Rate the Presidents, Installment #40: Ronald Reagan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:05:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Rate the Presidents, Installment #40: Ronald Reagan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How would you rate Ronald Reagan as a President?
✯✯✯✯✯

✯✯✯✯

✯✯✯

✯✯

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Rate the Presidents, Installment #40: Ronald Reagan  (Read 4071 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: July 16, 2015, 04:50:59 PM »

I gave two stars, only because I'm more of a Foreign Policy guy when it comes to US Presidents-he only gets 2 stars because he played a big part in helping to end the cold war. Key word is helping, despite what conservatives think Reagan didn't walk in and single handily destroy the USSR- I'd argue the USSR did that when it invaded Prague in 1968, likewise Gorbachev and all the eastern Europeans deserve much more credit than Reagan. Sure his ability to work with Gorbi should be praised.

However that doesn't overlook his complete lack of morals- when you get called out by Thatcher as being an aggressive invader you know something is wrong Along with his support for death squads in Central America, and his support for Apartheid it's clear that he lacked a moral compass. Along with him giving Saddam help in gassing Iranian teenagers-Ronnie wasn't that much of a moral crusader that he's made out as. Anyone calling him a hero, needs to think about just how much evil he allowed to flourish in the world

His speech on medicare in the 1960's is a good eye opener as well- see here
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 02:21:42 PM »

Did Gerald Ford beat Reagan loool
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies