Article of Impeachment Against Vice President Nix (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:19:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Article of Impeachment Against Vice President Nix (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Article of Impeachment Against Vice President Nix  (Read 6149 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: July 19, 2015, 05:16:00 PM »

The senate appreciates the helpful and relevant advice of Bacon Kingman, Attorney at Law.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 12:20:27 PM »

The only interpretation I can make was that VP Nix did what he did assuming AG Al would be successful, and if not, he'd be surrendering the game to Yankee as a "well fine..if we cant tear it down our way, then you can have it...see ya!" Type gesture.

I think his insistence that he does not affirm the reality of the laws, legal structure, or authority of said laws or legal structure further proves he is unwilling to keep the game moving forward.

And his arguments so far have not really convinced me otherwise... Except I do not believe he just wants to tear it down or leave the game.  And  I am, of course, not the damning type and would like to see Nix remain in his post and be a part of whatever reboot or reform process there is to the game, if any.  I think he wants to stay.  While others have simply quit the game or resigned, he is arguing his case.

Personally, I'd like to hear a statement from the president on his VP on this matter.  If the president has continued confidence in his VP, it would go a long way in assuring me.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 05:35:05 PM »

It's clear what's happening here - impeach Nix over an utterly absurd interpretation of a single word, install a Vice-President more sympathetic to the cause of the self-styled reformists, and then force the President to resign by threatening impeachment for his outspoken support of a reboot. Voila.
This is rather disingenuous and presumptive.

1) I was powerless to act on my own, and I knew that President Bore would be online to respond to the crisis before the day's end. Remaining safe was the most logical action to take, unless the Senate would have preferred that I lead a coup.

2) I don't affirm the status quo. I support a reboot, and that reboot would necessarily entail suspending our existing constitution and laws. This is an opinion that a large share of Atlasia shares, including the President. While my phrasing of the sentiment is apparently provocative, it does not indicate anything more than what has become a mainstream opinion over the past month.

3) A majority of the Senate, the Cabinet, and the Supreme Court never denounced TNF's rebellion in public. Laugh if you want, but my calls for a nonviolent resolution make me one of the most vocal advocates for peace during the entire crisis. Of course I don't support threatening Nyman with nuclear attack or invading the Pacific, or any other region for that matter. (Once again, the rationale for this impeachment shifts in an increasingly incomprehensible and untenable direction...)

The "pattern" that you suggest is entirely the product of a narrative that you have imposed on my actions. It is not consistent with my stated beliefs, my stated motives, or the supporting evidence that I have submitted in my defense in this thread.

Regarding point two:  either you can use your position as VP to argue for and affect reform within the confines and rules of the game...or you can do so from outside the game while continuing to uphold your oath of office within the game.  You cannot, as an elected official in the game, start arguing for a reboot and act accordingly while also expecting to keep your position if that doesn't work out.  That is called going rogue and is grounds for impeachment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies