Resignation Statement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:30:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Resignation Statement
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Resignation Statement  (Read 351 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 27, 2015, 01:28:19 AM »

It looks like, according to the results published that I've lost my the thinnest of margins. I had a lead on the first preferences, which I'm very grateful for. I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me, and everyone who gave me a 2nd or 3rd preference. I'd like to also thank everyone who endorsed me, and also everyone who voted-Atlasian elections are kept alive by these fine traditions.

I've seen that Oakvale has threatened to take legal action over the results, and take the matters to court. If this had been another day I would have joined him, as it seems to be another Northeast Election that comes down to a single ballot, in difficult circumstances. Friends, part of me wants to fight for this but I must and will respect the decision of CJO Ciync. I will make no legal challenge to the results published, and I hereby concede the race to Governor Pikachu. I'm sure he'll do a good job.

On the wider point, it would be impossible to notice this campaign. I had record low levels of support from labor voters, and Oakvale to all his respect managed to get clear support running on a platform off ending Atlasia. The fact that respected figures, such as Polnut, Bore and DemPgh voted for Oakvale showed that there is widespread anger. I've been thinking about this for a while, about what we can do. The answer in my view is simple-end Atlasia. I fear we're going to turn into the proverbial emperor who is fighting over no clothes. People are no longer interested in Atlasia to the levels of when I joined only 7 months ago. A constitutional convention may solve some issues, but it won't change the fact that this game has become toxic. I've always wanted reform, I've always felt that we should fight for Atlasia-but there appears to be nothing left to fight for.

For this reason I hereby tender my resignation as Senator and Speaker. My heart isn't in the Senate-I had intended to resign after the At-Large election but I simply cannot continue with my heart not in. I was always going to break away from Atlasia in October, but I think it's time for an early split. Again I thank everyone who voted for me, and who supported me. I'm aware that I may have let you down with this decision, but I feel there's nothing more I can do.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 02:57:54 AM »

NO! Sad
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 05:07:55 AM »

This is awful Sad
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 06:57:19 AM »

Please reconsider.  I know your emotions are raw right now, but your talents are needed in the Senate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies