Article of Impeachment Against Vice President Nix
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:10:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Article of Impeachment Against Vice President Nix
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Article of Impeachment Against Vice President Nix  (Read 6106 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 19, 2015, 01:08:09 PM »

Senators, articles of impeachment have been filed against Vice President Nix:

ARTICLE OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST VICE PRESIDENT NIX

Given that he had fled the country in the middle of national crisis and engaged in active actions to overthrow the Republic, he had clearly failed at his solemn oath to preserve, protect and defend the constitution of the Republic of Atlasia and is no longer fit to serve the office.

Therefore, Vice President Nix shall hereby be impeached and removed from office by the Senate of Atlasia.
I move to co-sponsor.
I also move to co-sponsor.

Please discuss the merits of this indictment.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 01:18:39 PM »

I would refer the Senate to this post:

I.

HAVANA, CUBA - The past week's events have convinced me that neither Nyman nor any other part of Atlasia is safe. I have re-established my office at an undisclosed address in Cuba for the time being.

Should Attorney General Al Sibboleth's attempt to take legal action fail, I am prepared to meet with North Carolina Yankee on neutral ground to discuss the terms of Atlasia's final surrender, to be relayed to the President. I am also monitoring events in the Midwest on behalf of the administration. More to follow.

The Vice-President speaks as a partisan here, seeking the "final surrender" of our Republic. He is by his own admission an enemy of our nation. As the Vice-President, this is unacceptable conduct on his part.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 01:22:59 PM »

He's broken his constitutional oath to protect the nation. He's simply unfit to serve as Vice President and I will support impeachment
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 01:33:59 PM »

I move for a final vote.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 01:42:35 PM »

I'd want to hear from one or two Senators within the next hour just to get a wider view. As the rules of the Senate have been struck down though voting should be able to open soon
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 01:45:22 PM »

There is literally no case to be made against the Vice President for 'treason' of any sort.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 01:48:05 PM »

There is literally no case to be made against the Vice President for 'treason' of any sort.

Get out
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 01:58:36 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2015, 03:00:48 PM by Senator Cris »

The Vice President is leaving the country in difficult times. Also, as pointed out by Senator PiT, he speaks as a partisan in his statement. I think it's enough.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 02:55:00 PM »

Mr Vice President, why did you flee the country?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2015, 03:00:21 PM »

I want to clarify that you guys can't rush through a fair trial by immediately moving for a final vote - Chief Justice bgwah presides over this impeachment trial as a Constitutional right and thus has sole discretion on when the vote is to be held
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2015, 03:11:38 PM »

My reason for leaving is exactly as I have stated: Prudence. Atlasia is in chaos. Remaining in Nyman would have been an unnecessary risk to my safety for the sake of symbolism.

But surely there were other safer places to go than Cuba?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 03:25:53 PM »

My reason for leaving is exactly as I have stated: Prudence. Atlasia is in chaos. Remaining in Nyman would have been an unnecessary risk to my safety for the sake of symbolism.

But surely there were other safer places to go than Cuba?

Cuba has enjoyed friendly relations with Atlasia for most the latter's existence, and is one of the nearest countries to my state of registration, South Carolina. It is also the site of an Atlasian military facility. There are few places within a thousand miles of the Atlasian mainland where I would be any safer.

So you abandoned the capital for your own safety, despite nearly every other leader staying put and defending our nation.

On the matter of TNF, what actions have you taken as VP to stop his grab for power?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2015, 03:28:15 PM »

#ThisIsACoup
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2015, 03:29:44 PM »

Yes, by the group of players who openly want to finish Atlasia
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2015, 04:16:25 PM »

The Vice President had fled the country in the middle of a dire national emergency, clearly an act unbecoming. Also, he had unquestionably endorsed the rebelion to overthrow Atlasia and it's institutions, thereby violating his solemn oath to protect, preserve and defend the constitution.

This case is as clear as anything can be.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 04:36:01 PM »

I want to clarify that you guys can't rush through a fair trial by immediately moving for a final vote - Chief Justice bgwah presides over this impeachment trial as a Constitutional right and thus has sole discretion on when the vote is to be held

If bgwah and the Kool Kids Klub (KKK) try to throw a spanner in proceedings by delaying them, I advise the Senate to declare the relevant officials incapacitated.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 05:06:16 PM »

Going from opening the trial to recommending a final vote, without even hearing the defendant in an hour would make Andrei Vyshinsky blush.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2015, 05:13:15 PM »

If bgwah and the Kool Kids Klub (KKK) try to throw a spanner in proceedings by delaying them, I advise the Senate to declare the relevant officials incapacitated.

If you're undermining Atlasia's Constitution to stop a rebellion then you're just as bad as they are
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2015, 05:16:00 PM »

The senate appreciates the helpful and relevant advice of Bacon Kingman, Attorney at Law.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2015, 05:18:06 PM »

If you're undermining Atlasia's Constitution to stop a rebellion then you're just as bad as they are

This would be a constitutional procedure.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2015, 05:41:57 PM »

This would be a constitutional procedure.

Can you please link the constitutional clause that allows the Senate to declare anyone incapacitated (on their own)?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2015, 06:40:01 PM »

I have confidence in bgwah's abilities to proceed without prejudice.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2015, 09:01:52 PM »

I have confidence in bgwah's abilities to proceed without prejudice.

As do I. Also:

FYI, I seem to have worded my post poorly because I did not "demand Atlasia's final surrender." I meant that we - meaning Atlasia - might need to *offer* surrender to Yankee if legal action against him was unsuccessful. (I hadn't anticipated that my words would be taken to mean the opposite.)

Vice-President, are you referring to the unconscionable and frivolous "legal action" against Yankee? The actions led by a rogue Attorney General determined to destroy our nation? The executive has a duty to lead. It is clear that the executive has failed in that duty. Therefore, the Senate must taken action.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2015, 11:23:21 PM »

Simfan, please grow a brain and focuse on saving the Pacific.

As I tried to stress last night and was apparently misunderstood. The Chief Justice is to preside over impeachement hearings, that includes the timing and votes. Chief Justice bgwah is a dedicated public servant and his demonstrated his capacity for fairness and reason many times over the years and as non other than his rival politically my view on his capacity should carry great weight.

Bypassing process, will only enable and strengthen the case of those who are seeking any in to undermine the government in game and the game as whole from an out of game perspective. WE should not be facilitating their endeavors by committing counterproductive actions ourselves.

Impeachments are in Article I of the Constitution. Its literally right at the beginning (well almost, you might have to scroll). Lets get it right.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2015, 11:37:52 PM »

If Nix was impeached, wouldn't Bore appoint someone who is also soft on Atlasia considering he supported dissolving it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies