The Social Liberals
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:21:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  The Social Liberals
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: The Social Liberals  (Read 17957 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2015, 09:23:50 PM »

The Leader's Address

My fellow party members, it is an honor to be here with you in beautiful Rio de Janeiro! I can say with no doubt in my mind that no organization as humble, hardworking, and connected to the grassroots as this one exists in all of South America! Thank you once again for your support.

This party has come a long way since our strong performance in the general election held last month, where we barely fell short of winning a sixth seat. We have been an equal and effective partner in government, with three ministers and the Speaker of Parliament. One of our distinguished former members served as our first President and now serves as our continent's first Judge. I have no doubt we will continue to make further strides in the future!

We have made much progress over the past few months, including the passage of a constitution, the creation of a federated military, establishment of relations with our northern neighbor, and now a currency union across the continent! Yet there is much work to be done, including the passage of universal healthcare, protection of civil liberties, incentives for small business, and increased education! We intend to work on solving these issues, along with many more, in the coming months.

But tonight I am proud to unveil to you two bills of this government, created by myself and the Chairman of this party, in order to protect our environment for years to come! A comprehensive cap-and-trade bill, working with our international partners to combat climate change, and an unprecedented ecosystem preservation bill, in order to prevent the eradication of our national heritage, such as the beautiful Amazon Rainforest, shall make it onto the floor tonight. If these pass, and I am certain they shall, we shall no longer continue with the destruction of our natural places, and leave behind a continent to be proud of for future generations of South Americans!

I ask you to stand with me in working to pass these acts; only with your continued support can we make these a reality. Thank you, and God Bless South America!

-Talleyrand
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2015, 05:45:26 AM »

I motion the following policies be added to the platform, under section one, A society that works for all

• We will introduce a comprehensive program providing for readily accessibly mental health services for South Americans
  • We will commit to battling the scourge of homelessness through social housing and support for emergency shelters, among other methods

I motion that the section one, line 2 (education) be amended to read the following-

• We will standardize the system of education into a national program and ensure that education is free and completely accessible up to the end of secondary schooling, making sure that every child can get an equal chance.  We understand that communities work best on the local level, and will seek to partner with existing school authorities on a basis of mutual respect.

I also motion that the following policy be added to the platform under section three, Leadership in a changing world

• We will commit to investment in and the development of renewable energy for South America's future, ending our reliance on limited and environmentally harmful sources of power
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2015, 07:47:19 PM »

I motion the following policies be added to the platform, under section one, A society that works for all

• We will introduce a comprehensive program providing for readily accessibly mental health services for South Americans
  • We will commit to battling the scourge of homelessness through social housing and support for emergency shelters, among other methods

I motion that the section one, line 2 (education) be amended to read the following-

• We will standardize the system of education into a national program and ensure that education is free and completely accessible up to the end of secondary schooling, making sure that every child can get an equal chance.  We understand that communities work best on the local level, and will seek to partner with existing school authorities on a basis of mutual respect.

I also motion that the following policy be added to the platform under section three, Leadership in a changing world

• We will commit to investment in and the development of renewable energy for South America's future, ending our reliance on limited and environmentally harmful sources of power

I second these changes.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2015, 09:16:53 PM »

Needless to say that I agree with the proposals presented by Blair.

I will offer a few of my own as well:

Delete Line One of Section Four, namely:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Insert into Section One:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2015, 11:03:13 AM »

I don't know if this would be the place to do it, but I'm gonna resign from the executive.  I just haven't had as much time as I thought I would and sadly, I don't see that changing any time soon for a variety of reasons.  I was worried this might happen, hence my request for a low slot on the list in the run-up to the first parliamentary election.  Our executive should lead by example with regard to activity and since I don't think I can do that right now due to RL, resigning seems like the right thing to do.  Hopefully, I'm not letting anyone down Sad
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2015, 02:46:45 PM »

In order to expedite the platform process, I will declare that the amendments have been adopted with no objections.  If any member has any objection, please state so within the next twenty-four hours.

I would like to thoroughly thank X for his service on the Executive; I accept his resignation and declare a vacancy on the Party Executive.   

The party leadership will be meeting to discuss the appointment of a party member to fill the balance of X's term which expires at the end of this month.  Anyone who is interested in the position, please state so here or send me a PM.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2015, 02:57:59 PM »

I would also like to extend my gratitude for Mr. X's service, and wish him well in whatever he'll being doing next.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #157 on: October 05, 2015, 07:18:05 PM »

The platform changes have all been adopted.  I think we can be very proud of the comprehensive platform has that will serve as the basis of our next election manifesto!
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #158 on: October 06, 2015, 10:12:07 PM »

We are continuing our search for a replacement for Mr. X's vacated seat.

Seeing as the next general election will be held by the end of this month, I would think it prudent for us to begin the process of selecting our party list to fight our cause for the party.  Per the constitution, members have forty-eight hours to nominate to contest the party list.

Additionally, the final business for the Conference will be to consider any amendments to the party constitution.  I will allocate forty-eight hours for any member to propose changes to the constitution.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #159 on: October 06, 2015, 10:20:53 PM »

I nominate for the party list.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2015, 02:56:15 PM »

I also nominate for the party list.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2015, 06:25:40 PM »

I will not be seeking another term in parliament
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #162 on: October 08, 2015, 06:42:17 PM »

I will be seeking another term in parliament.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2015, 02:09:18 AM »

I nominate for the party list.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2015, 11:48:22 AM »

Sorry everyone, I was travelling most of yesterday. I'll allow further nominations for today and then we'll vote.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2015, 01:00:55 PM »

Social Liberals Party List Selection
Please rank your choices in order of preference

[ ] BaconBacon96
[ ] Barnes
[ ] Vega

A reminder that Talley and SJoyce are automatically placed on the list as Leader and Deputy Leader, respectively.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2015, 07:24:40 PM »

1. BaconBacon96
2. Barnes
3. Vega
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2015, 12:07:26 AM »

[3] BaconBacon96
[2] Barnes
[1] Vega
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2015, 07:56:37 AM »

1. Barnes.
2. Vega.
3. BaconBacon96
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2015, 08:03:55 AM »

1. BaconBacon
2. Barnes
3. Vega
4. write-in: Polnut
5. write-in: Dallasfan

Since we only have five candidates running this time, I hope we can get all of them in like we did last time around.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #170 on: October 11, 2015, 11:36:39 AM »

1. Barnes
2. BaconBacon
3. Vega
4. write-in: Polnut
5. write-in: Dallasfan

As a note, at the last election we also added extra candidates on the list which is what I'll do for any write-in votes cast
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2015, 02:43:19 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2015, 02:48:40 PM by Winter has come »

1. Barnes
2. Vega
3. BaconBacon96
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #172 on: October 11, 2015, 10:50:54 PM »

Social Liberals Party List Selection
Please rank your choices in order of preference

[2] BaconBacon96
[1] Barnes
[3] Vega
[4] Write-in: Polnut
[5] Write-in: Dallasfan
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2015, 09:41:22 AM »

Blair has been appointed to fill the vacant position on the Party Executive.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2015, 12:36:35 PM »

Barnes 9
BaconBacon 15
Vega 16

So Barnes wins the 3rd position, and BaconBacon gets 4th, with Vega receiving the 5th (by a one vote margin, so a reversal from last time around). Polnut and Dallasfan will be immediately after them, and the Party Executive may choose to add some more members to fill slots if deemed necessary, though this is unlikely at this point.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies