Article of Impeachment Against Attorney General Al (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:58:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Article of Impeachment Against Attorney General Al (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Article of Impeachment Against Attorney General Al  (Read 3894 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: July 19, 2015, 01:17:21 PM »

In my view, the senate really doesn't have an option here. Attorney General Al has broken his oath to uphold the Constitution. Despite TNF's seizure of power, voting restrictions  and open rebellion the Attorney General has failed to uphold the law and order his arrest. It's clearly for his purpose of bringing the game to an end, and the Senate is at it's heart the most powerful check on an executive Branch that has failed to act. The charges brought against Senator Yankee have absolutely no merit to them, and is further evidence of a political plot.

I urge all fellow Senators to vote to impeach Attorney General Al
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 01:43:27 PM »

I'd like to hear from 1 or 2 more senators within the next hour
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 01:47:34 PM »

There is no merit to the charges. I will vote against impeaching this dedicated civil servant.

You're not a Senator
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 02:10:25 PM »

Attorney General, you've had nearly a whole day to act. Your department has failed to do anything about TNF's invasion of the Pacific. You've shown gross incompetence, and frankly there's little you can say in your defense. Why didn't you press charges against TNF?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 02:29:25 PM »

Well let's see now. What's my answer going to be. Oh yes. It just so happens that I have a life outside of this game (a shocking and impeachable offense in its own right, probably) and have spent most of this Sunday away from my computer screen.

Well I slept through half the crisis last night, so I'm not blaming you. I just don't understand how you've had the chance to charge Yankee, and Classic Conservative but not TNF. In fact you've made a handful of statements about it but the whole administration has been quiet about TNF as he sends troops across the border
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 01:22:52 AM »

I would vote Nay, I can understand his circumstances even if I would prefer swifter action. And the last thing we need to do is to bully away the remaining people who are as committed to Atlasia as Al.

It's not even bullying people. It's the fact that we need a government that doesn't allow Atlasia to die, or in fact a government that is encouraging it. AL's actions over the last couple of days has been extremely erratic. As I've asked about 5 times now-why hasn't TNF been arrested?

It seems strange, that TNF launches a massive soviet style coup and then the Attorney General refuses to act.

I echo the concerns of the others, until the Attorney General resigns in the appropriate thread then the impeachment will in my view still continue
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 01:19:05 PM »

The decision to also not charge SWE, who's been boasting of open rebellion troubles me as well. The situation on the Attorney General is unclear, I'm not sure whether he's resigned or not. Regardless I will still be supporting his impeachment
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 04:05:27 PM »

I do remember situations when officeholders resigned outside of the proper thread and it stood.

Issue is he's been vague on it, is still posting in the Attorney Generals Office and threatened he has 'other things planned'
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 02:15:55 AM »

As others have said, as Speaker I think there's widespread support from the Senate for this impeachment and hopefully Chief Justice Bgwah can open a vote within the next couple of days
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 03:13:06 PM »

I think we should put this to a vote soon as well, debate seems to have finished and we're in a murky situation on whether the Attorney General has resigned or not
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 03:35:49 AM »

aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies