Article of Impeachment Against Vice President Nix (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:47:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Article of Impeachment Against Vice President Nix (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Article of Impeachment Against Vice President Nix  (Read 6175 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: July 20, 2015, 08:38:48 AM »

i have no confidence in any senator who votes to impeach nix.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 11:54:05 AM »

Yet, oddly, no evidence has been introduced to that effect.

Well Mr Vice President could you explain this statement?

Only one thing has changed: I do not reject the reality Atlasia's federal laws, legal structure, and authority, but I do not affirm it either. More to follow elsewhere.

maybe you could explain why you believe it to constitute treason?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 01:23:18 PM »

You, on the other hand, obviously declared your intentions to aid the rebels in forcing the government surrender and overthrowing Atlasia by means other than constitutional, thereby violating your solemn oath to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution".

this is not what happened, kalwejt
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 04:08:24 PM »

That said, Speaker Truman has been cited as a citizen that had recieved this explanation via PM, so if we could contact him to see his version and hear his opinion that might go a long way into explaining that particular point.

Granted, my involvement in this affair is minimal, but I'd be happy to lend what insight I can to the Senate.

I received the aforementioned PM from Mr. Nix on the evening of July 18. Several minutes before, I had printed an article in the Mideast Record-Courier that described the Vice President as "demanding" Atlasia's surrender, a statement he said was inaccurate. He explained that "I meant that we - meaning Atlasia - might need to *offer* surrender to Yankee if legal action against him was unsuccessful."

This is a direct quote:

Should Attorney General Al Sibboleth's attempt to take legal action fail, I am prepared to meet with North Carolina Yankee on neutral ground to discuss the terms of Atlasia's final surrender, to be relayed to the President. I am also monitoring events in the Midwest on behalf of the administration. More to follow.

He's been clearly talking about "the terms of Atlasia's final surrender". It's in black and white for all to see. Him, claiming now he didn't say that is offending our collective intelligence.

it's been explained numerous times already that he is talking about a "surrender" to nc yankee, not to tnf/swe. it'd be really great if the senate were to actually read nix's defense before rushing at him with torches and pitchforks.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 07:14:59 AM »

y'all should be ashamed of yourselves
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies