Should Rand Paul bring his father on the campaign trail? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:29:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Should Rand Paul bring his father on the campaign trail? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Rand use his dad on the Campaign Trail?
Yes, and extensively
Yes, but in a limited role
Not sure.
No, only if he won't talk about drugs or foreign polocy
Not at all.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Should Rand Paul bring his father on the campaign trail?  (Read 1794 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 23, 2015, 07:49:13 PM »

His campaign isn't really generating that much excitement and a lot of Libertarians have doubted if not abandoned him. I know it would be risky and Ron Paul's not the best speaker but Rand could control the content of his speeches and galvanize the support of more in the process. What do you guys think?
This is exactly why I can't take Paul criticism seriously. It's either people blatantly lie or have no knowledge of the liberty movement.

Yes. He should have been a visible part of the campaign from day one. Why Rand thought that he could court a party elite that hates him, hates his family, and hates the political movement that swept him to office in the first place is beyond me.

Rand Paul has been trying to simultaneously hold onto his father's libertarian supporters, cozy up to the Republican establishment, and court voters in the party's base.  In trying to do these three contradictory things at the same time, he's failed in all of them.

The establishment is lukewarm toward him, conservatives are lukewarm toward him, libertarians are lukewarm toward him.  His campaign has become a lukewarm pile of disappointment and wasted potential. 

The sad part about all this is that Paul was the frontrunner for the nomination and the clear favourite among conservatives before he decided to rebrand himself. All he had to do was stick to his guns and ride the wave.
He was the frontrunner when rarely anyone was making noise about 2016. That's not a legitimate frontrunner.
Again, it amazes me how people think libertarians are overwhelmingly leaving Rand. This myth is absurd.

"Myth"? Maybe it has to do with those pesky poll numbers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies