For how long must we go on like this?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:08:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  For how long must we go on like this?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: For how long must we go on like this?  (Read 351 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 17, 2015, 11:56:35 PM »

Right, with all I've seen today it may very well be now or never.

Beyond the usual arguments of the game been suffering from a slow death, the fact is that regional governments are paralized and empty, the federal government is inactive and increasingly irrelevant and, to add the cherry on top, we have a communist revolution being orchestrated by players who believe that this game will crumble like a house of cards within a single shot, and much as I loathe the revolution they do have a point.

And so I ask, for how long are we to go on like this, suffering this slow death as we pretend Atlasia is doing fine?

Gentlemen, this revolution has to be crushed, and it will be crushed if the administration finds the will to do so. But crushing it will not solve anything. We have discussed thing over and over again and most of us have concluded dissolving that game is not practical (nor would it pass the Senate), that constitutional amendments take way too long and that doing nothing will only doom us.

It is a fact that we can only save Atlasia by making it interesting again, because it's boring as hell and it turns people off rather than being a place where you want to be. What choice do we have but a Constitutional Convention now that all other options seem discredited? Ideas have been proposed over the past days (like strengthening the game moderation aspect of Atlasia and so on) to be discussed, and there is merit on them. I fail to see a credible alternative to that.

I for one do not look forward to having weeks and weeks pile up as we do nothing, while complaining about doing nothing, as we neglect the way of doing something. I would suggest that instead of flooding the voters with electoral messages we actually lobby and message them to ask them for their signature and get something done. (And I am being perfectly serious, because I know there people talented and skilled enough for that)

We have a chance, gentlemen. I suggest we actually take advantage of said chance.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 12:07:56 AM »

I agree completely, and I'm glad you've realized, as I have, that it's the best way to enact reforms legally.

However, I don't think anyone has been pretending it's doing fine. Being skeptical to radical change isn't the same as wanting to keep the status quo. But that's just minor quibbles, I can certainly get behind the point of your post.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 12:27:20 AM »

Who knows?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 03:09:16 AM »

Parliament based game, and if we need it in a new country. Although part of this decline has to be linked to the overall decline of Atlas as a forum
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies