Do you support gay marriages? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:53:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do you support gay marriages? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you support gay marriages?  (Read 8572 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: July 13, 2015, 07:04:29 PM »

What do you think about gay marriage legalization? Is this good or bad for the country? On the one hand it is a big step towards universal freedom and equality.
yes

You must be logged in to read this quote.
so?

newsflash: every significant social reform "increases tensions in society". should the civil rights act have been scrapped because it would "increase tensions in society"?

why?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 07:54:11 PM »

i support exactly two very large polygamous gay marriages.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 09:59:11 AM »

Gay marriages are okay. LGBT propaganda is stupid.

says you

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 04:17:59 PM »

I've always supported it, but it's a moot point now that it's legalized.

It will be overturned and religious freedom will be returned to her rightful pride of place.
That's pretty delusional thinking.  Also, remember religious freedom goes both ways.

Call back when Roe v Wade is overturned. But I still stand by the position that the Federal Courts have no legal jurisdiction due to Article 1 Section 8 and the 9th and 10th Amendments. Sorry but the application of the 14th is a flawed one.

fortunately, you do not have any power over this whatsoever. Curly
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 03:48:51 PM »

Of course, I'd leave it to God to decide. And I don't think he's as pea-brained as many of his followers. Love is love; hate is hate. He knows what's up.

In Leviticus 19:17, God tells us that the way to truly love our neighbors is to tell them the truth and warn them that their sins are taking them to Hell.

It's the world that doesn't know what love and hate really are. The world thinks it's ''loving'' to coddle people in their soul-damning sins.

literally two sentences later she says to not wear clothing woven of two different materials. the verse after that, she tacitly condones slavery. another few verses later, she forbids people from cutting their sideburns and getting tattoos.

you're either a troll or a huge fckin' moron.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 06:44:32 AM »

Of course, I'd leave it to God to decide. And I don't think he's as pea-brained as many of his followers. Love is love; hate is hate. He knows what's up.

In Leviticus 19:17, God tells us that the way to truly love our neighbors is to tell them the truth and warn them that their sins are taking them to Hell.

It's the world that doesn't know what love and hate really are. The world thinks it's ''loving'' to coddle people in their soul-damning sins.

literally two sentences later she says to not wear clothing woven of two different materials. the verse after that, she tacitly condones slavery. another few verses later, she forbids people from cutting their sideburns and getting tattoos.

First of all, you mean ''He''.
no

show me exactly where god says that the first rule is still valid and the others aren't.

Material woven of two different materials was not particularly practical for the time. Quite a few of the Levitical regulations are anti-luxury and that's one of them.
...so?

you could make that argument but it's not explicitly said
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies