Do you support the abolition of slavery? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:06:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do you support the abolition of slavery? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you support the abolition of slavery?  (Read 3569 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: July 14, 2015, 05:58:41 AM »

What do you think about slavery abolition? Is this good or bad for the country? On the one hand it is a big step towards universal freedom and equality. But on the other hand there are many are many people unhappy with this law (including me), and it's not like they are going to change their opinion. It seems to me it would be better to leave it as is just not to increase tensions in society. Personally I am in favor of the Missouri Compromise since the south should have their traditions respected forever.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 11:45:54 AM »

I was more amused at the banality of somebody saying it represented "universal freedom and equality", but saying no because of the opposition of "some" people.

I know, yes, technically I am guilty of the worst crime ever: the False Equivalence!!!!
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 03:33:49 AM »

There are more slaves today than in 1865, but doing something about that would be hard (and certainly something Crabby and his moron brothers wouldn't be involved in anyway).  I wonder what those slaves think of this idiotic comparison.

Lol
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 01:33:03 PM »

As a Yankee Republican, slavery is not only an economic bad, it is also a moral wrong.

woah, controversial opinion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies