The Next Chapter (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:43:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Next Chapter (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Next Chapter  (Read 874 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: July 20, 2015, 04:39:11 PM »

Atlasia has had a great run. I am perhaps not the best to speak of what in particular made it great over its 11 years, but it one can hardly claim otherwise. But there is now a broad consensus that the game in its present form has reached its limits, that we must turn to something new. I think many-- myself included-- took such sentiment to mean that we must stop taking part in such games altogether, that the Atlas as a whole was dead, and so too must Atlasia die.

But this is not the case. We see that almost 3 out of 4 Atlasians think it is time to start anew. And start anew we already have. We have revived the Mock Parliament and there are now over two dozen players signed up, just a day after starting. Here is our new start, our opportunity to play a game that will be engaging, interesting, and above all fun as Atlasia was at its start and in a way we now find so lacking from the game today. We have the potential to work with a constitutional framework allowing flexibility and adaptability, precluding the inertia and stagnation that left so many cynical and disillusioned. Here is our new opportunity. It should not be allowed to pass us by.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 07:04:32 PM »

Why not just kill off the game and let something form organically? The parliament experiment has been tried before and usually dies off pretty quickly due to lack of interest, so I really don't see it as a viable plan to follow in the footsteps of Atlasia.

Surely that counts as "organic"?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies