Florida 2016 Congressional Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:26:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida 2016 Congressional Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida 2016 Congressional Elections  (Read 10658 times)
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 04, 2015, 04:03:25 PM »

If Crist is willing to stay in the House for six years and run for Governor/Senator in 2022, I don't mind. I do mind a one-term Congressman immediately running for something he lost four years prior to that.

I think he wants to use the House as a stepping stone back to the governor's chair to prove that he can still win elections. He will try to enter governor's mansion in 2018 again (and probaly lose).

I hope Gwen Graham runs for gov and beats him in the primary.    She's such a better candidate in almost every possible way.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 06:39:11 PM »

If Crist is willing to stay in the House for six years and run for Governor/Senator in 2022, I don't mind. I do mind a one-term Congressman immediately running for something he lost four years prior to that.

I think he wants to use the House as a stepping stone back to the governor's chair to prove that he can still win elections. He will try to enter governor's mansion in 2018 again (and probaly lose).

I hope Gwen Graham runs for gov and beats him in the primary.    She's such a better candidate in almost every possible way.
As of yesterday, Graham's career is pretty much over.

Absolutely not.   She's a fantastic candidate if you look into it.    Also very well known.    She's a perfect fit for a statewide run.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 06:50:05 PM »

Andrew Gillum might be challenging Corrinne Brown in FL-5 in the Dem primary.....please please please let it be true!!!    Get rid of her ASAP!
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 11:05:56 PM »

Absolutely not.   She's a fantastic candidate if you look into it.    Also very well known.    She's a perfect fit for a statewide run.
Why vote for Graham when you can vote for the younger, more experienced Murphy. If Graham runs, Grayson is the nominee and the 'Pubs wipe the FL-Dems off the map. The new district makes Graham's reelection prospects harder. Her career is over.

Of course she's not going to run in 2016 for Senate against Murphy,  that'd be dumb.    The idea is to get her to run in 2018 for Governor.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 11:59:38 AM »
« Edited: December 09, 2015, 12:09:16 PM by Nyvin »

I hope Gwen Graham runs for gov and beats him in the primary.    She's such a better candidate in almost every possible way.

Absolutely not.   She's a fantastic candidate if you look into it.    Also very well known.    She's a perfect fit for a statewide run.
Why vote for Graham when you can vote for the younger, more experienced Murphy. If Graham runs, Grayson is the nominee and the 'Pubs wipe the FL-Dems off the map. The new district makes Graham's reelection prospects harder. Her career is over.

Of course she's not going to run in 2016 for Senate against Murphy,  that'd be dumb.    The idea is to get her to run in 2018 for Governor.
...after she gets destroyed in 2016? That'd basically be like Allen West running for Governor. If she can't win reelection, how are people going to take her gubernatorial bid seriously? Her "career' is over, and thank God, because she is highly overrated.

Retiring from a district after your base gets ripped out won't look bad on her,   it's literally impossible for her to win in the changed FL-2 and anyone can see that.  

A nearly identical situation is playing out with Jim Matheson in Utah...his district was drawn more conservatively and he retired from his seat in 2014,  now most are thinking he's planning on running either for Governor or Senate in 2018.    Charlie Crist lost multiple times too, he's still running in FL-13 next year.

btw- It would be nothing like Allen West running for gov....she matches the statewide vote MUCH better than West ever would.

Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 06:11:42 PM »

This is old news, but I was busy with Christmas and such -

Brown won't be running in FL-10...she's going to stick to FL-5:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/corrine-brown-wont-run-in-websters-district/2258723
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 10:51:38 PM »

If Graham is actually elected to the redrawn FL-2, it is going to be such an odd result. Democrats didn't win any seat over 60% Romney in 2012, except for the Matheson seat, which is misleading because Romney had a massive over performance there due to his mormonism.
Is Graham running in FL-02 or FL-05?  Also, has Cook released PVI's for the new Florida districts yet?

It "seems" like Graham is running in FL-2,  she's certainly not running in FL-5.

The Cook PVI numbers for Florida and Virginia seem to be on the Cook Index Wiki page at least.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies