Florida 2016 Congressional Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:01:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida 2016 Congressional Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida 2016 Congressional Elections  (Read 10662 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: November 17, 2015, 05:48:01 PM »

Randy Perkins is in for FL-18.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 04:25:02 PM »

Melissa McKinley ends her campaign with Randy Perkins announcement.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 05:02:53 PM »

If Crist is willing to stay in the House for six years and run for Governor/Senator in 2022, I don't mind. I do mind a one-term Congressman immediately running for something he lost four years prior to that.

I think he wants to use the House as a stepping stone back to the governor's chair to prove that he can still win elections. He will try to enter governor's mansion in 2018 again (and probaly lose).

I hope Gwen Graham runs for gov and beats him in the primary.    She's such a better candidate in almost every possible way.
As of yesterday, Graham's career is pretty much over.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 10:52:57 PM »

If Crist is willing to stay in the House for six years and run for Governor/Senator in 2022, I don't mind. I do mind a one-term Congressman immediately running for something he lost four years prior to that.

I think he wants to use the House as a stepping stone back to the governor's chair to prove that he can still win elections. He will try to enter governor's mansion in 2018 again (and probaly lose).

I hope Gwen Graham runs for gov and beats him in the primary.    She's such a better candidate in almost every possible way.

Absolutely not.   She's a fantastic candidate if you look into it.    Also very well known.    She's a perfect fit for a statewide run.
Why vote for Graham when you can vote for the younger, more experienced Murphy. If Graham runs, Grayson is the nominee and the 'Pubs wipe the FL-Dems off the map. The new district makes Graham's reelection prospects harder. Her career is over.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 11:24:34 AM »

Absolutely not.   She's a fantastic candidate if you look into it.    Also very well known.    She's a perfect fit for a statewide run.
Why vote for Graham when you can vote for the younger, more experienced Murphy. If Graham runs, Grayson is the nominee and the 'Pubs wipe the FL-Dems off the map. The new district makes Graham's reelection prospects harder. Her career is over.

Of course she's not going to run in 2016 for Senate against Murphy,  that'd be dumb.    The idea is to get her to run in 2018 for Governor.
...after she gets destroyed in 2016? That'd basically be like Allen West running for Governor. If she can't win reelection, how are people going to take her gubernatorial bid seriously? Her "career' is over, and thank God, because she is highly overrated.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 05:49:56 PM »

Ugh, I know what Rick Baker is going to do in regards to FL-13 but I'm not really sure if I can say yet.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 06:16:09 PM »
« Edited: April 11, 2016, 06:18:10 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

She's said she won't run against C. Brown. It seems like she's just going to hope for the best in the redrawn (62% Romney) FL-2.
The GOP bench so far in the district is rather weak. Dunn has some problems with his Super PAC (his campaign treasurer is also his Super PAC treasurer), where as Mary Thomas and Ken Sukhia are apparently relatively unknown, and Matt Gaetz is running in FL-1. Any of these three candidates could make it a race, but Graham is certainly savvy.

Personally, I think Neal Dunn is the best bet so long as he clears up this mess. Mary Thomas is also an interesting candidate (young, attractive Indian-American woman who has a respected legal career) and Ken Sukhia has been described by one person I know who is deep in the Tally GOP establishment as being the most "brilliant" lawyer he's ever met (said person worked with Ted Cruz in 2000), so the field isn't so bad on the whole.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 03:09:48 PM »

^ And all three put (in big letters) word "CONSERVATIVE!" on front page of their web sites. Yawn and boring))))) Even in that district)))
You don't really get North Florida.

Anyway, Rick Baker announced he isn't running in FL-13. Knew that yesterday but had no idea that the announcement would be so soon.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies