People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Classic Conservative (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:33:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Classic Conservative (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: People of the Republic of Atlasia vs. Classic Conservative  (Read 1066 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: July 18, 2015, 04:16:07 PM »

We'll be reviewing both this and the Yankee case and making a decision shortly.

The problem here is that the No More Witchunts Act (2015), thankfully, granted the Court to dismiss frivilous cases against individuals where -

You must be logged in to read this quote.

But the Attorney General "demonstrating" a violation of the law seems to be fairly vague. In Yankee's case, for example, it seems to be that the best way to move forward is for Al to demonstrate in what manner Yankee may have committed a high crime, likewise in this case. Our discretion is fairly limited.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 04:24:25 PM »

I understand that, but as I said we really don't have a lot of discretion in what cases to take on.

Are militias even legal? TNF may well be in the wrong (we'd need a case for that, too) but that doesn't mean you can necessarily go around ordering a bunch of lunatics with guns to "defend the border".
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 04:44:55 PM »

Okay, thanks. Give us a couple of days. Thinks are a bit hectic at the moment as you might imagine.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 09:18:00 PM »

I'm going to take it that these are de facto dropped (this & the Yankee case) in light of the Attorney General's resignation. If his successor should wish to continue we can do that but otherwise I don't see much point in continuing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies