Walker: Minumum Wage is 'lame'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:55:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Walker: Minumum Wage is 'lame'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Walker: Minumum Wage is 'lame'  (Read 3031 times)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 14, 2015, 03:58:32 PM »

Scott Walker has another pearl of wisdom to share:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

So. according to Walker the minimum wage is "lame" and forced ultrasounds are "cool."

What might Scott say next?
Reducing carbon emissions is bogus?
Tax cuts for the rich are bitchin

Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 04:03:24 PM »

As usual, Walker is a terrible candidate.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 04:04:22 PM »

Just like his campaign. Smiley
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 04:05:45 PM »

This is just Scotty being Scotty. He's got plenty of red meat for ultra-conservatives. Everyone else... not so much.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 04:06:53 PM »

This is what happens when you don't finish college, kiddos.

Conservative Translation: This is what happens when you act like a hard-working INDIVIDUAL and don't go around using nonsense upper-level left-wing philosophy and theoretical lingo.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 04:07:29 PM »

This is just Scotty being Scotty. He's got plenty of red meat for ultra-conservatives. Everyone else... not so much.

How is this even red meat? Calling the Minimum Wage "lame" is hardly a battle cry or buzzword for other right wingers.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 04:10:22 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2015, 04:12:45 PM by dudeabides »

Scott Walker has another pearl of wisdom to share:

So. according to Walker the minimum wage is "lame" and forced ultrasounds are "cool."

What might Scott say next?
Reducing carbon emissions is bogus?
Tax cuts for the rich are bitchin

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 04:12:50 PM »

How is this even red meat? Calling the Minimum Wage "lame" is hardly a battle cry or buzzword for other right wingers.

I wasn't implying that this in particular was red meat, though I'm sure some conservatives will argue that he was somehow actually implying that raising the minimum wage is lame. There will always be "translators" to help us decipher what Walker actually means when he carelessly opens his mouth.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 04:26:47 PM »

Yo kids
My name is Walker and I'm here to say
I wanna increase your wages in another way
I got a fly policy about a flat tax
And unions are radical: dat is fact!

Well you need to appeal to the yoof somehow
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 04:42:36 PM »

To be fair, the criticism that he didn't finish college making him intellectually lesser is dishonest. He technically dropped out at more the less minute to get a good paying job at IBM IIRC. So in reality there is no real difference to him finishing college.

I disagree with him on just about everything and all but this narrative is fundamentally dishonest in it's implications.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 04:58:11 PM »

To be fair, the criticism that he didn't finish college making him intellectually lesser is dishonest. He technically dropped out at more the less minute to get a good paying job at IBM IIRC. So in reality there is no real difference to him finishing college.

I disagree with him on just about everything and all but this narrative is fundamentally dishonest in it's implications.

Seriously ... You won't see me supporting Walker, but it's pretty bogus to insinuate he's "not college educated."
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 05:01:46 PM »

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 05:04:44 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2015, 05:07:00 PM by Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death Points »

I support him quite a bit, but he's just so fun to mock excessively. Almost all political mocking is dishonest or built on a flimsy quirk/quote.
It's a lot easier to stretch the truth on this because he says legitimately dim-witted things and looks unintelligent further proved by his transcript...
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 05:07:22 PM »

Conservative Translation: This is what happens when you act like a hard-working INDIVIDUAL and don't go around using nonsense upper-level left-wing philosophy and theoretical lingo.

Are you a Democrat now?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 05:24:10 PM »

And the self-insertion of Walker's  lower appendages into his mouth commences. My only question is how much of his leg (or legs) he'll be able to cram in before his campaign chokes.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 05:30:37 PM »

This in itself isn't going to hurt him, but its only a matter of time before he really screws up, most likely at a debate Rick Perry style.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 05:56:47 PM »

Walker didn't take a job with IBM.

It was with the American Red Cross, he had worked part time for IBM during college.  It likely wasn't all that high paying either as most NGOs don't pay great.  He also left the job after a couple years after he got elected to the State Legislature, and he hasn't had a private sector job since.

I'm surprised nobody added this though. The full quote of Walker's is that governments shouldn't be focused on the minimum wage but they should focus on improving training so that people can get jobs that pay higher than minimum wage.

I've argued something similar to that just recently, but there are two problems with it:
1.Unless automation replaces minimum wage jobs, there will always be a need for them. If you give them more education, you're just going to end up with more over qualified minimum wage workers.

2.Scott Walker has actually cut funding for training, at least at the university and college level. I don't know if he has also cut funding for more specific job training.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 05:57:10 PM »

He won't win the nomination because of this. You can't be against the minimum wage.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 06:09:34 PM »

Are you a Democrat now?

I have always been somewhere between a moderate and conservative since I started posting regularly. Scott Walker is one of the best 2016 candidates (as angry as I am with him for being a politician running for office). It is always worthwhile to make fun of everyone however, especially your favorites.
I do not foresee myself re-registering as a Democrat in the near future.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 06:18:23 PM »

No one, other than the Phil Gramm types, are for abolishing the minimum wage; the battle is over raising it.

I am not an economic libertarian, but I do believe that raising the minimum wage to, say $9.00 will seriously hurt folks making $9.00 now.  Those folks won't get much of a raise; they'll be at the bottom with the other minimum wagers, while price increases will be passed on to them.

Most Republicans and some independents believe this; they also are making enough above the minimum wage to not really think about what the minimum wage is. 
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 06:50:48 PM »

No one, other than the Phil Gramm types, are for abolishing the minimum wage; the battle is over raising it.

I am not an economic libertarian, but I do believe that raising the minimum wage to, say $9.00 will seriously hurt folks making $9.00 now.  Those folks won't get much of a raise; they'll be at the bottom with the other minimum wagers, while price increases will be passed on to them.

Most Republicans and some independents believe this; they also are making enough above the minimum wage to not really think about what the minimum wage is. 

Before you kid yourself that non-notable republicans oppose increasing the minimum wage by an overwhelming margin, step back and remember that Arkansas, in 2014, passed a minimum wage increase referendum with over 60% of the vote, on the same day Cotton and Hutchinson won in a landslide.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 06:53:39 PM »

Most punchable face in politics, which is saying something given his GOP competition.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 07:02:41 PM »

Most punchable face in politics, which is saying something given his GOP competition.

I think Santorum is most punchable, followed by Cruz, yet Walker is high up as well.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 07:27:30 PM »

Bush / Walker: "You can work long hours for less than minimum wage until you're 70!"
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 07:35:30 PM »

I think Santorum is most punchable, followed by Cruz, yet Walker is high up as well.

I hate Walker more because he has a bigger Internet following, and a better shot at the presidency.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies