Should poors all have big TVs?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:39:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should poors all have big TVs?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Poors
Yes

No

AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLERS!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Should poors all have big TVs?  (Read 452 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 03, 2015, 12:05:30 AM »

Inspired by the crowd inspired by Joseph Stiglitz

Sorry for a little bit of "trolling" in the wee morning hours as I lie awake, but maybe a good poster will take this seriously. Eagerly awaiting the results.
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 11:35:36 AM »
« Edited: August 03, 2015, 11:38:24 AM by angus »

possibly unrelated:  we were in Wal-Mart last week looking for the types of things best purchased at Wal-Mart (a new set of LEGOs, an air filter for the air conditioner, a 36-pack of Charmin Ultra Soft, a shower curtain liner) and as we made our way down one of the toy aisles, we found that a rather corpulent woman was blocking the way.  She didn't mean to block the way, I think, but her incredibly large ass stuck out as far behind as her ample breasts and stomach stuck out in front, so she was effectively blocking the way, and my son and I had to take another route to get where we were going.  But I digress.  The relevant point is that the woman was with a thin boy of perhaps 5 or 6, in tattered clothes, and they were admiring the big plastic motorized electric cars on the top shelf.  These are the kind you plug in overnight and in the morning the rechargeable 12-volt battery has enough power to allow up to two children to ride around in the driveway for a couple of hours.  They cost around two hundred dollars and often feature one of your favorite animated movie characters such as Spider Man or Olaf from "Frozen."  I overheard the woman telling the boy that she will buy him one when her settlement check comes in.  

I guess it's good to have priorities.  

Anyway, who is Joseph Stiglitz?  For that matter, who is John Galt?

edit:  voted AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLERS!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies