A new Mock Parliament (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:12:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  A new Mock Parliament (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A new Mock Parliament  (Read 6188 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: July 20, 2015, 10:06:25 AM »

Sign me up comrade.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 05:13:14 PM »

I'll join, though it seems the "Parliment" is full up.

Actually, this is an important question: will the size of the Parliment be limited to 20, and no one else can participate in the game?  Or will there be chances for the rest of us to participate in other roles?  I'm interested in joining somehow, but obviously if there's a cap it's clearly full up.

We're still trying to figure it out. I'm thinking the first election, at least, given our relatively small population, should be some weird combination of party membership + voting + Foucaulf making decisions, but I don't know. If the game reaches Atlasia levels maybe even a limited regional system could be introduced...?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 07:14:38 PM »

Yeah, we need to find a way for the people who joined after we hit the 20 member cap to start participating before the elections or what not. Perhaps the party membership can nominate their MPs?

Wonderful idea IMO.

And Verin yes I think it's important to limit officeholders - I was just talking to Dallas about this and he (correctly) pointed out that a universal parliament/pure government sim as some were suggesting would be just the US General Discussion board with a map.

Running newspapers and pressure groups etc is actually one of the most - was one of the most - fun things about Atlasia so I think we'd all love that kind of thing here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies