Will Clinton use Obama in the general election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:52:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Clinton use Obama in the general election?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Will Clinton use Obama in the general election?
She will.

She won't.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: Will Clinton use Obama in the general election?  (Read 2204 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2015, 05:54:10 PM »

Clinton will have a strong VP, Castro it looks like due to must win states of CO, NV and Pa 272 blue wall. Castro was on meet the press defending Clinton's immigration policy.

Like BILL, Obama will be used for base turnout, and Castro will do rest with Latinos.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2015, 06:34:52 PM »

Okay Dudeabides has gone insane, anyone with foreign policy knowledge knows that Afghanistan was a massive  up on so many levels for the Bush regime.

Plus-how is Obama weak when he's standing up to his own party over Iran+Cuba? Maybe he should follow Dick Cheney's advice and bomb Iran

Anyone who reads objectively as opposed to just watching PMSNBC or reading the Nation knows that while Afghanistan has seen it's challenges and those challenges remain, the world is better off without the Taliban in power. Bush made the right decision.

The Democrats who are against Obama on Cuba are doing what this President has failed to do, and has never done. They are putting the national security interests of their country before what they believe to be popular decisions. In the case of Iran, I can't think of a more dangerous agreement in our nation's history. This agreement lifts economic sanctions, enabling Iran to again fund extremists. Furthermore, this agreement doesn't actually stop them from going nuclear.

Bush was an objective failure (the only redeeming aspect of his presidency was PEPFAR, and that does not balance out everything else). On the other hand, Obama is on track to become a top 5 President.

At least you are consistent. You like Obama and Donald Trump. Both are incompetent and divide people. Both promote leftist policies.

Obama is a solidly decent president (I'm not willing to call him one of the greatest), whereas Dubya is one of the worst. Plus near the end of his presidency, Obama is still fairly well-liked by the public and by his base. Bush was and is not. It'd be foolish to keep Obama out of the campaign, and even more foolish to drag Bush in.

Bush is far more unpopular than Obama, but Obama isn't that popular. Half the country disapproves of Obama, I wouldn't call that very popular.

I happen to believe George W. Bush was an okay President, where as Obama has been one of the worst Presidents in history - he is incompetent, lawless, dishonest, and he plays on people's fears as opposed to appealing to their hopes.

What is interesting is how they go about getting those polling numbers. President Bush made decisions based on what he felt was right, this President has played politics. I'd rather have a President with a 61% disapproval rating who was honest with me and did the right thing than one who panders, divides, and has a 49% disapproval rating.

My advice to Jeb Bush: Don't bring W on the campaign trail, just let him fundraise.

My advice to Hillary: Use Bill, not Barack.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2015, 07:11:23 PM »

If you want to natter about politics, the IE board is currently holding an election series. Let's not spam this board with dull twattery about our affiliations, because this board is (officially) about 2016.

And in 2016, Obama will - by any conceivable metric, in the public's eye - be a more useful surrogate candidate than Bush The Brother.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2015, 07:19:11 PM »

Well, not to be facetious dudeabides, but it's far more likely that she will use Obama than Jeb will use Dubya.

And yes. A campaign that disendorses the sitting incumbent of the same party starts behind off the bat. obama's approvals (barring some sort of shock event) should be decent (single digits net approval probably), so she would be crazy to not run with Obama, especially where he plays well (student areas, Black communities. Might as well make the most of some "incumbency" advantage.

I do agree with that. Jeb won't be using W, despite the fact W was a far better President than Obama.

There's good reason to not use Dubya. In fact plenty of reason to not use Dubya. Anywhere that Dubya goes there will be noisy, disruptive protests. There will be placards that read things like "W stands for WAR CRIMINAL".  He will of course be linked to the economic meltdown of 2007-2009,

FoX News rarely mentions him.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2015, 06:21:12 AM »

She will. The reason is simple:

dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2015, 04:10:39 PM »

Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2015, 11:43:12 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2015, 01:24:03 AM by Ogre Mage »

It will largely depend on his approval ratings.  Obama's approval ratings are currently at 47%, which is about average at this point in a two-term presidency.

It is not as good as the 60% Bill Clinton had in July 1999, but far better than than the wretched 30% George W. Bush had in July 2007.  Obama's approvals, even at their worst, have never gotten anywhere close to that bad.

Assuming his approvals stay in the 45%-50% range, Hillary will embrace Obama -- but only to a point.  The obvious answer would be to have Obama campaign in areas where African-American or youth turnout will be critical.  But who knows, the Clinton campaign may crunch the numbers and consider other uses.  It will also be interesting to see what speaking slot Obama is given at the convention.  Unlike George W. Bush in 2008 and 2012 I think he will be there.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies