Sanders with biggest crowd so far in not-so-librul Phoenix (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:49:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders with biggest crowd so far in not-so-librul Phoenix (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanders with biggest crowd so far in not-so-librul Phoenix  (Read 1289 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« on: July 21, 2015, 10:42:27 AM »
« edited: July 21, 2015, 10:49:27 AM by anvi »

I don't know guys.  I'm not rooting for Sanders.  But it is starting to look to me like Sanders represents a very serious primary challenge to Clinton.  Sanders seems to have significant sections of Dem and non-Dem-affilliated lefties pretty excited, and the populist element of his message could resonate strongly with some independent voters in open primaries.  All this could catch on even more later this year when more voters are paying attention.  Sanders is campaigning pretty hard in early primary states already too.  The last time a candidate came out of seemingly implausible circumstances to make big speeches that excited lots of crowds and then beat Hillary in the primary was 2008.  Bernie gives lefties the old time religion and sings the populist rage against the big corporations pretty well, and he has the added advantage that he has really been singing those tunes for decades.  I think it may become a closely contested primary season on the Dem side.  What he does still have to prove in order to be viable is that he can win over significant shares of the African-American, Latino and women's vote in the primaries, and I am not sure he can.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies