Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: coalition agreement presented
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:39:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: coalition agreement presented
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 96
Author Topic: Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: coalition agreement presented  (Read 272246 times)
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: March 15, 2017, 04:27:07 PM »

I don't think Baudet will be kingmaker. I can't see him working with VVD, CDA and D66. His main theme was breaking up the party cartel.
SunSt0rm
Netherlands

« Reply #1526 on: March 15, 2017, 04:27:22 PM »

I just read about the Fvd.  Did they attract some former PVV voters? Also, would they be considered viable coalition partners if they had won more seats?  I like how national direct democracy is a key plank of theirs, though I believe D66 is for that too and it doesn't seem as if they've achieved much in spite of being in government over the years.

The Times readers are particularly eager to know what the kingmaker will do now...

lol, he is nowhere to be kingmaker
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #1527 on: March 15, 2017, 04:28:43 PM »

I just read about the Fvd.  Did they attract some former PVV voters? Also, would they be considered viable coalition partners if they had won more seats?  I like how national direct democracy is a key plank of theirs, though I believe D66 is for that too and it doesn't seem as if they've achieved much in spite of being in government over the years.

The Times readers are particularly eager to know what the kingmaker will do now...

But he's Murdoch's boy now.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #1528 on: March 15, 2017, 04:31:34 PM »

So, using the exit poll, is anyone coming up with any potential coalitions?
SunSt0rm
Netherlands

« Reply #1529 on: March 15, 2017, 04:34:14 PM »

Its going to be

VVD+CDA+D66+GL

or

VVD+CDA+D66+CU with possible outside support of SGP
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1530 on: March 15, 2017, 04:35:45 PM »

AD's poll in Heemskerk was pretty good
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1531 on: March 15, 2017, 04:35:58 PM »

VVD-CDA-D66-GL or VVD-CDA-D66-CU with outside support from SGP. There are problems with both coalitions. GL probably doesn't want to work with 3 centre-right parties and D66 would clash with the social conservatives of CU and SGP. But both are possible, I think VVD-CDA-D66-CU-SGP is most likely though. VVD-CDA-D66-PvdA also has a majority but the PvdA isn't going to do that. CDA-D66-GL-SP-PvdA also has a majority but I don't think CDA will do it. They can threaten Rutte with it though.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1532 on: March 15, 2017, 04:38:51 PM »

We currently are witnessing a (presumably) drunk Henk Krol dancing lol.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1533 on: March 15, 2017, 04:43:27 PM »

I always thought he was a right-wing politician given his hawkish budgetary stances...no wonder PvdA is getting slaughtered.

wouldn't associate that so directly....some countries are much more fiscal conservatives than others and still got a left-right divide on many issues.
Ok, there are obviously cultural differences between countries, but you can't really call yourself a social democrat and be part of the PES while you constantly have such strong right-wing economic views.
Honestly, Djissembloem is just as conservative as Katainen or Schaeuble...and that's pretty much saying it all.
SunSt0rm
Netherlands

« Reply #1534 on: March 15, 2017, 04:44:19 PM »

Apparantly in a migrant neighbor, Denk is getting 1/3 of the vote
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1535 on: March 15, 2017, 04:47:04 PM »

PvdD have a better case of being kingmaker lol.

Also, I'm guessing DENK is going to be regretted by the Turkish community sooner or later. Hopefully they aren't overtaken by islamists.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1536 on: March 15, 2017, 04:50:13 PM »

Ok, there are obviously cultural differences between countries, but you can't really call yourself a social democrat and be part of the PES while you constantly have such strong right-wing economic views.

NL is paying a lot of money, didn't cheat re: its financial situation, wasn't in such a big crisis as other countries.....you are a leading member of a social-democratic party and next to you grows a far-right-wing populist party with left-wing economics...for the dutch....mostly voted for by your own former electorate.

what do you do? pushing the notion that we need to forgive and forget everything and save greece once more, even while politicans over there are calling your NAZI....or try to be center-center?

Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #1537 on: March 15, 2017, 04:54:01 PM »

Well, so basically everybody but PvdA claim that they achieved a success as now I read what leaders/speakers said on media? Kinda cute. I am glad that CU maybe will get one more MP. But Kuzu and Ozturk in parliament is kind of sad joke.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1538 on: March 15, 2017, 04:54:17 PM »

Makes no sense to take the exit poll too literally. As if Roemer lost 1 seat. We don't know yet. Last time around they treated CU as if they had won for the first two hours or so, but they remained stable at 5 anyway. SP could as well have 15 seats this time around and not lose anything, CU could as well have 5 and not win anything. NOS are getting ahead of themselves once again. Let's wait for actual results coming in for parties for which the margins are this small.
Diouf
Denmark
« Reply #1539 on: March 15, 2017, 04:56:34 PM »

Are results only reported when the whole municipality is counted or can individual polling place results be seen anywhere?
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1540 on: March 15, 2017, 04:57:19 PM »

NL is paying a lot of money, didn't cheat re: its financial situation, wasn't in such a big crisis as other countries.....you are a leading member of a social-democratic party and next to you grows a far-right-wing populist party with left-wing economics...for the dutch....mostly voted for by your own former electorate.

what do you do? pushing the notion that we need to forgive and forget everything and save greece once more, even while politicans over there are calling your NAZI....or try to be center-center?

Seems like reverse causality to me...your former electorate is not voting you for some reason, and fully embracing austerity without even attempting to provide a progressive project seems a pretty good reason.

And that eventually leads you to losing some 20% in 5 years...
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1541 on: March 15, 2017, 04:58:24 PM »

Turnout is higher, so it takes longer to count votes. Makes sense
SunSt0rm
Netherlands

« Reply #1542 on: March 15, 2017, 05:01:10 PM »

Are results only reported when the whole municipality is counted or can individual polling place results be seen anywhere?

only whole municipalities
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1543 on: March 15, 2017, 05:01:18 PM »

Buma is celebrating winning 19 seats. Surely, it's a big improvement from 2012 but we shouldn't forget that this is their second worst showing ever. They got less seats than in 2010 (when they dropped from 41 to 21).
SunSt0rm
Netherlands

« Reply #1544 on: March 15, 2017, 05:02:13 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2017, 05:04:09 PM by SunSt0rm »

CDA wins Renswoude, VVD lost 17% there

Ouch, PvdA smaller than 50+ and FvD as well in Renswoude
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1545 on: March 15, 2017, 05:02:18 PM »

Seems like reverse causality to me...your former electorate is not voting you for some reason, and fully embracing austerity without even attempting to provide a progressive project seems a pretty good reason.

let me try it another way:

austerity for THEE but not for ME is the general position for potential PvdA <--> Wilders voters, i would guess and if less money goes to "poor south europeans", there is more oppportunity for good old Dutch working class voters and this position is hard to fulfill for a classical leftie.

Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #1546 on: March 15, 2017, 05:03:22 PM »

Turnout is higher, so it takes longer to count votes. Makes sense

Or the Russians are still trying to rig the election.
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #1547 on: March 15, 2017, 05:04:47 PM »

Makes no sense to take the exit poll too literally. As if Roemer lost 1 seat. We don't know yet. Last time around they treated CU as if they had won for the first two hours or so, but they remained stable at 5 anyway. SP could as well have 15 seats this time around and not lose anything, CU could as well have 5 and not win anything. NOS are getting ahead of themselves once again. Let's wait for actual results coming in for parties for which the margins are this small.

Do not kill the fun Sad
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1548 on: March 15, 2017, 05:06:52 PM »

Important thing is that suburban and exurban areas have stayed with the VVD. VVD lost; PVV, CDA, D66 won, but they have largely remained with the VVD. That's what happened, and that's why this result happened.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1549 on: March 15, 2017, 05:07:05 PM »

Henk Kamp just got mentioned as a possible informateur by a journalist. It makes sense, he won't be in the next cabinet and he is one of those elderly statesmen who usually become informateur.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 96  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies