a moot point now that it's legalized.

It will be overturned and religious freedom will be returned to her rightful pride of place.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2015, 03:53:37 PM »

It will be overturned and religious freedom will be returned to her rightful pride of place.
That's pretty delusional thinking.  Also, remember religious freedom goes both ways.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2015, 04:05:41 PM »

That's pretty delusional thinking.  Also, remember religious freedom goes both ways.

Call back when Roe v Wade is overturned. But I still stand by the position that the Federal Courts have no legal jurisdiction due to Article 1 Section 8 and the 9th and 10th Amendments. Sorry but the application of the 14th is a flawed one.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2015, 04:17:59 PM »

That's pretty delusional thinking.  Also, remember religious freedom goes both ways.

Call back when Roe v Wade is overturned. But I still stand by the position that the Federal Courts have no legal jurisdiction due to Article 1 Section 8 and the 9th and 10th Amendments. Sorry but the application of the 14th is a flawed one.

fortunately, you do not have any power over this whatsoever. Curly
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2015, 04:50:27 PM »

As has been explained to you:

- The Deadline for the supreme court to agree to rehear the case was 5 days ago
- The resistance that exists does not effectively prevent gay couples from getting licenses.
- It is easy to think of 13 states that would vote against even a 'return it to the states' amendment, which is all that is needed to block an amendment from passage.

This 'reversal campaign' is pointless. I know you don't like SSM, I don't either. But it's settled law now and it's time to live with it and move on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies