Trump goes one step too far (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:40:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump goes one step too far (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump goes one step too far  (Read 10892 times)
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« on: July 18, 2015, 11:51:23 AM »

Maybe 2 or 3..

Trump on McCain: "He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured."

Donald Trump is a vile, disgusting human being. Putting politics aside, John McCain served his country with honor and dignity, what he had to endure is far more than the typical person has to in a lifetime.

dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 02:28:34 PM »

Trump is right. McCain is a despicable fraud, who was only in that plane because his daddy was an admiral, who has built his entire career on his POW status, and has used his power to do nothing but advocate for more wars and attack soldiers and veterans.  Glad someone is finally calling him out. Of course his fanboys in the beltway press will coming running to his defense.

Also hilarious what the mainstream media's priorities are: attacking the first black president? meh. Calling Mexicans rapists? eh. Insulting our beloved maverick JOHN MCCAIN? What an OUTRAGE

Donald Trump is only successful because Daddy was a multi millionaire, he built his entire career on the help of government and his status as a loud-mouth, he's done nothing but go into bankruptcy, and he's advocated for surrender in the middle east. That's because the Donald is clueless on foreign policy, as he is on economic policy and immigration.

The mainstream media is going to attribute the Donald's comments to all Republicans. It's disgusting.

Trump needs to shut up and contribute something to society for a change.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 02:48:02 PM »

What utter scum. Also Trump on the Catholics and our Mass: "drink my little wine, have my little cracker".

On a human level, I think what Mr. Trump said about Catholics was vile.

Politically, I can tell you that catholics have voted for President Obama twice after voting for President Bush twice. We need to win the catholic vote if we want to win in 2016, and mocking someone's faith is not the way to do that.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 03:33:01 PM »

Trump is right. McCain is a despicable fraud, who was only in that plane because his daddy was an admiral, who has built his entire career on his POW status, and has used his power to do nothing but advocate for more wars and attack soldiers and veterans.  Glad someone is finally calling him out. Of course his fanboys in the beltway press will coming running to his defense.

Also hilarious what the mainstream media's priorities are: attacking the first black president? meh. Calling Mexicans rapists? eh. Insulting our beloved maverick JOHN MCCAIN? What an OUTRAGE

Donald Trump is only successful because Daddy was a multi millionaire, he built his entire career on the help of government and his status as a loud-mouth, he's done nothing but go into bankruptcy, and he's advocated for surrender in the middle east. That's because the Donald is clueless on foreign policy, as he is on economic policy and immigration.

The mainstream media is going to attribute the Donald's comments to all Republicans. It's disgusting.

Trump needs to shut up and contribute something to society for a change.

Do you realize Lief is just trolling?

Yes
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 04:13:38 PM »

Mitt Romney:

"The difference between @senjohnmccain and @realdonaldtrump: Trump shot himself down. McCain and American veterans are true heroes"

https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/622478894881505281

Mitt Romney was not my first choice for President in 2012 (that would be Newt Gingrich) but he would have been a good President, and this statement shows that he has integrity that no one can question.

But he was happy to take Trump's endorsement in 2012.

True. Trump is a flip-flop though. In 2008, he called McCain a "smart man" and called the Clinton's "good friends." He also said that he had a lot of respect for Barack Obama then.

dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 04:34:15 PM »

What is wrong with you people? Prisoners of war are "despicable" to you?

Not all of them, certainly. But John McCain surely is.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Donald Trump:
- Divorced twice
- Wasn't there for his younger daughter
- Committed adultery
- Pro-Choice
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 10:14:40 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2015, 10:19:46 PM by dudeabides »

Donald Trump:
- Divorced twice
- Committed adultery
- Pro-Choice

Two of those things are not characteristic of a despicable person (divorce and adultery). The latter detail (pro-choice) is actually quite the opposite. Men who would restrict female autonomy due to their mythological beliefs are absolutely despicable.

No, they very much are...

Divorce is not "despicable" in the slightest. Are you so prude you want to enforce Victorian era marriage conventions on society?

No. There are instances where divorce is necessary. But this guy can't win the catholic vote if he first bashes catholics and then has all this baggage.

Also, in a world like this where we are seeing divorce left and right, having a President who has been with the same spouse for decades because they love each other and not an arrangement would be nice. I don't have anything against people divorcing, I just find it sad so many find they have to divorce.

Donald Trump:
- Divorced twice
- Committed adultery
- Pro-Choice

Just pointing out that McCain is also a divorcé who committed adultery and has a rather inconsistent voting record on "defending human life." He also let his youngest daughter get dragged through the mud in the worst ways possible during the 2000 Republican primary. Trump's comments were inexcusable but this isn't a very good path to go down.

The attacks on McCain's daughter in 2000 were horrible, but he didn't allow her to be attacked, he didn't have a choice - she was.

Donald Trump:
- Divorced twice
- Committed adultery
- Pro-Choice

Two of those things are not characteristic of a despicable person (divorce and adultery). The latter detail (pro-choice) is actually quite the opposite. Men who would restrict female autonomy due to their mythological beliefs are absolutely despicable.

I don't believe divorce or adultery are despicable.

For most candidates, I really don't care. But Trump has brought other people's marriages into the equation. He said Jeb Bush is soft on illegal immigration because his wife is Mexican, and he said Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband, and therefore can't satisfy the country. So, if Trump is going to get personal about folks, I don't see why others shouldn't be personal towards him. The man is not loyal to his wives or his country for that matter.

Secondly, the right to life is a very personal issue. I happen to believe that life begins at conception . I am fine with birth control and while I recognize there are extreme circumstances where abortion may occur, I am pro-life and don't believe abortion, in most instances, should be legal. However, ultimately, this is a state issue.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 11:09:10 PM »

Donald Trump:
- Divorced twice
- Committed adultery
- Pro-Choice

No, they very much are...

Divorce is not "despicable" in the slightest. Are you so prude you want to enforce Victorian era marriage conventions on society?

How on Earth is adultery not despicable?

I disapprove of adultery as a general rule, but you never know what goes on with people.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 02:44:08 PM »

"Between the illegal immigrant quote and now this, we have a window into his soul and the way he thinks. It's not a pretty picture." - Lindsey Graham

Should that bloodthirsty old queen really be commenting on the darkness of other people's souls?

There are a few issues where I disagree with Lindsey Graham, but I know he is a good person. He has served his country in uniform, and for that I respect him. That is more than I can say about Donald Trump. Also, like everyone else running in both parties, Lindsey has a much higher I.Q. than Donald Dump.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies