Article of Impeachment Against Vice President Nix
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:42:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Article of Impeachment Against Vice President Nix
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Article of Impeachment Against Vice President Nix  (Read 6091 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2015, 11:40:40 PM »

FYI, I seem to have worded my post poorly because I did not "demand Atlasia's final surrender." I meant that we - meaning Atlasia - might need to *offer* surrender to Yankee if legal action against him was unsuccessful. (I hadn't anticipated that my words would be taken to mean the opposite.)

Surrender to what? I am not at-large. I am not engaging in any kind of rebellion. Has the echo chamber grown so defening that you are imagining stuff that is not happening? Were this interpretation of your post correct, the only one who it would apply to would be theo ne burning down damn country with the support of officeholder whose legal action you embrace. It is beyond clear that the evidentiary process for this trial against me is a total joke reaching as far as to twist a clear statement warning of the need to prevent rebellions into active endorsement of said rebellions.

But now instead your post was worded as if this were a cabal to take down the game, the AG's action was one meant to force acceptance of your radical plans and that I a mere member of the Senate had now come to represent Atlasia in the vein of the (ATlasia is basically Yankee et. al.) comments being made by several of your associates.

Regardless of how it was intended to be written, either indicates a breach of duty in my opinion and I will be voting to impeach.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2015, 12:08:35 AM »

FYI, I seem to have worded my post poorly because I did not "demand Atlasia's final surrender." I meant that we - meaning Atlasia - might need to *offer* surrender to Yankee if legal action against him was unsuccessful. (I hadn't anticipated that my words would be taken to mean the opposite.)

Surrender to what? I am not at-large. I am not engaging in any kind of rebellion. Has the echo chamber grown so defening that you are imagining stuff that is not happening? Were this interpretation of your post correct, the only one who it would apply to would be theo ne burning down damn country with the support of officeholder whose legal action you embrace. It is beyond clear that the evidentiary process for this trial against me is a total joke reaching as far as to twist a clear statement warning of the need to prevent rebellions into active endorsement of said rebellions.

But now instead your post was worded as if this were a cabal to take down the game, the AG's action was one meant to force acceptance of your radical plans and that I a mere member of the Senate had now come to represent Atlasia in the vein of the (ATlasia is basically Yankee et. al.) comments being made by several of your associates.

Regardless of how it was intended to be written, either indicates a breach of duty in my opinion and I will be voting to impeach.

I took it to mean that failing to end Atlasia, they would consent to let it exist with you in charge. Part of their propaganda is that it is just you and a bunch of newbies keeping it going.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2015, 12:24:52 AM »

If Nix was impeached, wouldn't Bore appoint someone who is also soft on Atlasia considering he supported dissolving it?

We have to approve his nominee. He has little leeway to nominate a VP or an AG who would cause similar problems.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2015, 05:46:39 AM »

If general claims of "failure to lead" are the best case that you have against me, then there is hardly an officeholder in Atlasia who shouldn't be impeached.

It is obvious that my real crime has nothing to do with TNF's rebellion or my flying to Cuba. I face impeachment for one reason only: I am a vocal supporter of resetting the game, and this weekend's events were chaotic enough to provide a vague subterfuge for clearing out the administration and forcing President Bore to choose a VP with different sympathies.

Not at all, considering that President Bore himself has called for the game to be ended. Surely if we were trying to get rid of that 'group' of people we would have impeached him. Heck I've called for us to become a parliamentary system in the future, and even suggested that the game has run out of ideas (I suggested becoming an African Country in the 1980's to make it difficult) Yet I haven't been chucked out of the Senate

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So your defense is 'everyone did it, so I'm fine'?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2015, 08:10:15 AM »

Well I don't see it as ill defined to clearly leave the country during a crisis, and pretty much bury your head in the sand during the crisis. As I've said before, I get that we can't devote a lot of time to Atlasia, but if you've got enough time to write out a post saying that you're going to cuba then you've got enough time as Vice-President to take a course of action. So far you've demonstrated that your actions during the crisis were to flee, and call for a peaceful settlement as TNF's troops moved across the pacific
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2015, 08:38:48 AM »

i have no confidence in any senator who votes to impeach nix.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2015, 08:47:07 AM »

This is a farce. Nix is the Vice-President, what did you expect him to do? Nuke the Midwest and overthrow bore?

I eagerly await my own impeachment for daring to share Nix's opinion about the best direction for this game to take.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2015, 09:35:58 AM »

This is a farce. Nix is the Vice-President, what did you expect him to do? Nuke the Midwest and overthrow bore?

I eagerly await my own impeachment for daring to share Nix's opinion about the best direction for this game to take.

RIP OAKVLE
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2015, 09:39:58 AM »

It's fairly clear that you people have completely lost the plot. You think that by acting in this way there's going to be something salvageable afterwards?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2015, 09:49:16 AM »

It's fairly clear that you people have completely lost the plot. You think that by acting in this way there's going to be something salvageable afterwards?

Didn't you just drum up treason charges on Yankee, get impeached and then resign in disgrace?

Yeah it's us in the Senate that have lost the plot
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2015, 09:50:48 AM »

I don't believe that I've resigned 'in disgrace'. But I know what I'm doing and I'm not sure if you all do.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2015, 10:00:37 AM »

I haven't been following the VP's actions all that closely, I'll admit, but I'm not entirely sure at the moment that he has done anything worthy of impeachment. Perhaps I'm mistaken.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2015, 10:55:08 AM »

Well the whole purpose of the impeachment process is to establish whether or not the office holder should be removed. I've still got some things I want to clear up.

Mr Vice President, you made this statement....

I remain no less committed to the principles and goals that Oakvale outlined in his New Start Manifesto. Only one thing has changed: I do not reject the reality Atlasia's federal laws, legal structure, and authority, but I do not affirm it either. More to follow elsewhere.

The bold part is the part that worries me. Not only is it extremely unclear but you seem to be distancing yourself from the laws, or at best showing disregard for them
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2015, 11:21:43 AM »

i have no confidence in any senator who votes to impeach nix.
This is the worst senate I've ever seen since I joined Atlasia, and that says a lot considering there was a point where deus and JCL were both senators.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2015, 11:40:51 AM »

No. What he shouldn't do is pretty much endorsing a rebelion.

There's a difference between advocating dissolution and siding with the rebels.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2015, 11:52:50 AM »

Yet, oddly, no evidence has been introduced to that effect.

Well Mr Vice President could you explain this statement?

Only one thing has changed: I do not reject the reality Atlasia's federal laws, legal structure, and authority, but I do not affirm it either. More to follow elsewhere.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2015, 11:54:05 AM »

Only one thing has changed: I do not reject the reality Atlasia's federal laws, legal structure, and authority, but I do not affirm it either. More to follow elsewhere.

maybe you could explain why you believe it to constitute treason?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2015, 11:59:57 AM »
« Edited: July 20, 2015, 12:03:02 PM by Senator Blair »

maybe you could explain why you believe it to constitute treason?

If you mind, I'm trying to get the Vice President to explain his comment. From my view it's essentially him saying that he refuses to see the laws of Atlasia as valid, and sees them as some sort of inconvenience. I'm simply trying to understand his statements, that's all.  

Using this definition of the word, it concerns me

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2015, 12:41:31 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2015, 12:50:47 PM by Senator Blair »

Why was my previous answer inadequate? I told you what it means: I support the same change - call it a reset, a reboot, or whatever else you like - that many other Atlasians, including our President, have advocated.

apologies hadn't seen the post. Will update this after reading it.

Updated: My concern is still over the wording, especially when it comes in light of the rebellion. I feel that this refusal to 'affirm' the laws of the land means that you're taking a rather relaxed attitude towards the entire situation-something supported by fleeing to Cuba. In these type of situations we need a Vice President who is 100% committed to the laws.

I'm not against reform, even whole sale. I've spoken out in favour of it, as have several others
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2015, 01:21:49 PM »

Why was my previous answer inadequate? I told you what it means: I support the same change - call it a reset, a reboot, or whatever else you like - that many other Atlasians, including our President, have advocated.

Advocating reset or reboot is a valid political position. There's nothing wrong with discussing the change, no matter how dramatic. In fact we ought to discuss it more and I'm personally open to all options. It would be an absurd to attempt to impeach Oakvale, for example, for starting a political movement, for he neither aided an armed rebelion nor called for Atlasia "final surrender" by means other than constitutional, especially when the country is under attack. Likewise, President Bore, while endorsing the idea, did not abdicate his responsibilities, being true to his oath of office.

You, on the other hand, obviously declared your intentions to aid the rebels in forcing the government surrender and overthrowing Atlasia by means other than constitutional, thereby violating your solemn oath to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution".

Should Attorney General Al Sibboleth's attempt to take legal action fail, I am prepared to meet with North Carolina Yankee on neutral ground to discuss the terms of Atlasia's final surrender, to be relayed to the President. I am also monitoring events in the Midwest on behalf of the administration. More to follow.

Last, but not least, fleeing the country in a moment of dire crisis is pretty much conduct unbecoming for Vice President. Imagine Hannibal Hamlin escaping to Spain when the Civil War began and offering Jefferson Davis his services in convincing Abraham Lincoln to surrender.

Nix, this isn't personal. I always liked you, regardless of our minor disagreements related to the game, but in this case, as Senator, I have no other choice but to call for your removal as Vice President.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2015, 01:23:18 PM »

You, on the other hand, obviously declared your intentions to aid the rebels in forcing the government surrender and overthrowing Atlasia by means other than constitutional, thereby violating your solemn oath to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution".

this is not what happened, kalwejt
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2015, 02:51:47 PM »

No one want to impeach Vice President Averroes Nix because he wants a reboot. The big majority of Atlasians wants a reboot. The fact is that to me looks like that he doesn't want to protect the constitution of Atlasia, which is the basis of his oath.

I think that this statement might be an example of what I said. "I do not affirm it either". You should affirm the Constitution, because you are the Vice President, one of the most important autorities in the game. I think that the Constitution needs to be changed, but I still affirm it, because I'm a servant for all the people of Atlasia.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2015, 03:04:03 PM »

No one want to impeach Vice President Averroes Nix because he wants a reboot. The big majority of Atlasians wants a reboot. The fact is that to me looks like that he doesn't want to protect the constitution of Atlasia, which is the basis of his oath.

I think that this statement might be an example of what I said. "I do not affirm it either". You should affirm the Constitution, because you are the Vice President, one of the most important autorities in the game. I think that the Constitution needs to be changed, but I still affirm it, because I'm a servant for all the people of Atlasia.

Preceisly. Each one of us took an oath to "preserve, protect or defend" the constitution of Atlasia.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2015, 04:58:57 PM »

There's nothing abstract about fleeing the country to a foreign nation during times of strife, after confirming that you don't fully support or 'maintain as true' the Constitution
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2015, 12:13:04 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2015, 12:17:38 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

We are not charging anybody with treason for their views, unlike a certain fellow member of the administration whose job is to fairly apply the laws.

We have had people impeached for inactivity and they were only saved once those positions were reformed to establish a concrete activity standard, as no doubt the Chief Justice and the Vice President will recall. So the standard is not treason nor anywhere near it. This is not real life I would point out and the standards are likewise somewhat different.

The critical point for me here is a refutation of law and once again we have the same old people using the same old tactics of putting words in people's mouths and outright lying. "I think there are some Senators who want to impeach bore". No, Mr. Vice President, there is no desire to impeach the President now that he has done his job, the same way there was no desire to impeach the Justices once they did theirs. Thirdly, you fled the country on the grounds that you "feared for your safety" in a statement which also as the only source of opposition a none existant rebellion led by someone who has consistently affirmed our laws, meanwhile a real rebellion was occuring.

You posted a very confusing statement demanding the surrender of Atlasia and for which your explanation just doesn't make sense as a logical statement, because it would have required me to be doing the same things as TNF, which I was not. Secondly you posted that you do not affirm the laws and constitution. You are perfectly fine to hold views regarding dissolving of the game and you are free to voice those opinions.

However, as long as you hold office you are responsible to uphold them and in failing to do so, or declaring that you are declining to do so, constitutes just grounds for your removal from office. Nobody is removing you from the game, no one is charging you with treason here because of your beliefs. We prefer to leave that up to the esteemed, intelligent members of this administration to do that to its opponents, in its various witch hunts, not us. We are merely acting in our constitutional role as the legislative branch to remove someone from office. Fleeing in a crisis, declining to affirm the law of the land even absent the call for Atlasia's surrender, seem like reasonable grounds for removing an officeholder.

Kalwejt, myself and and other members who are supporting this led the effort to reign in perma bans from a freakin game and have criticized the excessive nature of the prosecutions by this administration's justice department. Don't you dare claim that we are targetting anyone for their beliefs or trying to drive someone from the game. Maybe your friends roll like they, but we don't so stop presuming we are likewise simply because that is what you are used to.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies