POST HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED AS A MOD (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:20:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  POST HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED AS A MOD (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: POST HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED AS A MOD  (Read 71176 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: July 19, 2015, 04:05:28 PM »

I'll volunteer interest in becoming a moderator.

I've been a member of the community for nearly three years now and have not caused nearly as much trouble as some of our more prominent members. Past moderators here have been personality-based ones that are prone to attracting attention to themselves while on the job, and that can be a detriment for them and the community at-large. An effective mod needs to have a balanced temperament and not dish out on their grudges once they acquire power. I would hope that my reputation on the forum has reflected that; I'm not known for starting fights and I believe that I get along well with most on here. Regarding past moderating experience, I have been a mod or admin in several forums over the years, including a relatively large one of over 6,000 members. I have also moderated several chats on places like Mibbit, Xat, and Skype. Everyone knows that malicious posters must be handled swiftly, but they aren't usually as much of a problem as the quality of posts. The 2016 board doesn't need as many celebratory circlejerks for hacks and their candidates, nor does the Individual Politics board need rankings of all presidents every two months. I regularly browse these sections, so I know what's going on there. Redundancy and spam have hurt the forum, and I would mainly focus on curbing those things. Everything I have heard from the Modcave suggests that the team is disjointed and works slowly, so I would also do my part to facilitate discussion and bring unity as much as I can.

Thank you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies