Kasich announces presidential candidacy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:00:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kasich announces presidential candidacy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Kasich announces presidential candidacy  (Read 6333 times)
Bull Moose Base

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2015, 03:37:02 PM »

Anyone want to bet that the next poll conducted today or later shows a bigger bump for Lindsay Graham?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2015, 03:41:15 PM »

Anyone want to bet that the next poll conducted today or later shows a bigger bump for Lindsay Graham?

Imagine if Trump decided to attack his weakest opponents to divide the opposition? Pataki, Fiornia, and Gilmore are next.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2015, 03:56:28 PM »

So the day of Kasich's big speech Google lists 945 news articles about "Kasich" and 4,713 articles with "Trump"

Trump is such a shiny object troll to the press, he has got NPR acting like Buzzfeed:
The Best Insults Of Donald Trump's Latest Campaign Speech
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2015, 03:58:48 PM »

So the day of Kasich's big speech Google lists 945 news articles about "Kasich" and 4,713 articles with "Trump"

Trump is such a shiny object troll to the press, he has got NPR acting like Buzzfeed:
The Best Insults Of Donald Trump's Latest Campaign Speech

LOL, Trump trolled Kasich by attacking someone else.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2015, 04:23:08 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2015, 04:36:29 PM by Bull Moose Base »

Imagine if Trump decided to attack his weakest opponents to divide the opposition? Pataki, Fiornia, and Gilmore are next.

How dare you suggest Trump thinks carefully let alone at all before saying something! It is pure, unadulterated, improvisational trolling. He thinks zero steps ahead.

Of course… he may have the instinct for doing this without being aware of it.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2015, 04:23:12 PM »

LOL Washington post. Hillary on the other hand is so authentic and charismatic.

Compared to Kasich, yes.  Part of it is that she's an international celebrity and has been around since the 1990s.  But, Clinton is a more polished politician than Kasich.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2015, 04:46:09 PM »

I will never support Kasich. He went after unions and a Glen Beck conservative.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2015, 04:50:13 PM »

I would have voted Guiliani, thats the only GOPer I supported in my lifetime.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2015, 06:18:33 PM »

Compared to Kasich, yes.  Part of it is that she's an international celebrity and has been around since the 1990s.  But, Clinton is a more polished politician than Kasich.

I get you're a big Hillary fan, but it's pretty absurd (or at least comically biased) to say so matter-of-factly that Hillary is more authentic than Kasich...  That's not a flaw of his that would immediately be mentioned (while it's a frequent criticism of Hillary).
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2015, 07:22:16 PM »

I get you're a big Hillary fan, but it's pretty absurd (or at least comically biased) to say so matter-of-factly that Hillary is more authentic than Kasich...  That's not a flaw of his that would immediately be mentioned (while it's a frequent criticism of Hillary).

I think it's an unfair, trumped up criticism of Hillary Clinton.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2015, 07:28:46 PM »

What a terrific announcement! Hopefully this gives him the boost he needs to get into the debate.

Fingers crossed. Smiley
Consciously Unconscious
Liberty Republican
United States

« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2015, 08:35:13 PM »

Depending on how the next few weeks go, I could see the pub establishment ditching Bush for Kasich (IF he does well)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2015, 11:31:15 PM »

About 0.0 people think Kasich is a fake. He's authentic, at the very least.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2015, 06:00:45 AM »

He is my 2nd choice.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2015, 06:15:05 AM »

Kasich's definitely in my top 3. Hope he does well
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2015, 09:20:49 AM »

I think it's an unfair, trumped up criticism of Hillary Clinton.

That's a fine and respectable opinion, but what's your reasoning for saying Kasich isn't as authentic as her?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2015, 05:53:18 PM »

Robert Reich put it very well:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Milquetoast
Condescending Red Avatar
Rookie
United States

« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2015, 06:01:12 PM »

Most people with eyes can see that Kasich and the rest of the Republican field is full of fakes and frauds. There's literally zero evidence that Kasich is a serious candidate. No one wants to see John Kasich and his buddy Gary Condit in the White House.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2015, 06:05:03 PM »

Robert Reich put it very well:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think Kasich has a great chance of winning the GOP nomination.

The reason is simple.  Kasich is the Republican most likely to beat Hillary Clinton.   I think it's just a matter of time before Republicans figure this out.  He's not my #1 pick, but I think he's the strongest of all the GOP candidates running.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2015, 06:30:31 PM »

Most people with eyes can see that Kasich and the rest of the Republican field is full of fakes and frauds. There's literally zero evidence that Kasich is a serious candidate. No one wants to see John Kasich and his buddy Gary Condit in the White House.

Yay, a new hack...

Some "Condescending Blue Avatar" can come say the exact same thing except about all the Democratic candidates, and they'd have about as much (zero) credibility as you.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2015, 07:55:43 PM »

Jeb Bush, John Kasich will be the Republican ticket in 2016.
Milquetoast
Condescending Red Avatar
Rookie
United States

« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2015, 08:59:58 PM »

Yay, a new hack...

Some "Condescending Blue Avatar" can come say the exact same thing except about all the Democratic candidates, and they'd have about as much (zero) credibility as you.

You're free to form your own opinion regarding my credibility but I think we can agree that we really don't need another condescending blue avatar around here. Balance and moderation are the keys to life.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2015, 09:04:34 PM »

Most people with eyes can see that Kasich and the rest of the Republican field is full of fakes and frauds. There's literally zero evidence that Kasich is a serious candidate.

What does that mean exactly? In what way are all of the Republicans fraudulent? How does one detect fraudulence with the eyes?

The last point is demonstrably false; I mean, a media rollout, website, and logo, are at least evidence, albeit not conclusive evidence, but obviously evidence, of a serious candidate.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2015, 09:31:20 PM »

Part of me thinks that Kasich/Rubio would be practically invincible, barring a black swan scandal.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2015, 09:39:35 PM »

Yay, a new hack...

You're free to form your own opinion regarding my credibility but I think we can agree that we really don't need another condescending blue avatar around here. Balance and moderation are the keys to life.
SOCK CONFIRMED SOCK CONFIRMED
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies