People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. North Carolina Yankee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:19:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. North Carolina Yankee
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. North Carolina Yankee  (Read 840 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 17, 2015, 07:54:09 PM »

The office of the Attorney General hereby charges North Carolina Yankee with Rebellion, with Aiding of a Rebellion, with Terrorism, with Secession, and also with the Refutation of Federal Supremacy in Law under the terms of the .

The charges are defined by the Law as follows:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The Constitutional rules regarding trials are also reproduced here:

Current rules (as provided by Law) on the admissibility of evidence also follow:

I formally request that the Supreme Court promptly assigns to this trial a Justice, that it summons a legally constituted Jury and that I may be permitted to present evidence so that the Justice may appropriately determine its admissibility.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 02:05:21 PM »

Your honour, in order that the trial of this notorious criminal may so proceed, I present the following as evidence of a potential breach of the law:

Atlasian law defines Secession as:

Given the context of the debate the above comments by North Carolina Yankee constitute, in the view of the Department of Justice, a potential breach of the law serious enough to warrant trial.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 10:44:53 PM »

Then entire context of that quote is warning against creating an environment where there is no recourse to prevent Sawx from making himself King, or TNF from making himself Premier.

Also it is a Senate debate thread about a future state of being that doesn't exist, namely a dissolved Atlasia. It in no way endorses such treason in the present or the future and stands in opposition to the framework that will render such unstoppable in the future.

I move this case, this perversion of justice, be dismissed immediately.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 01:32:23 AM »

So, if I say "someone could point a gun at someone and fire," I'm guilty of murder?

The mere mention of a crime isn't committing that crime itself. There's nothing it what Yankee said that would indicate that his statement is a threat. I'd go as far as to say it's a warning that it might cause rebellion--as in, an anti-rebellion statement. No matter what, there is no way whatsoever to call Yankee's statement illegal. The only potential breach of the law here is the Attorney General's waste of forum space while there's a communist revolution in the Midwest.

At least, that's my mostly unqualified and completely unsolicited opinion on this "court case."
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 01:40:44 AM »

So, if I say "someone could point a gun at someone and fire," I'm guilty of murder?

The mere mention of a crime isn't committing that crime itself. There's nothing it what Yankee said that would indicate that his statement is a threat. I'd go as far as to say it's a warning that it might cause rebellion--as in, an anti-rebellion statement. No matter what, there is no way whatsoever to call Yankee's statement illegal. The only potential breach of the law here is the Attorney General's waste of forum space while there's a communist revolution in the Midwest.

At least, that's my mostly unqualified and completely unsolicited opinion on this witch hunt.

Fixed Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 09:51:58 AM »

And note that the grand defenders of 'Atlasia' act in such a way as to destroy its very procedures and ways of operating.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 09:58:53 AM »

Amicus brief:

I note that the following law exists
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Contempt_of_Court_Act

Furthermore I note that there is a case discussion thread that exists for a reason
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies