Office of Northeast CJO cinyc (June Northern Election Results Posted)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:56:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Northeast CJO cinyc (June Northern Election Results Posted)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Office of Northeast CJO cinyc (June Northern Election Results Posted)  (Read 9290 times)
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2015, 02:42:42 PM »

Mr. Chief Judicial Officer (is that your official title?), I have something that should be on the ballot for the next election:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2015, 03:32:16 PM »

Mr. Chief Judicial Officer (is that your official title?), I have something that should be on the ballot for the next election:

Thanks.  This will be on the ballot in November.  I'll check the constitution to give the specific dates.  It's probably the weekend before Thanksgiving.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2015, 08:13:06 PM »

Actually, isn't this the wording?

cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2015, 08:46:16 PM »

Amendment elections are to be held the second weekend of the month in November and December.  So the election will be held the weekend of November 13-15.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2015, 11:56:26 PM »

Sample ballot for this weekend's election:

[ ] Aye
[ ] Nay[/quote]
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2015, 07:55:59 AM »

Actually, isn't this the wording?

Yes, my bad. I must have copied the wrong one.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2015, 11:57:10 PM »

I've posted the voting booth for the November Constitutional Amendment election.  It is available here.  It technically doesn't open until midnight, so please don't vote in the next few minutes, or your vote will be invalid.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2015, 12:38:29 AM »

Official Results - Northeast November Amendment Election

Total voters: 13
Invalid votes:
-Pessimistic Antineutrino (Failed Activity Requirements)
Total Valid Voters: 12

Amending the Bill of Rights: 3 Aye, 8 Nay.
The amendment fails.

x CJO cinyc
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2015, 09:29:03 AM »

That is unfortunate.

Luckily, the Religious Freedom law that I wrote should be sufficient until we can write a new and improved amendment.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2015, 12:45:12 AM »

Sample ballot for this weekend's election.  As usual, please inform me of any errors or omissions in this thread:
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2015, 11:27:22 PM »

I've posted the voting booth for the December election.  It is available here.  Please note that the voting booth is currently locked, as the election does not start until Midnight.  I will unlock the booth when the clock nears Midnight.  When I do, please do not vote before Midnight or your vote will be invalid.

I also will remind you that under current Northeast law, any edit made to your vote at ANY time will render it invalid.  So please preview your ballot to make sure it is correct before posting it.

The voting booth slightly differs from the sample ballot posted yesterday, as ClarkKent registered as an Independent today.  The change reflects his new party status.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2015, 01:08:45 AM »

My unofficial election results have 19 votes cast but only 18 valid voters.  TexasDemocrat is a Southerner, not a Northeasterner, so his or her vote is invalid.  Thus, the quota is 4.  Only Clyde1998 exeeded that quota and got elected on the first ballot with 6 votes.  His surplus goes to Poirot (1), RGN08 (.333) and Exhausted (.667), putting nobody over the quota on the second ballot.  Poirot has the lowest number of votes after the second ballot and is eliminated, making dkrolga, Enduro, RGN08 and ClarkKent deemed elected.

But this result depends on the SoFE's certification of valid voters on the activity requirement - which is a federal determination that is applied to Northeast elections.  Only Dallasfan65 seems close to missing the activity requirement, but I think he barely squeaks by.  That will be up to Homelycooking to determine, though, and I can't certify the results until after he does his analysis. 

If Dallasfan65's vote is invalid, the quota would drop to 3, which would alter my analysis (but probably not the result).  Dallasfan65 didn't vote for anyone on the ballot, only writing in a "name" that doesn't exist.  But that still counts as a vote for quota purposes.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2015, 07:11:09 PM »
« Edited: December 14, 2015, 07:13:41 PM by cinyc »

Official Results - Northeast December 2015 General Election

Total voters: 19
Invalid votes:
-TexasDemocrat (Non-Northeast Resident)

Total Valid Voters: 18

Northeast Representative
Quota = integer[18/(5+1) + 1] = integer[3 + 1] = 4

No Northeasterner not on the ballot wrote themselves in or declared in the official delcaration thread.  Votes for all other persons or protests will not be counted and preferences ignored.

First Preference Count:
Enduro 3 (Enduro, JoMCar, Poirot)
ClarkKent 2 (ClarkKent, cinyc)
Clyde1998 6 (Alfred F. Jones, Clyde1998, DemPGH, SomebodyWhoExists, bore, oakvale)
dkrolga 4 (dkrolga, Winfield, pikachu, Blair2015)
RGN08 2 (RGN08, SNJ1985)
Poirot 0
Exhausted 1 (Dallasfan65)

Clyde1998 exceeds quota and is elected Northeast Representative.  Surplus is allocated to second preferences.  Transfer value = (6 - 4)/6 = .3333
Surplus transfered to:
Poirot (Alfred F. Jones, Clyde1998, bore) 3 x .33333 = 1
RGN08 (DemPGH) 1 x .3333 = .3333
Exhausted (SomebodyWhoExists, oakvale) 2 x .3333 = .6667

Second Count:
Enduro 3
ClarkKent 2
Clyde1998 4 (Elected)
dkrolga 4
RGN08 2.3333
Poirot 1
Exhausted 1.6667

Nobody exceeds quota.  Poirot eliminated.  dkrolga, Enduro, RGN08 and ClarkKent deemed elected.

Clyde1998, dkrolga, Enduro, RGN08 and ClarkKent elected Northeast Representatives.

x CJO cinyc
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2016, 06:39:48 PM »

A special election will be held next weekend (January 8-10) to fill the Assembly seat vacated by now Senator Kent.  Please declare by midnight Thursday.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2016, 12:22:54 AM »
« Edited: January 07, 2016, 07:08:36 PM by cinyc »

Preliminary Sample Ballot for this weekend's election. Please let me know if there are any errors or omissions:
[/quote]

Note that technically, there may still be time to declare candidacy and get on the ballot until the voting booth opens - though I'm not sure.  That's what I said the last time we had a special election.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2016, 11:20:15 PM »

I've posted the preliminary voting booth here.  It is currently locked and will be unlocked around midnight.  It technically is subject to change if someone declares in the next few minutes, but I doubt that will happen.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2016, 07:24:00 PM »

The Competitive Elections Amendment passed the Assembly at the end of last year.  A ratification vote will be held the weekend of January 22-24.

We also may have an Assembly special election upcoming when/if Clyde1998 gets confirmed as Registrar General and resigns his Assembly seat.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2016, 07:21:52 PM »

Official Results - Northeast January 2016 Assembly Special Election I

Invalid votes:
-None

Total Valid Voters: 13

Northeast Representative
Quota = integer[13/(1+1) + 1] = integer[6.5 + 1] = 7

No Northeasterner not on the ballot wrote themselves in or declared in the official delcaration thread.  Votes for all other persons or protests will not be counted and preferences ignored.

First Preference Count:
pikachu 10 (pikachu, Clyde1998, Winfield, dkrolga, cinyc, ClarkKent, Enduro, JoMCar, RGN08, Blair2015)
cxs018 2 (cxs018, Poirot)
Exhausted 1 (SNJ1985)

pikachu exceeds quota and is elected Northeast Representative.

x CJO cinyc
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2016, 07:38:21 PM »

There will be a number of special elections held during the next few weeks:

1) A special election to fill dkrolga's Assembly seat will be held this weekend, January 15-17.
2) A special election to fill Oakvale's regional senate seat will be held starting next Monday, January 18-20.
3) A Constitutional Amendment Ratification election will be held the following weekend,  January 22-24.

A special election to fill Clyde1998's Assembly seat will likely be held soon, too.  The date depends on when he is confirmed as Registrar General.  In the unlikely event he is confirmed today or tomorrow, the election will be held this weekend.  If he is confirmed before next Wednesday, the election will be held concurrent with the Constitutional Amendment Ratification election next weekend.  Otherwise, we may be holding 5 separate special elections this January or be holding another special election early February.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2016, 12:09:08 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2016, 08:52:11 PM by cinyc »

Preliminary Sample Ballot for this weekend's Assembly special election. The ballot is subject to change, as the deadline to declare is immediately before the election.  Please let me know if there are any errors or omissions:

cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2016, 11:44:52 PM »

I've posted the voting booth for this weekend's Assembly special election.  It is here.  Note that it is currently locked, as voting doesn't open for another 15 minutes.  It will be unlocked before the top of the hour.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2016, 08:49:41 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2016, 10:44:46 PM by cinyc »

Preliminary Sample Ballot for this Monday's Senate election. The ballot is subject to change, as the deadline to declare is immediately before the election.  Please let me know if there are any errors or omissions:

Note that I will be traveling this weekend, and may not be available to open the voting booth on Monday.  If I am not, I've asked Governor Blair to open the booth in my absence.  Thus, it is possible that the voting booth is not promptly opened at midnight.  If it is not, the voting booth will be held open for 72 hours from when the booth is opened, under the quirky rules of the senator special election law.  There technically is no requirement that a Senate special election be opened at midnight, but there is one that the booth be open for 72 hours.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2016, 11:04:12 PM »

I've posted the voting booth for Monday-Wednesday's Northeast regional Senator special election.  It is available here.  As usual, the thread is currently locked and will be opened closer to midnight.  Please do not vote before midnight or edit your vote after casting it or your vote will be invalid.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2016, 11:11:52 PM »
« Edited: January 18, 2016, 11:18:08 PM by cinyc »

Official Results - Northeast January 2016 Assembly Special Election II

Invalid votes:
-Poirot (Failed Activity Requirement)

Total Valid Voters: 12

Northeast Representative
Quota = integer[12/(1+1) + 1] = integer[6 + 1] = 7

Winfield and dkrolga wrote themselves in or declared in the official delcaration thread.  Voted for those candidates are counted.  Votes for all other persons or protests will not be counted and preferences ignored.

First Preference Count:
cxs018 9 (pikachu, Clyde1998, cxs018, JoMCaR, Enduro, ClarkKent, cinyc, RGN08, Blair2015)
Winfield 3 (dkrolga, Winfield, SNJ1985)
dkrolga 0

cxs018 exceeds quota and is elected Northeast Representative.

x CJO cinyc
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2016, 01:14:39 AM »

We will be holding another Assembly special election concurrent with the Constitutional Amendment vote this weekend.  The deadline to declare is 11:59:59 PM on Thursday.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies