A new Mock Parliament
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:13:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  A new Mock Parliament
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: A new Mock Parliament  (Read 5959 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2015, 05:13:14 PM »

I'll join, though it seems the "Parliment" is full up.

Actually, this is an important question: will the size of the Parliment be limited to 20, and no one else can participate in the game?  Or will there be chances for the rest of us to participate in other roles?  I'm interested in joining somehow, but obviously if there's a cap it's clearly full up.

We're still trying to figure it out. I'm thinking the first election, at least, given our relatively small population, should be some weird combination of party membership + voting + Foucaulf making decisions, but I don't know. If the game reaches Atlasia levels maybe even a limited regional system could be introduced...?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2015, 06:12:47 PM »

Yeah, we need to find a way for the people who joined after we hit the 20 member cap to start participating before the elections or what not. Perhaps the party membership can nominate their MPs?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2015, 06:46:20 PM »

I'm totally fine limiting the officeholders... I think that's one of the biggest problems with Atlasia!  None of that "there should be starter positions for newbies" business.  But, if I could, I'd like to run a newspaper or an interest group or something.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2015, 07:14:38 PM »

Yeah, we need to find a way for the people who joined after we hit the 20 member cap to start participating before the elections or what not. Perhaps the party membership can nominate their MPs?

Wonderful idea IMO.

And Verin yes I think it's important to limit officeholders - I was just talking to Dallas about this and he (correctly) pointed out that a universal parliament/pure government sim as some were suggesting would be just the US General Discussion board with a map.

Running newspapers and pressure groups etc is actually one of the most - was one of the most - fun things about Atlasia so I think we'd all love that kind of thing here.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2015, 08:45:27 PM »

I'll join the community.
Foucaulf
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2015, 09:14:30 PM »

And Verin yes I think it's important to limit officeholders - I was just talking to Dallas about this and he (correctly) pointed out that a universal parliament/pure government sim as some were suggesting would be just the US General Discussion board with a map.

I'm hoping that everyone who signed up will try to run in a race (either constituency or on a party list). I also hope they'll check back every now and then if they're not elected.

This game will really survive on a mutual commitment to sperg - for us to vote down cabinets if they're being inactive, for us to challenge MPs who are running out on ideas. That kind of interaction is only interesting if left without interference.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2015, 09:19:52 PM »

I'm hoping that everyone who signed up will try to run in a race (either constituency or on a party list). I also hope they'll check back every now and then if they're not elected.

This game will really survive on a mutual commitment to sperg - for us to vote down cabinets if they're being inactive, for us to challenge MPs who are running out on ideas. That kind of interaction is only interesting if left without interference.
I'd like to limit office holders enough that we have a voting base of at least five people, so having regional governments might not work.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2015, 01:38:44 AM »

I'd like to join Smiley
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2015, 10:31:03 AM »

Welcome to the game!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2015, 07:47:14 PM »

I'll join, though it seems the "Parliment" is full up.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2015, 12:58:30 AM »

Welcome one and all! Don't fret about the parliament being full - we'll be having elections at some point or another. In the meantime, contribute to the public discussions that are being held, throw up a poll, join a political party, or start up a newspaper.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2015, 08:00:56 PM »

OK I'm in.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2015, 08:13:53 PM »

Im in.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2015, 08:24:28 PM »

Closed-list PR, no regions. We don't need that kind of bureaucracy. I have some other ideas.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2015, 08:42:05 PM »

Closed-list PR, no regions. We don't need that kind of bureaucracy. I have some other ideas.
I'd love to hear them!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2015, 03:38:05 PM »

Do you guys have to start this while I'm on holiday? Tongue

Count me in, though

x Cranberry
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2015, 12:18:42 AM »

I'll happily join.  Smiley  I've been in favor of restarting this for years.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2015, 09:51:06 AM »

I wonder if there would be some way to have a vote to decide whether we're "playing ourselves" in the game.  I'm very interested in joining in, but that would determine the tenor of my contributions... IRL, I'm a generic center-leftist, but if we didn't have to "play ourselves" I'd be very happy to play as a rabid regionalist or something.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2015, 10:38:55 AM »

Looking at earlier discussions on that point, we seemed to ruled out any kind of characters or RPs per say - in the sense of them being distinct from your regular identity.

Now, as far as your political beliefs go, that's up to you but I think it's fine to have people join (or found) whatever party they wish - as long as they work for said party's platform in the game.  I've always thought Atlasia could have worked better if players didn't join a party that resembled their RL views.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2015, 11:51:19 AM »

I wonder if there would be some way to have a vote to decide whether we're "playing ourselves" in the game.  I'm very interested in joining in, but that would determine the tenor of my contributions... IRL, I'm a generic center-leftist, but if we didn't have to "play ourselves" I'd be very happy to play as a rabid regionalist or something.

My generic center-leftism didn't stop me from playing the rabid regionalist in Atlasia, and I doubt it'll stop you here either.
kaiyybee

« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2015, 10:21:34 PM »

x kaiyybee
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2015, 10:11:07 PM »

So how would this be played?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »