Article of Impeachment Against Vice President Nix (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:04:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Article of Impeachment Against Vice President Nix (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Article of Impeachment Against Vice President Nix  (Read 6141 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: July 19, 2015, 04:16:25 PM »

The Vice President had fled the country in the middle of a dire national emergency, clearly an act unbecoming. Also, he had unquestionably endorsed the rebelion to overthrow Atlasia and it's institutions, thereby violating his solemn oath to protect, preserve and defend the constitution.

This case is as clear as anything can be.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 06:40:01 PM »

I have confidence in bgwah's abilities to proceed without prejudice.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 11:40:51 AM »

This is a farce. Nix is the Vice-President, what did you expect him to do? Nuke the Midwest and overthrow bore?

No. What he shouldn't do is pretty much endorsing a rebelion.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There's a difference between advocating dissolution and siding with the rebels.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 01:21:49 PM »

Why was my previous answer inadequate? I told you what it means: I support the same change - call it a reset, a reboot, or whatever else you like - that many other Atlasians, including our President, have advocated.

Advocating reset or reboot is a valid political position. There's nothing wrong with discussing the change, no matter how dramatic. In fact we ought to discuss it more and I'm personally open to all options. It would be an absurd to attempt to impeach Oakvale, for example, for starting a political movement, for he neither aided an armed rebelion nor called for Atlasia "final surrender" by means other than constitutional, especially when the country is under attack. Likewise, President Bore, while endorsing the idea, did not abdicate his responsibilities, being true to his oath of office.

You, on the other hand, obviously declared your intentions to aid the rebels in forcing the government surrender and overthrowing Atlasia by means other than constitutional, thereby violating your solemn oath to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution".

Should Attorney General Al Sibboleth's attempt to take legal action fail, I am prepared to meet with North Carolina Yankee on neutral ground to discuss the terms of Atlasia's final surrender, to be relayed to the President. I am also monitoring events in the Midwest on behalf of the administration. More to follow.

Last, but not least, fleeing the country in a moment of dire crisis is pretty much conduct unbecoming for Vice President. Imagine Hannibal Hamlin escaping to Spain when the Civil War began and offering Jefferson Davis his services in convincing Abraham Lincoln to surrender.

Nix, this isn't personal. I always liked you, regardless of our minor disagreements related to the game, but in this case, as Senator, I have no other choice but to call for your removal as Vice President.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 03:04:03 PM »

No one want to impeach Vice President Averroes Nix because he wants a reboot. The big majority of Atlasians wants a reboot. The fact is that to me looks like that he doesn't want to protect the constitution of Atlasia, which is the basis of his oath.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think that this statement might be an example of what I said. "I do not affirm it either". You should affirm the Constitution, because you are the Vice President, one of the most important autorities in the game. I think that the Constitution needs to be changed, but I still affirm it, because I'm a servant for all the people of Atlasia.

Preceisly. Each one of us took an oath to "preserve, protect or defend" the constitution of Atlasia.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 03:31:38 PM »

One important thing needs to be said. It's true Atlasia is just a game, but in every game actions have consequences: it's how it works. Since we're supposed to simulate real life, I can't think of any RL Vice President and other high official doing and saying what Nix had done and said and avoid any consequences. I mean, seriously, let's get real.

I like Nix a great deal as a poster and as a player. But right now I'm playing the a Senator, whose part in this game was to introduce these articles. And it's our part to act on it. Nobody's "damning" anybody here.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 04:00:25 PM »

That said, Speaker Truman has been cited as a citizen that had recieved this explanation via PM, so if we could contact him to see his version and hear his opinion that might go a long way into explaining that particular point.

Granted, my involvement in this affair is minimal, but I'd be happy to lend what insight I can to the Senate.

I received the aforementioned PM from Mr. Nix on the evening of July 18. Several minutes before, I had printed an article in the Mideast Record-Courier that described the Vice President as "demanding" Atlasia's surrender, a statement he said was inaccurate. He explained that "I meant that we - meaning Atlasia - might need to *offer* surrender to Yankee if legal action against him was unsuccessful."

This is a direct quote:

Should Attorney General Al Sibboleth's attempt to take legal action fail, I am prepared to meet with North Carolina Yankee on neutral ground to discuss the terms of Atlasia's final surrender, to be relayed to the President. I am also monitoring events in the Midwest on behalf of the administration. More to follow.

He's been clearly talking about "the terms of Atlasia's final surrender". It's in black and white for all to see. Him, claiming now he didn't say that is offending our collective intelligence.

This, combined with his conduct (fleeing the country in time of national crisis), as well as plain statement he "doesn't affirm the laws of Atlasia anymore", which constitutes a blantant breach of the oath he took to "preserve, protect and defend the constitution" are ground for removing him from office.

As I've said before, this case cannot be possibly more clear.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 04:25:56 PM »

Everyone's seen the quote by now, Kal. I've been open for a very long time about my belief that Yankee is emblematic of much of what has gone wrong with Atlasia. If the wording is confusing, so be it: How many mangled sentences have you, or anyone else, for that matter, posted? But don't call me a liar.  The stakes here aren't nearly high enough for me to lie.

You've mangled every possible sentence back and forth since since before this proceedings started, then accuse everybody else of lying. You can keep doing this for as long as you wish. The evidences are clear and there's really nothing more to add.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 04:36:39 PM »

Everyone's seen the quote by now, Kal. I've been open for a very long time about my belief that Yankee is emblematic of much of what has gone wrong with Atlasia. If the wording is confusing, so be it: How many mangled sentences have you, or anyone else, for that matter, posted? But don't call me a liar.  The stakes here aren't nearly high enough for me to lie.

You've mangled every possible sentence back and forth since since before this proceedings started, then accuse everybody else of lying. You can keep doing this for as long as you wish. The evidences are clear and there's really nothing more to add.

I don't know that I've accused anyone of lying, but - I am sorry to say so - I have picked up a strong sense of opportunism, vindictiveness, and hypocrisy.

I see where this is going: now this is a personal bitchfest. Sorry, not interested.

For your peace of mind, let me rephrase it: your explanation does not convince me at all.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 04:41:28 PM »

I think that language is uncalled for, Kalwejt.

As I said, I'm not interested in turning these proceedings into a "Nix v. Kalwejt" brawl. This would only be extremely not fair toward the other members of this body and the institution itself.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 04:47:53 AM »

Nobody's wanting to impeach President bore or Justice Oakvale. The difference between their political advocating of a reboot and Nix's actions has been explained numerous times here.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 11:09:00 AM »

It's only unfortunate he choose this way out instead of facing the vote.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 03:20:37 PM »

This happened in Potus' impeachment, and Al's.

I honestly don't want to be mean, but it's a bit like a kid not getting his way in a game, so he just get pissed off and goes home.

Now, that this is over, I hope Nix will reconsider and return one day to fight for his causes.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 03:33:33 PM »

On a legal note is de-registering a registration from elected office? Like has Nix officially resigned

Well, you can't be a VP, or hold any other post, without being registered.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 03:37:57 PM »

On a legal note is de-registering a registration from elected office? Like has Nix officially resigned

It's not an official resignation per se, but I believe we can consider the Vice-Presidency as formally vacant since Nix either doesn't "exist" via resignation or he cannot be an officeholder since he is not a citizen. It seems that would render the impeachment trial meaningless.

Yeah, that's what I think as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies