Do you support the abolition of slavery? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:56:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do you support the abolition of slavery? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you support the abolition of slavery?  (Read 3561 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« on: July 14, 2015, 07:31:38 PM »

If you're opposed to slavery, don't buy a slave! The free market will sort it out.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 09:54:49 PM »

If you're opposed to slavery, don't buy a slave! The free market will sort it out.

I hate to be mean, but you should really think about stuff for a second before you post, because slavery is LITERALLY THE OPPOSITE OF A FREE MARKET.

But yeah, the comparisons in this thread are hilarious and I enjoyed reading them, no matter how far fetched they are.

Lol, slavery was *literally* antithetical to the free market and part of the reason European immigrants in the North favored Democrats is because they were skeptical of Republican promises that any man - in a free labor economy - could rise to the top through hard work alone.

I know you're kidding, but to act like the defenders of slavery used anything close to a love of the free market to defend that institution is just simply unfair and disingenuous to those who praise the free market today, which is clearly the comparison you're drawing.

Yes, I know. I was being ironic, as were most others on this thread.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 01:38:39 AM »

Also, just for clarification, I meant that post to make fun of gay marriage supporters and pro-choicers as well as free-marketers, all groups which I consider myself to be a part of to a certain extent, and none of which I think would condone slavery.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies