Blair 4 Governor: Real Leadership for the Northeast
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:35:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Blair 4 Governor: Real Leadership for the Northeast
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blair 4 Governor: Real Leadership for the Northeast  (Read 1427 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 19, 2015, 09:34:56 AM »
« edited: July 27, 2015, 01:28:33 AM by Senator Blair »

Running for Governor

'We're at war in Atlasia. This is not the time for long drawn out speeches, this is not the time for rhetoric and this is not the time for party politics. The very future of our society is at risk, from inactivity and more recently from armed rebellion. It's with regret that Governor Sawx was forced from office but this is time for real leadership in the Northeast. Our federal Government has refused to act, and appears to be pushing itself off the cliff. We need an experienced, active and strong Governor to protect our region from the aggressive communist cult that is trying to enslave Atlasia.

I'm going to be blunt friends, I am the unity candidate in this race. I am the experienced candidate in this race. I am the only candidate in this race who can provide real leadership at the time when Atlasia needs it most. Whether you're from the left, right, centre, TPP, labor, Civic Renewal, the federalists or an independent now is the time for leadership. Lets save our fine region from the abyss
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 09:39:22 AM »

can the senate afford to lose its speaker at this juncture? you know, while going through at least two impeachment proceedings?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 09:43:37 AM »

can the senate afford to lose its speaker at this juncture? you know, while going through at least two impeachment proceedings?

Well I'm confident that all of the other senators have the capacity to serve as Speaker. When I took up the speakership I never expected this to happen, and when it did I expected that we'd have Sawx or Bore to help defend the Northeast. It's clear at this stage that's the last remaining government action is in the Senate, and I'm sure this could continue if I manage to get elected
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 09:56:09 AM »

Well I'm confident that all of the other senators have the capacity to serve as Speaker. When I took up the speakership I never expected this to happen, and when it did I expected that we'd have Sawx or Bore to help defend the Northeast. It's clear at this stage that's the last remaining government action is in the Senate, and I'm sure this could continue if I manage to get elected

If nothing else, wouldn't you agree that a speaker election in the midst of two impeachment proceedings would be chaotic and a distraction?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 09:58:18 AM »

If nothing else, wouldn't you agree that a speaker election in the midst of two impeachment proceedings would be chaotic and a distraction?

No, in the event of me winning the longest serving Senator which is Polnut would become Speaker and then hopefully Senator Cris would run and win-he got 4 votes last time and he'd make a fine Speaker.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 03:38:39 PM »

Endorsed! Good luck.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 01:15:26 PM »

'Friends, you won't find me standing on an aircraft carrier, with a large banner declaring that our struggle is over. The Federal Government, and President Bore have ordered troops to attack TNF's forces in the Midwest. I'm extremely proud that the Senate was able to spring into action, and lobby for this action. The Senate just passed this bill , which ordered and coordinated our military and militia's. This has been the 3rd time in the last year that our brave troops have had to be used to defend the Northeast, and I'm sure that all our committed to this principle.

For this reason as Governor I'd want to strengthen the Northeast's National Guard. I'd do this firstly by launching a full review into the state of out troops, and also coordinate with the Federal Government to have some sort of system in place to work together if this happens again. Secondly I'd want to invest in our national guard with a $50 million boost to ensure that our troops have the best tools possible to defend the region. Likewise I'd want to see an expansion in equipment for the troops, to ensure that they're best protected to defend the region. Of course these provisions will fall under civilian oversight, and will be in line with the police reforms I pushed through the Senate. Finally I fully support the legislation introduced that gives the Governor the power to appoint a prosecutor-I'd even support creating up a Regional District Attorney for the Northeast-this way we can prosecute people who seek to destroy our fine republic. The first job of a Governor should be to defend the region. Both Sawx and Pikachu have done a fine job of this, but I believe that now is the time for new leadership in the Northeast that strengthens our troops, and ensure that our region stays as the proud home of the free.

We live in dangerous times in Atlasia. It's my hope, that with these reforms we can live in a safer, Democratic society,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security Reforms
1.) A $50 million emergency boost in funding for the National Guard
2.) Provisions for new equipment and support for Troops
3.) Creating the office of Regional District Attorney, to balance out the legal system.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 04:25:22 PM »

Endorsed!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 04:33:42 PM »

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 05:34:36 AM »

'Ever since I've served in the Northeast Assembly back in January I've always believed that policy should play a big part of Atlasia. In these difficult times there's the problem that campaigns have become devoid of any real political debate, that they become sterile and in turn they contribute to the decline of Atlasia. As I've said in the pat we need bold reforms to give the Northeast a boost-not big government but big reforms, not big spending but long term sustainable investment. I have great faith in the Northeast Assembly, it's always been an active legislative body. But as Governor, I want to do something bold. We need to take a lead in the Northeast, and give policy a boost.

The problem facing Atlasia, has always been that we like producing a lot of bills about rather well abstract details, I'm just as guilty of that and there's nothing wrong with that. But as Governor I want to take a role in streamlining, and making our policy clear. For this reason, if I'm elected as Governor I'll open a policy forum on key areas such as Education and Health to ensure that our regional government can have a joined up policy. I'll speak to Assembly members, and introduce legislation with their support that introduces a new charter on Health and Education. These are two issues that I have campaigned on, and worked on throughout my time in Atlasia. We need a single education policy that is clear to voters, and clear to citizens of the Northeast. A education policy that puts students first, that gives our students the best opportunity at university and an education policy that caters to every student from the son of a bus driver in New York City to the son of a surgeon in Boston.

We need to reinvent government, so that it works for the people of the Northeast. This means taking the big steps to ensure that Atlasia remains healthy. As I've said so many times over the last month the only way we're going to save Atlasia is by being active, and I'm the active choice in this race for governor. I'll take my experience in the Senate and the Assembly to lead the Northeast. If we fail to change how we govern we simply won't be able to govern
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 07:16:01 AM »

mr senator. how do you feel about the fact that your disgusting anti-reformist witchhunt has ended in the resignation of one of the best presidents atlasia has ever had?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 08:35:31 AM »

mr senator. how do you feel about the fact that your disgusting anti-reformist witchhunt has ended in the resignation of one of the best presidents atlasia has ever had?

I'm not anti-reformist, I've never been anti-reformist. I'm hardly leading a witch hunt, considering the articles where introduced by other members of the Senate from a whole range of parties. I really don't get what people want, they complain about the Senate being an unpopular useless branch of government that doesn't do anything and then when it acts in the National Interest they get upset. Of course I'm sad that Nix left, I never wanted him to leave the game. I don't think that someone's past service as President should somehow make them less removable from office-in my view if you've been here a month or 5 years you should still carry out the same standards.

You know it would of been easy for me to nothing over the weekend, literally I could of done nothing. I could have watched, and refused to allow anything to come through the Senate. The executive was made up of my own party, TNF was from my own party the logical thing would be to sit back and say 'who cares it's over'. That's not leadership to be, and I think the majority of the people in this game can respect that you have to make hard decisions. You can't just sit back, and say 'oh he was a great President' lets get him off the hook. I made my feelings well know in the impeachment process, I asked questions, I gave Nix a chance to actually have a dialogue. If your idea of leadership would have been for me to do nothing and watch Atlasia burn then quite frankly I think I've done alright over the weekend. I don't really know what you want me to do, you said I should spend more time in the Senate and now your criticizing me for doing something in the Senate
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 09:47:09 PM »

Endorsed by former Northeast Governor Winfield.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 05:55:21 AM »

Endorsed by former Northeast Governor Winfield.

Much Appreciated
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 03:46:03 PM »

Just a reminded to everyone in the Northeast to go out and vote today. Vote for leadership, experience and vision for the Northeast. With your help we can help restart the Atlasian Dream!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2015, 03:47:09 AM »

Good luck.
Looks like you are the only that ran a real campaign. In the last days you have been a great example of real leadership and I wish you the best.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 01:22:53 AM »

It looks like, according to the results published that I've lost my the thinnest of margins. I had a lead on the first preferences, which I'm very grateful for. I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me, and everyone who gave me a 2nd or 3rd preference. I'd like to also thank everyone who endorsed me, and also everyone who voted-Atlasian elections are kept alive by these fine traditions.

I've seen that Oakvale has threatened to take legal action over the results, and take the matters to court. If this had been another day I would have joined him, as it seems to be another Northeast Election that comes down to a single ballot, in difficult circumstances. Friends, part of me wants to fight for this but I must and will respect the decision of CJO Ciync. I will make no legal challenge to the results published, and I hereby concede the race to Governor Pikachu. I'm sure he'll do a good job.

On the wider point, it would be impossible to notice this campaign. I had record low levels of support from labor voters, and Oakvale to all his respect managed to get clear support running on a platform off ending Atlasia. The fact that respected figures, such as Polnut, Bore and DemPgh voted for Oakvale showed that there is widespread anger. I've been thinking about this for a while, about what we can do. The answer in my view is simple-end Atlasia. I fear we're going to turn into the proverbial emperor who is fighting over no clothes. People are no longer interested in Atlasia to the levels of when I joined only 7 months ago. A constitutional convention may solve some issues, but it won't change the fact that this game has become toxic. I've always wanted reform, I've always felt that we should fight for Atlasia-but there appears to be nothing left to fight for.

For this reason I hereby tender my resignation as Senator and Speaker. My heart isn't in the Senate-I had intended to resign after the At-Large election but I simply cannot continue with my heart not in. I was always going to break away from Atlasia in October, but I think it's time for an early split. Again I thank everyone who voted for me, and who supported me. I'm aware that I may have let you down with this decision, but I feel there's nothing more I can do.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 01:46:23 AM »

You earned the respect and support of a number of voters that two weeks ago, would have been unthinkable. You lost some as well that would have been solid by that same token though.

That is the thing though, the partisan barriers, the ones that are supposed to be the immutable rocks on which reform always dies, they change by the day. They shift constantly now in reaction to who is offering strong leadership. The actions taken in the Senate and the active campaign were tremendously effective in winning votes that would have seemed impossible. Yes there was a one vote defeat, but remember we had the Modcare leaks explode last week, and two key players were banned. Very few were focused on Atlasia during that time period as many were focused on trying to get justice for Griffin and BK.

By the same token, everytime we seem to be moving in a good direction, someone gets banned and a bunch of other people lose interest. That is precisely why this game has failed. You are right, interest levels are way down and until we restore that collectively, this game is only going to further decline. If we will it collectively, it will happen though.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 02:09:12 AM »

You earned the respect and support of a number of voters that two weeks ago, would have been unthinkable. You lost some as well that would have been solid by that same token though.

That is the thing though, the partisan barriers, the ones that are supposed to be the immutable rocks on which reform always dies, they change by the day. They shift constantly now in reaction to who is offering strong leadership. The actions taken in the Senate and the active campaign were tremendously effective in winning votes that would have seemed impossible. Yes there was a one vote defeat, but remember we had the Modcare leaks explode last week, and two key players were banned. Very few were focused on Atlasia during that time period as many were focused on trying to get justice for Griffin and BK.

By the same token, everytime we seem to be moving in a good direction, someone gets banned and a bunch of other people lose interest. That is precisely why this game has failed. You are right, interest levels are way down and until we restore that collectively, this game is only going to further decline. If we will it collectively, it will happen though.

I don't know who is driven by that.

I outlined my reasons for this vote. But I SERIOUSLY urge the Senator to reconsider his actions.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2015, 02:12:08 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2015, 02:25:18 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I don't know who is driven by that.

I outlined my reasons for this vote. But I SERIOUSLY urge the Senator to reconsider his actions.

My point was that it was distracting and may have led to a lower turnout, especially for laborites angry about Griffin's ban.

Also Griffin was in the NE and would have voted for Blair if not banned.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2015, 11:33:49 AM »

It seems kike I'm too late but I strongly urge you to reregesiter. Both of us managed to finish over oakvale, and quite frankly, if it weren't for a few things outside of your control (Griffin's banning, Clyde being away, some AAD posters coming back to vote), you would've won. We need every person we can get, and I hope you consider coming back.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2015, 03:07:42 PM »

Off the record I should have handled this much better.

I ran for Governor, frankly because I wanted something to put my mind towards , and thought it would be a good change of pace. After some checks I thought that I'd lose, and I decided that if I lost I'd bow out of Atlasia. I've got uni coming up in September, and I didn't want to have to commit to full stretch in Atlasia. Things have just gotten so sterile around here for the last month, I just didn't fancy having to continue as a Senator of nothing.  Literally the impeachment, the massive lose of players, Griff's Ban, the clear decline and the lack of enjoyment on my part meant that I felt I could no longer me part of this
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies