Department of the Game Moderator
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 06:12:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of the Game Moderator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Department of the Game Moderator  (Read 4008 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 13, 2015, 09:48:50 PM »

Official Office of the Game Moderator, DKrol
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 07:00:44 PM »

I am looking for a Deputy. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 07:17:44 PM »

These were the final Unemployment Figures released by my predecessor. They will serve as the starting point for the Unemployment Figures I release, which will come out every Friday.

National Unemployment: 7.4%

Northeast Unemployment:7.1%
Mideast Unemployment: 6.0%
Midwest Unemployment: 6.3%
Pacific Unemployment: 7.9%
South Unemployment: 6.8%
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 11:16:46 PM »

Mods, please sticky.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 12:38:22 PM »

National Unemployment: 7.8%

Northeast Unemployment: 7.3%
Mideast Unemployment: 5.8%
Midwest Unemployment: 6.7%
Pacific Unemployment: 8.6%
South Unemployment: 7.0%

Investors and businesses are scared and weary of the uncertainty over Atlasia. They want to see some definitive action rather than a "Will we, won't we". This caused a small, national up-tick in unemployment. The Protecting Vulnerable Infrastructure Act is expected to counter some of this increase in the next week, as its provisions come in to fruition.

The Pacific saw a large swing upwards in unemployment, due to the political instability caused by their recent crisis, and this being the first set of unemployment numbers released since. There has also been no legislative activity - barring the legislative orders signs by Ebowed during his tenure.

The other regions saw minor upticks, on par with the national numbers, save for the Mideast. The recently passed budget - which included increased farm subsidies, increased infrastructure funds, and increased employment training - helped to counteract the national mood of uncertainty.

The Northeast has done little economically and is in need of a budget.

The South passed a budget that created a large Rainy Day Fund and a budget surplus, which was just shy of enough to counteract the national mood.

The Midwest has been focused on crafting a new Constitution, which did not help to fight the ideas of uncertainty that plague the nation. There are several clauses in the new Constitution, with respect to worker's rights, that should look towards reversing the trend and creating long-standing jobs.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 04:26:15 PM »

The other regions saw minor upticks, on par with the national numbers, save for the Mideast. The recently passed budget - which included increased farm subsidies, increased infrastructure funds, and increased employment training - helped to counteract the national mood of uncertainty.

Woo hoo!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 10:23:40 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 11:18:21 PM »

Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 07:53:08 PM »

Would it be acceptable to form an anti-TNF militia if I run the numbers through you first?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 09:35:40 AM »

National Unemployment: 8.3%

Northeast Unemployment: 7.6%
Mideast Unemployment: 6.3%
Midwest Unemployment: 8.0%
Pacific Unemployment: 8.6%
South Unemployment: 7.1%

The Communist Crisis did nothing to help Atlasia's Unemployment Crisis. With the resignation or pending impeachment of both the Attorney General and Vice President, the removal of the Registrar General, and the lack of action from the President business, investors, and regular Atlasians are scared. They're not spending money, which is causing the economy to contract. If serious action is not taken, Atlasia is on track to enter a recession. This has not been aided by President Bore's closing of the stock exchange for nearly a week. Said on economics professor "Closing the markets at the time was the best option. But this continued, prolonged closure is seriously hurting our abilities to make money."

Most of the Regions followed the national increase in unemployment, especially the Midwest and Northeast, due to the overwhelming national uncertainty. The Midwest lost most of its employers - and many citizens - during the Communist Crisis, with businesses relocating to the safer Northeast and citizens going anywhere they could - the Pacific was the most popular destination for these refugees.

In the Northeast, they lost their longtime popular Governor Sawx  and - as all economists know - the markets hate uncertainty. Losses could have been much worse, had it not been for Acting Governor Pikachu stepping up and CJO cinyc taking office at this critical juncture.

The only Region not to have excessive losses was the Pacific, which held at 8%. Governor Simfan, faced with a massive crisis and possible invasion, signed executive orders putting the Region in almost full employment for the duration of the Communist Crisis. While that order has since lost its effect, some employees were retained once the Crisis ended in infrastructure projects.

As one economist put it "We're at, what I believe, is the peak. We may have one or two more weeks of losses, but this could be the end of it. If we get strong leaders - nationally and regionally - who take proactive measures to assist employers, we could be looking at a rebound of our economy. Those are quite a few ifs, but I think it's doable."
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 04:34:32 PM »

Glad to see the Mideast still has the lowest unemployment rate in the nation. Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 04:39:33 PM »

Glad to see the Mideast still has the lowest unemployment rate in the nation. Smiley

Those Midwest bastar...

Oh wait, it's my region now.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 10:07:32 PM »

I'm going away for a few days - PM if it's crucial but I can't promise anything.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 08:04:06 PM »

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 04:25:51 PM »

National Unemployment: 8.5%

Northeast Unemployment: 7.3%
Mideast Unemployment: 6.5%
Midwest Unemployment: 7.9%
Pacific Unemployment: 7.6%
South Unemployment: 7.5%

A mixed result this week, economically.

The lack on trading on the sock exchanges has hurt the national economy. It has been closed for nearly two weeks, severely limiting the abilities of business to make profits and hire new employees. While this hasn't hurt the Mom-and-Pop stores on main street, national chains are facing major crises. Said one Vice President of an International Corporation "We're looking at pulling out of Atlasia as a market - there's no room to grow or expand because we cannot trade. It's hurting our numbers internationally." What halted the economy from nose diving was the settling of the many crises. With a capable and active SoEA and a working Senate, many investors felt confident that the market situation will be corrected shortly.

The regions were a mixed bag of results as well. The Northeast saw a marginal down-tick in unemployment over hopes of the Healthcare Choice Expansion Act and the election of a new Governor. The bill, which looks like its going to pass, has instilled confidence within the Northeast. Expanding competition, meaning lower prices, means that companies will be able to hire more workers rather than cut back in order to afford high-cost insurance policies.

The Mideast had a moderate up-tick in unemployment, while still the lowest in the nation, due to a lack of major action within the region. Many are viewing the proceedings for the Family Farm Regulatory Relief Act closely - it could become a major growth engine for the region, leading to an agriculture boom. While not in a bad position, the bill could create a "Shining City on the Hill" for Atlasian Regions.

The Midwest went down, again marginally, due to the re-establishment of government after the Communist Crisis. Many are unsure about the safety of the Midwest Speed Limits Act, but its economic impact will likely be negligible. Not much else has taken place in the devastated region - polls have been open for nearly a day and no votes have been cast.

The Pacific saw a moderate decrease in unemployment this time around. Governor Simfan has taken steps to ensure investor confidence with several appointments to vacant positions. Steps have also been taken to enact a similar law to the Mideast's proposed Farm Bill, and may see similar benefits as was discussed in the Mideast breakdown.

Nothing has been done in the South.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 09:30:20 PM »

Mr. GM,
Two questions:

1. Has France elected a new president yet? IIRC, an emergency election was called after Hollande was assassinated a few months back, but I don't think Kalwejt ever identified his successor.
2. What effect did the Confederate uprising in May have on the infrastructure and economy of West Virginia? I'm in the process of writing a bill to assist in the recovery and would like to know how severe things are/were.

Thanks,
HST
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 05:07:39 AM »

1. Has France elected a new president yet? IIRC, an emergency election was called after Hollande was assassinated a few months back, but I don't think Kalwejt ever identified his successor.

I had no time Sad
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 07:07:04 AM »

Mr. GM,
Two questions:

2. What effect did the Confederate uprising in May have on the infrastructure and economy of West Virginia? I'm in the process of writing a bill to assist in the recovery and would like to know how severe things are/were.

Thanks,
HST

Both will be covered in an upcoming Republican article - thank you for bringing both to my attention.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2015, 12:09:57 PM »

Mr. GM,
Two questions:

Thanks,
HST

Both will be covered in an upcoming Republican article - thank you for bringing both to my attention.

Many thanks!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2015, 06:22:15 PM »

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 06:38:35 PM »

Thank You DKrol for appointing me.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 03:18:28 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2015, 03:47:44 PM »

Could we have an update on Puerto Santos?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2015, 04:00:04 PM »

Coming up.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2015, 07:43:35 AM »

National Unemployment: 8.9%

Northeast Unemployment: 7.7%
Mideast Unemployment: 7.0%
Midwest Unemployment: 8.3%
Pacific Unemployment: 7.8%
South Unemployment: 8.0%

All unemployment numbers increased this week, due to several factors. The India-Pakistan Affairs started the week off with poor numbers, as Atlasian institutions were worried about the general stability of the region. The second coup in Puerto Santos did nothing to alleviate those fears, and the talk of General Alfonse Doran-Cordero about ending oil sales to Atlasia is a major concern, both to the industrial Mideast that uses the oil and the Northeast that houses the major financial institutions that buy and trade the oil. The stock market remaining closed has only added to the downturn.

Nothing done on the regional level could counter the nationally trend. According to a senior economist within the Department of the Game Moderator, a recession could be seen on the horizon is change does not come.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies