Poland election - October 25 2015 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:19:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Poland election - October 25 2015 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Poland election - October 25 2015  (Read 55072 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: July 17, 2015, 04:34:38 PM »

Kukiz's star is rapidly fading, mostly because he failed to capitalize his success from the presidential election. His prospective list (which is still an unclear project) was polling very high, taking second place after PiS (and before PO) in at least one poll.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 04:41:15 PM »

I know that you all thing that PiS is some kind of ultra-Catholic party and will make second Iran in Poland but as most of the post-Solidarity parties they are mainly focused on power, in case of PiS claiming it after years of political failures and humiliations. As they have no partner for coalition (maybe Kukiz but I doubt if he will be able to get over 5% threshold) they must secure a majority so also they will probably a little bit make get moderate - and as you can see with president-elect Andrzej Duda and female candidate for the PM they are doing it since the beginning of the year.

Right, Kukiz, with his numbers steadily declining, may very well fell below 5% As of other parties, PSL, despite their willingness to enter various coalitions thorough history, seems unlikely junior partner. There's certainly not going to be any POPiS - we're no longer in 2004/2005, when it seemed inevitable for many. SLD would be an odd match, despite Miller's recent signals (The Pimp might be out of any postion after the election anyway and I sincerely hope for SLD to finally drop dead). NowoczesnaPL is another prematurely declining project, just as Korwin, who can't repeat his onetime success in 2014 EP elections.

There's no way PiS can win a majority on its own, just as SLD couldn't in 2001 and PO in 2007. That makes the whole situation extremely interesting. Nothing can be really ruled out.

One thing to remember. PiS didn't suddenly became popular. We're witnessing results of fatigue from PO government which, quite frankly, sucks.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 04:44:30 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Extremely few, I'd say. I've spend some years in a rural Poland and honestly can't remember anyone without a phone.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Some people might be embarassed of admitting they're voting for PSL of all parties.

My guess is that PSL had strong enough network to cross the 5%.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 05:37:17 PM »

Honestly, the only road for the left's recovery (a slow one, of course, but still), if for SLD to finally drop dead. They are never going to reform from the apparatchik roots and, as long as they are in the Sejm, no matter with how few MPs, there's no space.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 09:14:21 PM »

Glorious news, everybody! Grzegorz Braun is forming his own committee!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies