Article of Impeachment Against Vice President Nix (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:32:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Article of Impeachment Against Vice President Nix (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Article of Impeachment Against Vice President Nix  (Read 6157 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: July 19, 2015, 01:22:59 PM »

He's broken his constitutional oath to protect the nation. He's simply unfit to serve as Vice President and I will support impeachment
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 01:42:35 PM »

I'd want to hear from one or two Senators within the next hour just to get a wider view. As the rules of the Senate have been struck down though voting should be able to open soon
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 01:48:05 PM »

There is literally no case to be made against the Vice President for 'treason' of any sort.

Get out
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 02:55:00 PM »

Mr Vice President, why did you flee the country?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 03:11:38 PM »

My reason for leaving is exactly as I have stated: Prudence. Atlasia is in chaos. Remaining in Nyman would have been an unnecessary risk to my safety for the sake of symbolism.

But surely there were other safer places to go than Cuba?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 03:25:53 PM »

My reason for leaving is exactly as I have stated: Prudence. Atlasia is in chaos. Remaining in Nyman would have been an unnecessary risk to my safety for the sake of symbolism.

But surely there were other safer places to go than Cuba?

Cuba has enjoyed friendly relations with Atlasia for most the latter's existence, and is one of the nearest countries to my state of registration, South Carolina. It is also the site of an Atlasian military facility. There are few places within a thousand miles of the Atlasian mainland where I would be any safer.

So you abandoned the capital for your own safety, despite nearly every other leader staying put and defending our nation.

On the matter of TNF, what actions have you taken as VP to stop his grab for power?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 03:29:44 PM »

Yes, by the group of players who openly want to finish Atlasia
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 05:46:39 AM »

If general claims of "failure to lead" are the best case that you have against me, then there is hardly an officeholder in Atlasia who shouldn't be impeached.

It is obvious that my real crime has nothing to do with TNF's rebellion or my flying to Cuba. I face impeachment for one reason only: I am a vocal supporter of resetting the game, and this weekend's events were chaotic enough to provide a vague subterfuge for clearing out the administration and forcing President Bore to choose a VP with different sympathies.

Not at all, considering that President Bore himself has called for the game to be ended. Surely if we were trying to get rid of that 'group' of people we would have impeached him. Heck I've called for us to become a parliamentary system in the future, and even suggested that the game has run out of ideas (I suggested becoming an African Country in the 1980's to make it difficult) Yet I haven't been chucked out of the Senate

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So your defense is 'everyone did it, so I'm fine'?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 08:10:15 AM »

Well I don't see it as ill defined to clearly leave the country during a crisis, and pretty much bury your head in the sand during the crisis. As I've said before, I get that we can't devote a lot of time to Atlasia, but if you've got enough time to write out a post saying that you're going to cuba then you've got enough time as Vice-President to take a course of action. So far you've demonstrated that your actions during the crisis were to flee, and call for a peaceful settlement as TNF's troops moved across the pacific
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 09:49:16 AM »

It's fairly clear that you people have completely lost the plot. You think that by acting in this way there's going to be something salvageable afterwards?

Didn't you just drum up treason charges on Yankee, get impeached and then resign in disgrace?

Yeah it's us in the Senate that have lost the plot
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 10:55:08 AM »

Well the whole purpose of the impeachment process is to establish whether or not the office holder should be removed. I've still got some things I want to clear up.

Mr Vice President, you made this statement....

I remain no less committed to the principles and goals that Oakvale outlined in his New Start Manifesto. Only one thing has changed: I do not reject the reality Atlasia's federal laws, legal structure, and authority, but I do not affirm it either. More to follow elsewhere.

The bold part is the part that worries me. Not only is it extremely unclear but you seem to be distancing yourself from the laws, or at best showing disregard for them
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 11:52:50 AM »

Yet, oddly, no evidence has been introduced to that effect.

Well Mr Vice President could you explain this statement?

Only one thing has changed: I do not reject the reality Atlasia's federal laws, legal structure, and authority, but I do not affirm it either. More to follow elsewhere.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2015, 11:59:57 AM »
« Edited: July 20, 2015, 12:03:02 PM by Senator Blair »

Yet, oddly, no evidence has been introduced to that effect.

Well Mr Vice President could you explain this statement?

Only one thing has changed: I do not reject the reality Atlasia's federal laws, legal structure, and authority, but I do not affirm it either. More to follow elsewhere.

maybe you could explain why you believe it to constitute treason?

If you mind, I'm trying to get the Vice President to explain his comment. From my view it's essentially him saying that he refuses to see the laws of Atlasia as valid, and sees them as some sort of inconvenience. I'm simply trying to understand his statements, that's all.  

Using this definition of the word, it concerns me

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 12:41:31 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2015, 12:50:47 PM by Senator Blair »

Why was my previous answer inadequate? I told you what it means: I support the same change - call it a reset, a reboot, or whatever else you like - that many other Atlasians, including our President, have advocated.

apologies hadn't seen the post. Will update this after reading it.

Updated: My concern is still over the wording, especially when it comes in light of the rebellion. I feel that this refusal to 'affirm' the laws of the land means that you're taking a rather relaxed attitude towards the entire situation-something supported by fleeing to Cuba. In these type of situations we need a Vice President who is 100% committed to the laws.

I'm not against reform, even whole sale. I've spoken out in favour of it, as have several others
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 04:58:57 PM »

There's nothing abstract about fleeing the country to a foreign nation during times of strife, after confirming that you don't fully support or 'maintain as true' the Constitution
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 04:17:20 AM »

As Yankee observed, your position has changed since you served in the Senate.

Yes, which is why the Senate has had to act in this manner during the last couple of days, due to the actions of the Attorney General and others. If it hadn't been for the Senate, I'd be horrified to think what would be happening right now.

No it's not. Travelling to a foreign country during a time like this alone is an impeachable offense in my view. It's the equivalent in historical examples of Wallace going to Mexico in 1941 after Pearl Harbor, Hamlim fleeing to Canada during the civil war or Cheney going to Barbados. The defense that you provided, that Cuba is A) Close B) Has a military base near it, both fail to cover up the fact that you decided to flee at the worst possible time. In simple terms, you fled to a foreign country during our time of need.

Why would Attorney General Al openly put up trumped up charges against Senator Yankee? Why would TNF and SWE declare a Marxist rebellion? We've hardly had a rational week in Atlasia have we?

You stated that you don't 'affirm it'. I've used the dictionary definition of this, and you haven't directly responded to that definition. To not affirm it, means that you don't see it as true. It's a rather weird situation to put yourself in, because at best you're saying that you don't want to enforce the rules and laws of Atlasia-combined with this weekends crisis it's me concerned. Mr Vice President, will all respect your position was at best poorly thought out. As I've said before, we need a Vice President who is fully committed to the Constitution

In all fairness, as Speaker I did object to that.

Yankee raises a valid point, and a question I'd like to raise.

Did you support Attorney General Al's attempted arrest of Yankee?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 03:54:51 PM »

Thanks Harry, good to get your insight and evidence.

As Kal said, we have to act responsibly here. A Vice President who 'has fun' with a crisis, whilst hiding in another country raises question marks for me
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 04:15:31 PM »

Well Evergreen, we're still waiting to hear if Nix supports the actions of Attorney General Al.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 04:51:12 PM »

Well Evergreen, we're still waiting to hear if Nix supports the actions of Attorney General Al.

I fail to see the relevance of the question, but if it makes you happy I'll provide an answer: None of us are aware of the details of the Attorney General's prospective case. None of us know what evidence he planned to present. My response to this is to suspend judgment. If anyone is comfortable drawing any strong conclusions about the case at this juncture, he or she most likely knows more about it than I do.

We saw the evidence, he gave it in the Supreme Court case . The question is valid frankly, because you failed to do anything to actively denounce TNF's unlawful succession, apart from calling for peace on all sides which quite frankly would have lead to TNF annexing the Pacific. It's a cycle of events in my view, which is why I'm still in favour of impeachment. All the evidence links together in a pattern that suggests you're not fit to uphold your constitutional oath.

1.) Fleeing to Cuba, during the crisis.
2.) Announcing that you don't 'affirm' the laws of Atlasia. As I've said about 5 times, this shows that you don't 'see the laws as true', which means I have doubts about your ability to uphold your oath.
3.) Subsequent failure to denounce the actions of Attorney General Al, or TNF. As TNF launched his coup, and the Attorney General did nothing you merely called for the Federal Government to reach a peaceful settlement.

As I said before, these 3 together make me have strong doubts that you're committed to your oath. This isn't to do with game reform, this isn't to do with the Senate, this isn't to do with vendetta's or feuds. This is simply to do with your failure to uphold your oath of office
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 02:12:55 AM »

It's clear what's happening here - impeach Nix over an utterly absurd interpretation of a single word, install a Vice-President more sympathetic to the cause of the self-styled reformists, and then force the President to resign by threatening impeachment for his outspoken support of a reboot. Voila.

Funnily enough, you're tactic to make this out as 'some vast conspiracy' is quite frankly not true. If this was my plan why would I be running for Governor on Friday? I'm not interested in your conspiracy theories, and frankly it devalues the entire debate
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 04:50:31 AM »

2) I don't affirm the status quo. I support a reboot, and that reboot would necessarily entail suspending our existing constitution and laws. This is an opinion that a large share of Atlasia shares, including the President. While my phrasing of the sentiment is apparently provocative, it does not indicate anything more than what has become a mainstream opinion over the past month.

But that's not what you said. You said that you don't affirm the laws of Atlasia. There's a massive difference in that. I'm not discussing impeachment because you want reform, I want reform, I don't want the status quo. But the fact that I want reform doesn't stop me from protecting my oath of office. The phrasing is extremely provocative, and clearly different to what the President called for. We need a Vice President who holds the laws of the game to be true
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2015, 06:55:53 AM »

Well the Vice President has de-registered
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 11:09:59 AM »

This happened in Potus' impeachment, and Al's.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2015, 03:30:22 PM »

On a legal note is de-registering a registration from elected office? Like has Nix officially resigned
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies