People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Classic Conservative (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:17:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Classic Conservative (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Classic Conservative  (Read 1071 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: July 20, 2015, 10:04:44 PM »

Excuse my interruption, but if I remember correctly, when Harry organized a militia in Mideast, the administration asked him to disband.

Just for the record (though I suppose it doesn't really matter, since this case has been dismissed and Atlasia might not be around much longer), I never received a direct order to disband my militia. At the time, the Lumine Administration directed private militia companies to dissolve unless they were organized according to the laws of their respective Regions; I subsequently received authorization from Sec. of State Superique to remain active, but ended up disbanding about a day later anyways.

To clarify, what about regional militias (ie: militias commanded by the regional governors per their constitutions, similar to National Guard units)? In the Mideast, a number of citizens have volunteered to serve in temporary militia companies under the command of Governor TDAS04. As the governor has assumed responsibility for these units, certainly they would not be lumped in with the extralegal militias in question?

Yes, maybe we should make things clearer. Due to the recent developments with regards to militias, we will respect the Regionally-supervised militias; we will not interfere on its regional duties. Nonetheless, this Administration still desires compliance with the rule of law and we will not accept militias in territories where they don't have legal basis to exist. There are some Regional Constitutions across Atlasia that doesn't support this sort of militia, which is not the case of the Mideast. Moreover, we would still like to say that we are not absolutely sure if those sort of militias are the most effective way to fight against those terrorist groups and we hope that the Regional Governments offer this militias with appropriate training before any conflict is started.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies