Need some Personal Help
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:00:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Need some Personal Help
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need some Personal Help  (Read 677 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 17, 2015, 11:43:38 PM »
« edited: July 17, 2015, 11:49:53 PM by Free Bird »

Hey guys. I just applied for a cashier job at Target. It isn't my first time making money, it's just that my eBay business finally went belly up. Assuming I get called for an interview, I am scared Inksless. Where do I go? What do I do, I keep thinking to myself. I am kinda awkward around unfamiliar people, and cannot stand still for long. Even if I get the job, I fear I'll mess up after the training. The anxiety is killing me. Has anyone else worked this position? Any advice, Atlas? How does the training go down? What is it actually like on the job? Any advice is heavily appreciated. I really want to have a CONSISTENT income, but I'm paralyzed with fear at the prospect of doing something wrong or being shunned. I seriously need peace of mind before my anxiety turns me into another Dear Friend.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 12:14:33 AM »

First of all, calm down.  You'll be a cashier at Target, not doing something important like driving a truck or baby sitting.  Target is a like, 4 steps above Wal Mart, sure, but they still don't expect a lot out of the cashiers.  Just do your best, be polite, shower regularly, you'll be fine.  I'm kind of shy myself but I bagged groceries and worked at Subway, never really got over my shyness, but I also oddly generally enjoyed working with customers.  Most people aren't giant assholes (I know that can be hard to believe after spending 10 minutes here) and even the ones that are can be laughed at once they leave the store.  (never laugh at an asshole to their face when they are a customer of yours)

tl:dr-calm down, it's just Target.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 12:29:58 AM »

well then you came to the right place son.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 06:30:04 AM »

Do you need help getting set up for the interview? Retail job interviews are generally really fast and really easy.
Panda Express

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 08:01:36 AM »

I worked at Target for about a year when I was your age. Seriously, it's very easy. You'll master "cashiering" within a week. Just don't talk about tax code reform at the checkout aisle.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 09:00:08 AM »

Do you need help getting set up for the interview? Retail job interviews are generally really fast and really easy.

Thanks, but those are generally well established thanks to a communication class I took
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 09:01:45 AM »

And no, this isn't going to be the start of a sequel to the greatest story of all time. Let's get that idea out of the way now.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 04:06:45 PM »

"Plastic or paper?"

"Paper"

"Hack!! Sorry, force of habit"
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 04:27:55 PM »

I've worked at Target, Whole Foods, and a couple of local grocery stores. Just keep focus on how utterly unimportant this interview is and you will do fine.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 10:50:22 AM »

Security work at the lowest level involves like no interaction at all, and if you have an Internet connection, you can just spend your shifts posting on here!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies