Article of Impeachment Against Attorney General Al
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:41:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Article of Impeachment Against Attorney General Al
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Article of Impeachment Against Attorney General Al  (Read 3849 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2015, 09:03:52 PM »

I would advise the Senate to continue with the impeachment proceedings as normal unless/until the officeholder in question makes his resignation intent known in the standard, appropriate thread.

I agree. Considering the circumstances, the possibility that this is a feint to save his skin until he can complete his case against Senator Yankee cannot be discounted.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2015, 11:12:09 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2015, 11:14:51 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

If the so called evidence presented so far is any indication of what constitutes treason, then half this Senate will be up on charges as will a member of the Supreme Court, if applied fairly and evenly. Of course that is not the intent here, the intent is to silence opposition, to turn the Atlasian Senate into the Tsarist Russian Duma, where they are not free to speak ill of this cabal and their plans for this game.

A quote I made opposing dissolution, because it could lead to situations like thE Midwest (I gave a fictitious Northeast example though we have a real life breathing one in the Midwest now with the passage of time), is being twisted into an endorsement for such rebellion.

But this is not about me, this about the process through which we are to reform this game, through which we are to save and rebuild this game. Does Al really expect us to seriously believe the promises of an orderly post dissolution process, when even now we have an open rebellion in the Midwest? Does he seriously expect anyone to believe the promises of creating a new game built around his kind of attitude and thinking?

This inconsistency in application, amounts to inequality before the law, and undermines the basis for any democractic system to function. I am not surprised to see such an endorsement for arbitrary justice from this crowd, the warning signs have been there for years and frankly no one cares anymore to hold back so there are no more denials.

Al should never have been made Attorney General. His record of unfairness, abuse of people he opposes and frankly abuse of power stretches back years. If a man will abuse his power as mod to threaten people he doesn't like, how can we be surprised he will abuse such in a fantasy game? Now he too is not holding back, he reveals quite clearly his disdain for me, a disdain he has held for me from the time I joined this game. In calling me illiterate he has admitted directly what many have said of him for years. If you are not part of his clique, you are are a second class person not worry of being treated with equal respect. Why is this man trusted with a position that demands equal treatment?

I will freely admit that I went to far with my comments yesterday regarding the people who have propped this man up and along with it his dark vision of destruction. Al has never felt any oblgiation to extend the same kind of courtesy. I feel bad when I hurt someone and in a game where people can leave anytime we sure as hell don't need people who scream bloody murder ITS JUST A GAME whenever it comes to treating people like crap, but then go to extreme and excessive measure to get their way. What happened to it being just a game? Once again, it is not about consistency, it is about expedience.

I will be voting to impeach the Attorney General. And I hope whatever happens to Atlasia, be it a new game or this current one reformed, the no one ever seriously entrusts Al with this kind of responsibiltiy in a game. It is litterally self-destructing to the model.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2015, 11:36:30 PM »

I would vote Nay, I can understand his circumstances even if I would prefer swifter action. And the last thing we need to do is to bully away the remaining people who are as committed to Atlasia as Al.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2015, 11:43:22 PM »

I would vote Nay, I can understand his circumstances even if I would prefer swifter action. And the last thing we need to do is to bully away the remaining people who are as committed to Atlasia as Al.

What about all the people he has bullied away.

No one is charging him with treason. He can stay as long as he wants. But Al is not committed to his job as AG and that is what matters here and that is what the vote should be based on. He is not extending the same courtesy to those he opposes, yet we must be concerned about bullying him away. Please.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2015, 12:20:28 AM »

The issue at stake is that Al is trying to drive away productive Atlasians who hold different opinions through abusive use of his powers. The only thing he is committed to is pushing other people around.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2015, 01:21:44 AM »

I would advise the Senate to continue with the impeachment proceedings as normal unless/until the officeholder in question makes his resignation intent known in the standard, appropriate thread.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2015, 01:22:52 AM »

It's not even bullying people. It's the fact that we need a government that doesn't allow Atlasia to die, or in fact a government that is encouraging it. AL's actions over the last couple of days has been extremely erratic. As I've asked about 5 times now-why hasn't TNF been arrested?

It seems strange, that TNF launches a massive soviet style coup and then the Attorney General refuses to act.

I echo the concerns of the others, until the Attorney General resigns in the appropriate thread then the impeachment will in my view still continue
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2015, 11:12:25 AM »

You charged NCYankee and Classic Conservative but you haven't do NOTHING about TNF.
Really, I think it's enough and no more discussion is needed, at difference of Vice President's impeachment case.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2015, 01:19:05 PM »

The decision to also not charge SWE, who's been boasting of open rebellion troubles me as well. The situation on the Attorney General is unclear, I'm not sure whether he's resigned or not. Regardless I will still be supporting his impeachment
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2015, 04:00:29 PM »

I do remember situations when officeholders resigned outside of the proper thread and it stood.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2015, 04:05:27 PM »

I do remember situations when officeholders resigned outside of the proper thread and it stood.

Issue is he's been vague on it, is still posting in the Attorney Generals Office and threatened he has 'other things planned'
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2015, 06:25:58 PM »

If the so called evidence presented so far is any indication of what constitutes treason, then half this Senate will be up on charges as will a member of the Supreme Court, if applied fairly and evenly. Of course that is not the intent here, the intent is to silence opposition, to turn the Atlasian Senate into the Tsarist Russian Duma, where they are not free to speak ill of this cabal and their plans for this game.

A quote I made opposing dissolution, because it could lead to situations like thE Midwest (I gave a fictitious Northeast example though we have a real life breathing one in the Midwest now with the passage of time), is being twisted into an endorsement for such rebellion.

But this is not about me, this about the process through which we are to reform this game, through which we are to save and rebuild this game. Does Al really expect us to seriously believe the promises of an orderly post dissolution process, when even now we have an open rebellion in the Midwest? Does he seriously expect anyone to believe the promises of creating a new game built around his kind of attitude and thinking?

This inconsistency in application, amounts to inequality before the law, and undermines the basis for any democractic system to function. I am not surprised to see such an endorsement for arbitrary justice from this crowd, the warning signs have been there for years and frankly no one cares anymore to hold back so there are no more denials.

Al should never have been made Attorney General. His record of unfairness, abuse of people he opposes and frankly abuse of power stretches back years. If a man will abuse his power as mod to threaten people he doesn't like, how can we be surprised he will abuse such in a fantasy game? Now he too is not holding back, he reveals quite clearly his disdain for me, a disdain he has held for me from the time I joined this game. In calling me illiterate he has admitted directly what many have said of him for years. If you are not part of his clique, you are are a second class person not worry of being treated with equal respect. Why is this man trusted with a position that demands equal treatment?

I will freely admit that I went to far with my comments yesterday regarding the people who have propped this man up and along with it his dark vision of destruction. Al has never felt any oblgiation to extend the same kind of courtesy. I feel bad when I hurt someone and in a game where people can leave anytime we sure as hell don't need people who scream bloody murder ITS JUST A GAME whenever it comes to treating people like crap, but then go to extreme and excessive measure to get their way. What happened to it being just a game? Once again, it is not about consistency, it is about expedience.

I will be voting to impeach the Attorney General. And I hope whatever happens to Atlasia, be it a new game or this current one reformed, the no one ever seriously entrusts Al with this kind of responsibiltiy in a game. It is litterally self-destructing to the model.

My response can be viewed here.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2015, 06:57:06 PM »

Issue is he's been vague on it, is still posting in the Attorney Generals Office and threatened he has 'other things planned'

Mr. Justice bgwah, could we get a ruling on this matter?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2015, 07:29:10 PM »

Mr. Justice bgwah, could we get a ruling on this matter?

The Atlasian Supreme Court doesn't do advisory opinions Huh
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2015, 11:48:47 PM »

I say proceed and vote to impeach him regardless.

He has had ample time to clarify and to post such in the proper thread. If he has not done so already then more than likely that is evidence enough that he has something up his sleeve. The Attorney General is a very intelligent person, and knows his way around legal procedures and such forth. He thus can easily reneg on a promise and use whatever convient loopholes available to resume his activities.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2015, 12:18:32 AM »

Well, the Attorney General clearly couldn't care less about this whole situation, so it's pretty clear to me that he has abandoned his duty. We have a clear situation, the Senate has a clear view on how to proceed and at this stage the only thing that might change the situation would be a formal resignation from the officer in question, which is not coming.

I think we can very well move forward with this once the Chief Justice feels a vote should be started.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2015, 12:33:25 AM »

The Attorney General has charged people he disagress with and dislikes on treason. He has compromised the freedom of the Senate to freely debate legislation and used an out of context quote from a Senate debate thread to justify treason charges against myself. He has admitted clearly his personal philosophy, rending him unfit to engage fairly with the pursuit of justice and if such was in doubt, he has cleared that up for us with this quote from just this day.

Please please please. Incompetence? Outrageous! Malice possibly, incompetence never.

Malice with the implementation of justice is by definition incompetence when concerning a legal capcity, because the requirement is for equality before the law and fairness. He has demonstrated that he has no desire or capacity for such and therefore he has no capacity to serve as Attorney General. It is our job to hold him to account and to remove him from office.

There is no suppression of thought or ideas, once again we are seeking to remove an official who has rendered himself unfit to serve in said capacity, ironically by seeking to suppress other people's views and drive out those he opposes. This is not treason we are charging him with and a ban is not a potential nor a desired consequence. The transgression is a faily of duty and the remedy shall be removal from office.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2015, 02:15:55 AM »

As others have said, as Speaker I think there's widespread support from the Senate for this impeachment and hopefully Chief Justice Bgwah can open a vote within the next couple of days
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2015, 04:51:50 PM »

I know Justice bgwah had the sole authority when to open the vote, but if it's permissible, I'd like to motion for a vote.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2015, 03:13:06 PM »

I think we should put this to a vote soon as well, debate seems to have finished and we're in a murky situation on whether the Attorney General has resigned or not
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2015, 03:19:19 PM »

I think we should put this to a vote soon as well, debate seems to have finished and we're in a murky situation on whether the Attorney General has resigned or not

With these doubts about validity of his resignation, we should proceed, unless Al resigns in a proper manner.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2015, 09:04:09 PM »

As debate has subsided, I will go ahead and open the vote. Senators, please vote aye or nay on the impeachment of AG Al.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2015, 09:09:35 PM »

Aye.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2015, 11:16:59 PM »

Aye