POST HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED AS A MOD (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:53:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  POST HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED AS A MOD (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: POST HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED AS A MOD  (Read 71200 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: July 19, 2015, 11:01:45 AM »

Please note that there is no official need for a new moderator - it is entirely possible we might replace Sawx with another current moderator - but the fact is that literally a dozen people have already made their interest known to be considered as sawx's replacement. Since this is already happening anyway, I would like to open the door for everyone to apply even if they aren't comfortable with sending unsolicited PM's to moderators about it.

Serious applicants only please. Applicants, list reasons why you would be a good moderator (like a resume or something) to distinguish yourself.

Also if anyone knows any reason why any candidate would be a terrible moderator, please let us know. I would rather not see a repeat of the last incident.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 01:58:09 AM »

hello yes I would like to apply for the newly vacant position of moderator

I have eight years of experience moderating a discussion forum dedicated to political cartography. In particular, my past experience includes timeline, forum community, and upcoming presidential elections.

Also, please note that I have a signed recommendation letter from the former moderator who I seek to replace
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 11:15:24 AM »

I think it would be a great show of humility and a step towards healing this community if Leip appointed someone who opposed opebo's banning. The forum was split 50-50 on it, and yet the moderator team apparently supported it unanimously. It's this sort of out-of-step arrogance and unwillingness to engage with the forum community that's caused the moderation staff on here to be such a destructive and negative presence.

Reading through the leaked modcave stuff reminded me that one moderator actually opposed banning opebo, he was just out of town the week we voted.

Sorry to ruin your villainous image of him but that moderator was Torie
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 09:13:33 AM »

lol this thread
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length