Santa Ana, CA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:42:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Santa Ana, CA
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santa Ana, CA  (Read 1070 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 15, 2015, 02:23:51 PM »

how long has it had the reputation as being the "eysore of OC"?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 08:58:38 PM »

Is that an aesthetic comment? SA has some of the oldest housing stock, which while at one time, was average housing, as things became more grand, and incomes rose, the housing stock relatively speaking seemed more modest. SA is a variegated place, with some "nice" areas, and a few "grand" blocks, and overall, it is actually a quite vibrant community, and reasonably safe. And even in the most modest, almost entirely Hispanic areas, the housing stock is in reasonably good condition. There is no such thing as blocks of wrecked abandoned housing, unlike in a lot of other low income areas in other locations.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 09:04:15 PM »

There is no such thing as blocks of wrecked abandoned housing, unlike in a lot of other low income areas in other locations.

You don't really have that anywhere in California. Maybe in some rural areas that I have never visited.

And I'll back up your comments on Santa Ana. I have been in that city many times and never had any issues or thought it was overly dumpy. Parts of Garden Grove and Anaheim look worse imho.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 12:39:45 AM »

There is no such thing as blocks of wrecked abandoned housing, unlike in a lot of other low income areas in other locations.

You don't really have that anywhere in California. Maybe in some rural areas that I have never visited.

And I'll back up your comments on Santa Ana. I have been in that city many times and never had any issues or thought it was overly dumpy. Parts of Garden Grove and Anaheim look worse imho.

you wrote on 12/30/12 that "Yeah a movie actor probably wouldn't even live in Orange county let alone the dump known as Santa Ana. There are some high rise condos in south Santa Ana that would be cool to live in but they are filled more with yuppies working in Irvine. "
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 02:38:54 PM »

you wrote on 12/30/12 that "Yeah a movie actor probably wouldn't even live in Orange county let alone the dump known as Santa Ana. There are some high rise condos in south Santa Ana that would be cool to live in but they are filled more with yuppies working in Irvine. "

Kind of creepy you have that saved but yes, compared to say Irvine or Huntington Beach, Santa Ana is a dump. Parts of Garden Grove and Anaheim are just as bad if not worse. That being said, it is much better than dumpy neighborhoods in other parts of the country.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 03:22:30 PM »

Kind of creepy you have that saved but yes, compared to say Irvine or Huntington Beach, Santa Ana is a dump. Parts of Garden Grove and Anaheim are just as bad if not worse. That being said, it is much better than dumpy neighborhoods in other parts of the country.

Here is an example of a north of 17th Street block in SA. Once upon a time, this was the area in which much of the OC bourgeoise lived, prior to Irvine and the hill areas and the coastal areas being built up as other than resort areas.

freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 04:29:14 PM »

I didn't save it, I merely remember you saying something to that effect and tried to retrieve it.
Retrumplican
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 05:18:38 AM »

Here is an example of a north of 17th Street block in SA. Once upon a time, this was the area in which much of the OC bourgeoise lived, prior to Irvine and the hill areas and the coastal areas being built up as other than resort areas.

There is one thing you have to grant Hispanics who are taking over Orange County. They know how to take over a nice area, in comparison to the Hispanics who are taking over Houston, LA, the Bronx, rural west Kansas, etc.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 08:45:51 PM »

There is one thing you have to grant Hispanics who are taking over Orange County. They know how to take over a nice area, in comparison to the Hispanics who are taking over Houston, LA, the Bronx, rural west Kansas, etc.

I have yet to read a post of yours that has an opinion that is remotely related to the facts. And your avatar is clearly ironic. Thanks.
Retrumplican
Rookie
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 07:03:31 AM »

I have yet to read a post of yours that has an opinion that is remotely related to the facts. And your avatar is clearly ironic. Thanks.

FWIW, I am a long time lurker, and admire your gerrymandering prowess. Yes, my registration/signature/many of my posts so far have been ironic. If I keep posting once the Trump madness dies down, it'll be more fact-related.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies